AI Self-Awareness: Are We On The Path To Our Doom?

[quote=“mattituckmatt, post:110, topic:7871”] Continuing to figure out if I want to dive back into being a 3D artist or do something else with my life.

Maybe I need to find a way to do 3D art in academia or engineering. It’s the marketing stuff that’s killingme and I tried politics/non-profit stuff and if you do that as a paid job you find is full of narcissistic, power hungry people. Also, if you’re competent they assume leadership qualities and hoist responsibilities on you even when you’re like, “no really, not a leader.”

I’m sick of selling booze, sneakers, pharmaceuticals and occasionally big tobacco just because I gotta pay a mortgage but alas those are just the sectors I landed in.

There may be a way to combine the best of choices in the new marketplace of various strains of the Cannabis plant.

The industrial Hemp variety has great commercial potential of some estimated 1500 industrial uses, and of course the psychoactive Marijuana variety has tremendous potential in unlocking artistic abilities as well as for medical purposes.

The origins of the myths

Before the 1930, there was no stigma associated with marajuana and hemp. The plant was used for many purposes: as paper, clothing, a recreational drug. Following what some have called a ‘smear campaign’ and new tougher laws on cannabis – such as the 1937 Marajuana Tax in the US – all cannabis plants became illegal.

In some countries, hemp has only recently been made legal. This is partly why the industry is still emerging and there still exist many challenges and barriers to hemp farmers across the world.

Luckily, things are beginning to change. Although in the UK, for example, hemp is still classified under the ‘controlled substance’ drugs act.

https://www.naturesdata.co.uk/what-is-the-difference-between-hemp-and-weed/

Of course, if you are interested in AI, you may want to check out the new GPT3 AI which is showing signs of evolving sentience.