An insider psychologist's view of the t rump's psyche

The other folks here are too emotional and that is not a good trait for straight objective thinkers.
One can be quite emotional and still think straight and objectively. In fact, that is an important skill. Especially when it comes to the t rump. He purposely evokes emotion much of the time with his trolling. At other times, he evokes emotions by his sheer amount of dysfunctional personality characteristics as well as his dysfunctional actions.

Dmf, you have a good beginning list, I think, of factors that comprise the t rump’s inadequacies and incompetence.

If the dotard remains in power for another 4 years, there will not be a U.S.A. There will be a lot of death, suffering, and destruction of everything and lives. He’s the most dangerous man in the world right now and that dude in Brazil is 2nd. Together, North and South America will destroyed. Brazil via COVID-19 and the world due to the destruction of the Amazon in Brazil. The U.S. will just be destroyed. I don’t know if there will be life left after four more years in the U.S. Brazil won’t be much different after that dude gets done with it if he stay in control down there. He’s practically mirroring the dotard.

@dmfrensley

How about you tell me why you think he IS fit for the presidency? But do it tomorrow. I’m going to bed.
I think Trump is fit because he was elected by Americans. You are an American, are you not? If you are, then you are good enough for me to trust with my life. Without that trust in my fellow Americans, I don't have a country. For, it's not for me to question why; into the valley of death I ride with the six hundred.
Without that trust in my fellow Americans, I don’t have a country. For, it’s not for me to question why; into the valley of death I ride with the six hundred.
Cue the hero music, played by an orchestra of kazoos.

The t rump is the author of most of the distrust between Americans these days. He is and always has been a divider. He does not have the true characteristics that can inspire lasting trust. And he is a grand enemy of truth. If he remains in power, the economy will ultimately fail devastatingly beyond anything we have yet considered. In a world where there is no credibility, there can be no credit. Our world will not easily adjust to there suddenly being no such thing as credit.

Of course, the t rump may also be the author of other destructions, before or beyond that. Billions could die in 4 more years of the t rump.

He is already the author of the world’s worst national handling of the pandemic.

I think Trump is fit because he was elected by Americans. -- Sree
When you dodge the question it shows you don't have an answer. He won the popularity contest. He found the way to make the electoral system work for him. He figured out that most people don't pay much attention to what they do in the voting booth. Of the the people who vote, that are half the people who can vote, half of them can't name the vice president. That's your criteria for fit?
@dmfrensley - #332342

timb – Absolutely agree with you, although I’m not sure you could really call him an adult. He is more like a large 6-year-old who won’t play if he can’t win. Wish he would take his toys and go home and left the grown-ups talk now.

ditto, although Noam Shpancer Ph.D. in Psychological Today would disagree

Psychological Science Says Trump Is a Four-Year-Old

… And therein lies the key: The core Trump dissonance is that he’s an elderly man who possesses the outward appearance and trappings of adulthood—and who occupies the public role we most strongly associate with adulthood—but who is on the inside predominantly infantile. It is that specific dissonance that is wholly novel on the political scene.

Over and above the contested considerations of ideology, temperament, character, or intelligence, we all expect (and are used to) a modicum of maturity in our presidents. In our collective imagination the president is a grownup, not a child; not immature in his fundamental bearing and cast of mind. Trump is, and as such he dramatically violates both our experience and our cultural expectations. He calls up the incongruent fascination and dread of a child-king or the baby-faced assassin.

To say Trump is ‘infantile,’ in this context is to say two related yet distinct things:

That he fails to demonstrate some behavioral and attitudinal quality we call ‘maturity’.
That his cast of mind, the way he processes information, appears qualitatively different from an adult mind. …

===============================

TRUMPOLOGY

Donald Trump’s Mommy Issues
He may not have bonded successfully with his mother and that made him the adult—and the politician—that he is.

By PETER LOVENHEIM

May 13, 2018

www _ politico _ com/magazine/story/2018/05/13/trump-mothers-day-218363

Peter Lovenheim lives in Washington, D.C. His book, The Attachment Effect: Exploring the Powerful Ways Our Earliest Bond Shapes Our Relationships and Lives will be published by Penguin Random House on June 5.
Donald Trump is easily the most psychoanalyzed president of modern times. His decision-making style and behavior have been hotly debated by journalists, voters, politicians, world leaders and pundits who have bestowed upon him any number of fanciful, grave-sounding mental conditions, calling him, among other things, a narcissist, a sociopath, a psychopath and a paranoiac. Trump has said he distrusts mental health professionals, so we don’t have access to a formal assessment of his psychology. But colloquially speaking, perhaps the best explanation for the president’s behavior dates back to his earliest interactions with his mother. …

========================================

01-20-17
INFOGRAPHIC OF THE DAY
Data Proves It: Trump Has The Emotional Maturity Of A Toddler
Face-tracking algorithms and data visualization reveal that Trump speeches take us on an emotional roller coaster.

www _ fastcompany _ com/3067394/data-proves-it-trump-has-the-emotional-maturity-of-a-toddler

BY MARK WILSON

Donald Trump doesn’t always speak with proper grammar. And he doesn’t always speak with facts. But he does speak with two other powerful tools: anger, and even more so, volatility.

The data visualization firm Periscopic lays it out in a new data visualization called On The Trump Emoto-Coaster. “If it felt like you were on an emotional roller coaster during this past Presidential election, just look at what was happening to Donald Trump,” the team writes. “As shown in 10 of the major speeches he gave from July through December, there’s a rise and fall of intense emotion.” As Trevor Noah so cuttingly put it last year, Trump has the unmodulated mentality of a toddler. …

@sree

You think the dotard is fit because the Electoral College put him in office not the people of the U.S. Don’t confuse that. The people of the U.S. did not vote him in, because our votes when to Hillary.

