Censorship is alive and well!

Greetings everyone,
As I posted on the thread “My Atheistic Journey", I have written a book called “First Adam“. Its intent is to give an alternative origin to the Biblical story of Adam and Eve; an origin which proposes that the first human couple could have emerged though Natural Selection and that would present the Creation myth of the Old Testament in an entirely different light.
Naturally I could find neither an agent, nor a publisher to take it on. As I was left only with the option of self-publishing I published it on Amazon’s Kindle. If anyone is interested, please look it up.
Since it has not been doing very well these past few days, I decided to spend some money and advertise it through Amazon’s own web pages and its E-readers.
Here’s where it gets interesting.
Even though they approved my ad for their web pages, it was rejected for the E-readers, and I quote (by pasting):
“Unfortunately, your ad campaign has not been approved to run on Kindle E-readers for the following reason: Your book addresses Christianity.”
What?
Yes, granted my book is anti-religious. But it treats all religions equally. My principle argument (for those willing to understand it) is that all religions are equally harmful for humankind. In fact, if you search the book for the word “Christian" it only comes up twice, and in the Epilogue no less.
Just so you are aware of all the facts, this is the text that was supposed to accompany the E-readers’ ad:
“Two hundred thousand years before today, the very first modern man, Omo, is on a mission to find his real parents.
After being ridiculed all his life—for looking very different from everyone else—and following a series of tragic events, Omo decides to abandon his Clan. However, his northern Ethiopian trek is beset with hardships, not least of which is his near starvation. But he overcomes them all with ingenuity and with a little assistance from Ava, the love of his life.
The couple now continues the journey together and Omo is finally able to find his father. Enolo lives near a lush paradise, called the Garden, but he is not who Omo expected him to be. On the contrary, Enolo holds dark and terrible secrets.
Through also a variety of myths, stories, and dreams, Omo’s tale shows us how much it has influenced the Jewish, Greek, and Babylonian cultures that were to appear millennia later. At the same time, it also illustrates how his personal growth would eventually give us the basic tenets of what constitute humanity today."
I am simply stumped as to what they found offensive and would be glad for your input.
Bye for now,
Andreas

Greetings everyone, As I posted on the thread “My Atheistic Journey", I have written a book called “First Adam". Its intent is to give an alternative origin to the Biblical story of Adam and Eve; an origin which proposes that the first human couple could have emerged though Natural Selection and that would present the Creation myth of the Old Testament in an entirely different light. Naturally I could find neither an agent, nor a publisher to take it on. As I was left only with the option of self-publishing I published it on Amazon’s Kindle. If anyone is interested, please look it up. Since it has not been doing very well these past few days, I decided to spend some money and advertise it through Amazon’s own web pages and its E-readers. Here’s where it gets interesting. Even though they approved my ad for their web pages, it was rejected for the E-readers, and I quote (by pasting): “Unfortunately, your ad campaign has not been approved to run on Kindle E-readers for the following reason: Your book addresses Christianity." What? Yes, granted my book is anti-religious. But it treats all religions equally. My principle argument (for those willing to understand it) is that all religions are equally harmful for humankind. In fact, if you search the book for the word “Christian" it only comes up twice, and in the Epilogue no less. Just so you are aware of all the facts, this is the text that was supposed to accompany the E-readers’ ad: “Two hundred thousand years before today, the very first modern man, Omo, is on a mission to find his real parents. After being ridiculed all his life—for looking very different from everyone else—and following a series of tragic events, Omo decides to abandon his Clan. However, his northern Ethiopian trek is beset with hardships, not least of which is his near starvation. But he overcomes them all with ingenuity and with a little assistance from Ava, the love of his life. The couple now continues the journey together and Omo is finally able to find his father. Enolo lives near a lush paradise, called the Garden, but he is not who Omo expected him to be. On the contrary, Enolo holds dark and terrible secrets. Through also a variety of myths, stories, and dreams, Omo’s tale shows us how much it has influenced the Jewish, Greek, and Babylonian cultures that were to appear millennia later. At the same time, it also illustrates how his personal growth would eventually give us the basic tenets of what constitute humanity today." I am simply stumped as to what they found offensive and would be glad for your input. Bye for now, Andreas
I would enquire with Amazon/Kindle publisher.
Greetings everyone, As I posted on the thread “My Atheistic Journey", I have written a book called “First Adam". Its intent is to give an alternative origin to the Biblical story of Adam and Eve; an origin which proposes that the first human couple could have emerged though Natural Selection and that would present the Creation myth of the Old Testament in an entirely different light. Naturally I could find neither an agent, nor a publisher to take it on. As I was left only with the option of self-publishing I published it on Amazon’s Kindle. If anyone is interested, please look it up. Since it has not been doing very well these past few days, I decided to spend some money and advertise it through Amazon’s own web pages and its E-readers. Here’s where it gets interesting. Even though they approved my ad for their web pages, it was rejected for the E-readers, and I quote (by pasting): “Unfortunately, your ad campaign has not been approved to run on Kindle E-readers for the following reason: Your book addresses Christianity." What? Yes, granted my book is anti-religious. But it treats all religions equally. My principle argument (for those willing to understand it) is that all religions are equally harmful for humankind. In fact, if you search the book for the word “Christian" it only comes up twice, and in the Epilogue no less. Just so you are aware of all the facts, this is the text that was supposed to accompany the E-readers’ ad: “Two hundred thousand years before today, the very first modern man, Omo, is on a mission to find his real parents. After being ridiculed all his life—for looking very different from everyone else—and following a series of tragic events, Omo decides to abandon his Clan. However, his northern Ethiopian trek is beset with hardships, not least of which is his near starvation. But he overcomes them all with ingenuity and with a little assistance from Ava, the love of his life. The couple now continues the journey together and Omo is finally able to find his father. Enolo lives near a lush paradise, called the Garden, but he is not who Omo expected him to be. On the contrary, Enolo holds dark and terrible secrets. Through also a variety of myths, stories, and dreams, Omo’s tale shows us how much it has influenced the Jewish, Greek, and Babylonian cultures that were to appear millennia later. At the same time, it also illustrates how his personal growth would eventually give us the basic tenets of what constitute humanity today." I am simply stumped as to what they found offensive and would be glad for your input. Bye for now, Andreas
That is outrageous. I never heard of this. Lois
Take a look here on a Kindle search for "Christian". This seems strange, considering the response you got. I wonder if the response you received was an error. Any further information from Kindle or Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node=154606011&field;-keywords=Christian Lois