Admiral

Could Richard Dawkins and Free Inquiry both have been had? I find the article by Lisa Bauer totally incredible and think I discern some of the ear marks of hoax.
Dave(The Admiral)Nelson

What are you talking about?
You’ve got to give some background info, here.

Sorry, I guess I made a bad assumption.
I was referring to the book published by Free Inquiry “The Harm Done By Religion”. Specifically the article introduced by Richard Dawkins and written by Lisa Bauer.
There is no disclaimer indicating that that is not her real name but I cant find her on Wikapedia.
Dave Nelson

Googled it. Still don’t get the question.

Googled it. Still don't get the question.
What did you google and what did you find? Dave Nelson

I googled and found a Center for Inquiry sponsored book “The Harm Done by Religion, Vol. 3” that contained a short description of one of its stories:
“Lisa Bauer offers a searing first-person account of the sexual, psychological, and intellectual abuse she suffered as an American convert to Islam.”
Is this the article, you are referring to, Admiral?
If so, perhaps you could quote a line or two, that lead you to suspect that it is not credible, or possibly a hoax.

https://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php/store_example/product/the-harm-done-by-religion-the-best-of-free-inquiry-vol.-3
Right. That is the webpage that I found. My curiosity is now piqued about what Lisa Bauer said, but I don't want to buy the book.
https://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php/store_example/product/the-harm-done-by-religion-the-best-of-free-inquiry-vol.-3
Right. That is the webpage that I found. My curiosity is now piqued about what Lisa Bauer said, but I don't want to buy the book. It might be available at a library. Lois
Googled it. Still don't get the question.
What did you google and what did you find? Dave Nelson that was a long time ago. I'm sure I spent a few minutes on it, but why should I try to figure out what you're talking about?]

“that was a long time ago. I’m sure I spent a few minutes on it, but why should I try to figure out what you’re talking about?”
No reason whatsoever.
Dave Nelson

"that was a long time ago. I’m sure I spent a few minutes on it, but why should I try to figure out what you’re talking about?" No reason whatsoever. Dave Nelson
I don't think you understand the concept of a forum.

Perhaps not
Dave Nelson

Well, one thing you have going for you is that your posts seem to be, consistently, concise.

Quite.

And you are polite.

And you are polite.
"Cryptic" comes to my mind.
And you are polite.
"Cryptic" comes to my mind. That, too. But who doesn't love a good mystery?

Right. That is the webpage that I found. My curiosity is now piqued about what Lisa Bauer said, but I don’t want to buy the book.
If you will provide me with your mailing address I will send you a check for $15.00 which should cover the price of the book plus shipping.
David L. Nelson
3900 N. Main st. apt 324
Racine, Wi. 53402

TimB: Right. That is the webpage that I found. My curiosity is now piqued about what Lisa Bauer said, but I don’t want to buy the book. Admiral: If you will provide me with your mailing address I will send you a check for $15.00 which should cover the price of the book plus shipping. David L. Nelson 3900 N. Main st. apt 324 Racine, Wi. 53402
Thank you, David. You are a kind and open person to make such an offer. However I decline, as I prefer to maintain my relative anonymity.