That said, here is a podcast to help you wake up:

https://pointofinquiry.org/2020/07/steven-hassan-on-breaking-down-the-cult-of-trump/?fbclid=IwAR20BXwSwcQqLDsM1JXcKWsAKBUjnjrSbrdJVBi6nLWceFYshxPvgSL2OlM

If Trump is a cult leader he must be the most boring, ineffective one ever.

Of course the definition of cult leader can be stretched to mean anybody I don’t agree with who also scares me.

No you can’t call anyone you don’t like a cult leader.

It requires having a cult, that needs to be led.

An expert on cults says Trump false claim that his 'authority is total' could be taken right out of the 'cult leader playbook'

Lauren Frias
Apr 18, 2020,

Cult expert Steven Hassan said President Donald Trump’s penchant for claiming “authority” and expert knowledge on the coronavirus is a move that could be taken right out of the “cult leader playbook.”

Hassan illustrated how people are especially vulnerable to influence during an event like a pandemic, and Trump’s unyielding behavior could be dangerous in a time where expert opinions are paramount.

From Trump’s claims of absolute authority to his decision to cut funding to the World Health Organization, Hassan said he thinks it will only prolong problems as the US continues to grapple with the coronavirus.

Seems like Trump has the power of the Chosen One. He didn’t ask for it. It’s a position bestowed on him. Poor guy, he just want to get the country on the right track.

@sree I highly recommend you listen to the podcast I posted concerning Cult-45 on the previous page.

He didn’t ask for it.
Resigning from the Presidency is perfectly Constitutional and requires no other votes and can't be overridden. I didn't think he'd accept that he won in the first place. I'm not real good at predicting things like that.
@sree Poor guy, trump just want to get the country on the right track.
Sree what planet does your mind inhabit?

Your hero, Mr. Nobody Likes Me, is a pathetic idiot without a clue that has done unspeakable damage this country and beyond. And now all he’s capable of is feeling sorry for himself. But you’re still devoted to him. No wonder you get so much joy in belittling others, you’re probably as empty as he is. I say that because of your obvious thoughtless devotion to him

‘Nobody likes me,’ Trump complains, as even his allies fade
By Kevin Liptak, CNN, August 1, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/politics/donald-trump-allies-election/index.html

(CNN)Lamenting his plunging popularity this week, a self-pitying President Donald Trumpwondered how it all went wrong.
“Nobody likes me,” he said, confounded at how his administration’s health experts could be receiving accolades while he is accused of ignoring and denying the raging public health crisis. …

By Friday, the President’s blunt assessment of his own popularity seemed to have manifested in a litany of other ways:

• Even his staunchest Republican allies flatly rejected his suggestion that November’s voting be delayed, some actually laughing at what, by most accounts, was a serious (if toothless) proposal from the President to undermine the election.

• The nation’s civic leadership, including three of Trump’s four living predecessors, gathered without him in Atlanta to honor the late Rep. John Lewis, making the sitting president’s absence conspicuous if unsurprising.

• Stimulus talks on Capitol Hill have proceeded almost entirely without his participation, and have been notable mainly for the disarray they have exposed among Republicans, many of whom were unpleasantly surprised to learn the President’s demand for a new FBI building was included in the final proposal.

• In a closed door hearing on Friday, intelligence officials working in Trump’s own administration discounted the possibility of foreign countries mass-producing fake ballots to interfere in the November elections – a claim Trump seemed to be making simultaneously from the Cabinet Room.

• And the concerted push by Trump to delegitimize mail-in ballots is raising alarm bells among Republican operatives, who are worried the President’s demand for in-person voting will mainly serve to dampen turnout among his own supporters.

• Trump’s attempts to regain standing have only exacerbated the divorce and led to worries he is weighing down his party’s ability to move forward. Long dismissive of the Washington establishment, Trump has shown little concern at how his moves are forcing allies into awkward positions or alienating himself from longstanding norms.

• Far from a mere difference of “personality,” the examples of “nobody liking” Trump this week suggested a President actively isolating himself in his own bubble of conspiracy theories and questionable science, with fewer and fewer people willing to step inside to join him

I do think that it is time for the t rump to seriously consider retiring very soon, while he can still work out a deal to cut his losses, and the losses of the RepugLIAR Party.

He can still get out of this and be a very rich free man, living out his years scamming to his heart’s content for more wealth and adoration.

Or he can risk a devastating loss, followed by the prospect of finally having to face justice for his crimes and for the damage he has caused.

Resigning from the Presidency is perfectly Constitutional and requires no other votes and can’t be overridden.
I said that Trump didn't ask for it. Neither did Jesus. Destiny, like stardom, is not a matter of choice. Resignation is not an option. Fate is not a job at Walmart that you can walk away from. (I wonder how she's doing at her new job.)
Or he can risk a devastating loss, followed by the prospect of finally having to face justice for his crimes and for the damage he has caused.
You are obviously not a man of destiny. There is no bailing out when you are walking the path that fate dictates. Trump is the soul of the nation. He is an American folk hero, a living legend.
(t rump) is the soul of the nation. He is an American folk hero, a living legend.
If there were such a thing as "souls", you would not want the one connected to the t rump.

The t rump may be a folk hero and living legend to his cult members, but to the rest of the world who can see straight, he is a pathetic disordered character.

There is only sense that I can salvage from what Sree is saying. The rise of populism is historically predictable. It started after Nixon.