David Barton contemplating running for U.S. Senate in Texas

Just when you though the Republican Party had hot bottom with Ted Cruz, along comes Christian minister and discredited historian David Barton considering running against incumbent John Cornyn.
Here are 15 things we need to know about David Barton].
Among the lowlights, we had to destroy the Native Americans because they “were resisting missionaries trying to civilize them,” our Founding Fathers refuted the Theory of Evolution, and abortion rights lead to divine punishment. That’s right folks, Barton does not believe carbon emissions lead to climate change, but rather global warming is God’s way of punishing America for letting women make their won medical decisions.
The man encapsulates all the Christian crazy we fight against in this country.

Yes, he’s made his ‘career’ as a Faux historian. He writes blatant lies.

I guess that every successful sociopath dreams of attaining public office.

so then what do you think are his chances?

Hard to tell in Texas. We elected Ted Cruz, so anything is possible.

Not we, they! Any nut can be elected in Texas, especially one of the Christian religious variety. It goes with the territory.
Not we, they! Any nut can be elected in Texas, especially one of the Christian religious variety. It goes with the territory. Darron hails from the Lone Star State. I think that's why he said "we".

Yes, I live in Texas. I did not vote for Ted Cruz. I said “we” because we the people elected Cruz.

I do think though that all in all having people like this nutjob elected is a net positive. The Christian fundies/tea party/conservative nuts have operated undercover for too long. No one has really seen the real damage they can do. By getting them out in the open, on full display so to speak, the masses who are just trying to get by can see them for what they are. We had a taste of this with the debt ceiling and gov shutdown debacle. I really look at conservatism as a disease. As long as it’s allowed to just gnaw away undetected (on a large scale) it just keeps the “person” limping along.

I do think though that all in all having people like this nutjob elected is a net positive. The Christian fundies/tea party/conservative nuts have operated undercover for too long. No one has really seen the real damage they can do. By getting them out in the open, on full display so to speak, the masses who are just trying to get by can see them for what they are. We had a taste of this with the debt ceiling and gov shutdown debacle. I really look at conservatism as a disease. As long as it's allowed to just gnaw away undetected (on a large scale) it just keeps the "person" limping along.
Yes, but no matter how bad people act or what ridiculous things they say, someone will still vote for them. That's the danger. Lois
Not we, they! Any nut can be elected in Texas, especially one of the Christian religious variety. It goes with the territory. Darron hails from the Lone Star State. I think that's why he said "we". Maybe. I doubt he voted for Ted Cruz, but I'm sorry Darron's in Texas. I wonder if he's ever considered busting out. ;) Lois
Maybe. I doubt he voted for Ted Cruz, but I'm sorry Darron's in Texas. I wonder if he's ever considered busting out. ;) Lois
One more summer like 2011 and we're outta here.