Aliens

Dang, I was right again. I need to start publishing my theories.
A few years ago, when I was just getting in to YouTube and randomly surfing it, I noticed that I kept ending up watching ones about aliens. I would start looking for video from the Mars landing, but the suggested videos always contained alien abductions or doctored videos. Even if I started out with news or the history of geology, the suggestions would eventually get to the aliens.
After a while I dismissed it as my personal preferences and quit doing so much random surfing. Tonight on NBC News, a former employee said that’s exactly what they meant to do. Alien videos get selected more and get longer views. So they included that in their algorithms. A statement from YouTube claims they have changed their practices since then, so don’t try this at home.

Just another example of the disease of capitalism. Companies will do whatever they can to make a profit. And this incidently is why I think privatization is bad. Companies will lie steal cheat whatever it takes to make a buck, all in the name of the American Way.

We of course sensationalist topics get more views. That is the point. The truth means nothing as long as you get paid :slight_smile:

Just another example of the disease of capitalism. Companies will do whatever they can to make a profit. And this incidently is why I think privatization is bad. Companies will lie steal cheat whatever it takes to make a buck, all in the name of the American Way.
Capitalism is not a disease. It is being abused so the wealth is being aggregated into a a few hands. It is logical that some sectors are better is they are privatized, while others should be public goods; especially is they are needed for a functioning society and can't make much profit in of themselves. The greatest weakness of capitalism is that it is dependent on the model of infinite growth, which is not reasonable. A hybrid system of social-capitalism would be best in my estimation.
Capitalism is not a disease. It is being abused so the wealth is being aggregated into a a few hands. It is logical that some sectors are better is they are privatized, while others should be public goods; especially is they are needed for a functioning society and can't make much profit in of themselves. The greatest weakness of capitalism is that it is dependent on the model of infinite growth, which is not reasonable. A hybrid system of social-capitalism would be best in my estimation.Which sectors are better privatized? (And I'm not talking about small businesses, though even those can become large ones, large corps, and catch the disease.)
Capitalism is not a disease. It is being abused so the wealth is being aggregated into a a few hands. It is logical that some sectors are better is they are privatized, while others should be public goods; especially is they are needed for a functioning society and can't make much profit in of themselves. The greatest weakness of capitalism is that it is dependent on the model of infinite growth, which is not reasonable. A hybrid system of social-capitalism would be best in my estimation.Which sectors are better privatized? (And I'm not talking about small businesses, though even those can become large ones, large corps, and catch the disease.) Way above my pay grade, but I read a book a long time ago. It's solution was, start taxing higher incomes at 99%, let's say a million a year or so. This could be implemented immediately and we would have to accept that those with wealth now would get to keep it. The taxes would go into a public investment fund that would democratize capital. The stock market would be closed. Other freedoms would stay in place, you could still save your income and invest it in a new idea if you wanted. That's all I remember.
The greatest weakness of capitalism is that it is dependent on the model of infinite growth, which is not reasonable.
:wow: :grrr: :ahhh: What you some kind of leftie science fool. :coolgrin: As that great leftie icon Bay Area Congressman (1970s) Willie Lewis Brown Jr.] - made clear so long ago: "I want my Ferrari too." Yea, that was this young lad's first hint that our future was in big trouble.