And the 2016 Election Cycle Officially Begins

Canadian born, Mexican-American Ted Cruz, who is anti-immigration, announced at Liberty University his plan to destroy America.]

Texas Senator Ted Cruz announced early Monday on Twitter his plans to run for president, becoming the first high-profile Republican formally to enter the 2016 presidential contest. Cruz has hinted openly at his intentions to seek the White House for months, and his intention to jump into the race was confirmed by a strategist for the first-term Republican senator, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity so as not to preclude the formal announcement.
Attendance at the announcement was mandatory for the students.]
The announcement was made at the school's Convocation, a thrice-weekly mandatory assembly with a stated purpose to "develop campus unity, disseminate information, and challenge students spiritually, socially, morally and intellectually," according to a Liberty University's Student Honor Code. "All students are required to attend Convocation," the code states, warning students that they face disciplinary action should they miss it. Its required attendance is also mentioned in the 10 Liberty University Distinctives (sic), which are inspired by the late Jerry Falwell, who founded the university. Liberty University President Jerry Falwell, Jr., in a statement sent to Mashable, said in part, "It is no secret that Convocation is held three times a week and attendance is required, just like class is required for students."
Unfortunately for him, the man who owns the website tedcruz.com (and is also named Ted Cruz, so good luck getting that domain from him) hates Senator Ted Cruz. :D

From the new Yorker: Disturbed Man Tries to Get into White house].
Pretty much nails it. I’ve also seen reports that Birthers are now even more confused than before.

Canadian born, Mexican-American Ted Cruz, who is anti-immigration, announced at Liberty University his plan to destroy America.]
Texas Senator Ted Cruz announced early Monday on Twitter his plans to run for president, becoming the first high-profile Republican formally to enter the 2016 presidential contest.
Criticized by members of his own party at times, he won praise from tea party activists for leading the GOP's push to shut down the federal government during an unsuccessful bid to block funding for President Barack Obama's health care law. One of the nation's top college debaters while a student at Princeton University, Cruz continues to be a leading voice for the law's repeal. He also promises to abolish the Internal Revenue Service, scrap the education department and curtail federal regulators, likening them to locusts.
Some call it treason.

Cruz is as the song says “partly truth, partly fiction, a walking contradiction”. So far he’s second to last in the conservative opinion polls just ahead of Ben Carson the evolution and global warming denier who believes prison makes you gay. My question is where’s the disconnect between a Harvard education (and Princeton) and fact denial? How can he, Jindal and Carson spout this egregious crap and live with themselves knowing full well they’re lying? Of course Cruz is a Bible believer.
Cap’t Jack

From the new Yorker: Disturbed Man Tries to Get into White house]. Pretty much nails it. I've also seen reports that Birthers are now even more confused than before.
Is that even possible?

Hard to imagine, isn’t it?

From the new Yorker: Disturbed Man Tries to Get into White house]. Pretty much nails it. I've also seen reports that Birthers are now even more confused than before.
Are you calling "The Donald" confused? Trump brings birther charge against Cruz] fivethirtyeight.com on Ted Cruz's chances of winning.]
Cruz is likely far too extreme ideologically to win the nomination. The Republican party has a habit of nominating relatively moderate candidates (see John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012). That’s especially the case when the party has been out of the White House for more than one term. A Cruz nomination wouldn’t just break this streak; it would throw it off a 100-floor balcony and drop a piano on it.
Ted Cruz is signing up for Obamacare!] But wait, there's more!]
Oh, and I made a mistake, Ted's a Cuban-American, not a Mexican-American as I said. My apologies to the Mexican-American community, and my condolences to the Cuban-American community.

Ted Cruz signing up for Obamacare. I love it. :lol: