Allow me to introduce myself. I want to share a discovering with everyone.

Hello, guys.
I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself.
I’m a religious researcher.
I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir, and since I know that due to my proposal I will be attacked by fundamentalist zealots and blind believers, I’m working on building contacts with open minded people who could support me in this enterprise.
I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. The reason why I’m here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas.
I’ll later start a discussion about my book. I’m trying to get it published.
Keep in touch if you feel interested. I have plans to give away the book for free in places like this forum.
Thank you!
PS: I’ve read the RULES and I know about the advertising restrictions. I DID NOT COME HERE TO ADVERTISE NOR TO SELL ANYTHING!

Hello, guys. I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself. I'm a religious researcher. I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir, and since I know that due to my proposal I will be attacked by fundamentalist zealots and blind believers, I'm working on building contacts with open minded people who could support me in this enterprise. I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. The reason why I’m here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas. I'll later start a discussion about my book. I'm trying to get it published. Keep in touch if you feel interested. I have plans to give away the book for free in places like this forum. Thank you! PS: I've read the RULES and I know about the advertising restrictions. I DID NOT COME HERE TO ADVERTISE NOR TO SELL ANYTHING!
I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. Them you believe in god? I'm not sure how the "exactly" fits in there. Either you believe there's a god or you don't. If you're trying to day you don't KNOW whether there is a god or not--nobody does. But that doesn't make you an atheist. But welcome to the forum. Lois
Hello, guys. I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself. I'm a religious researcher. I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir, and since I know that due to my proposal I will be attacked by fundamentalist zealots and blind believers, I'm working on building contacts with open minded people who could support me in this enterprise. I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. The reason why I’m here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas. I'll later start a discussion about my book. I'm trying to get it published. Keep in touch if you feel interested. I have plans to give away the book for free in places like this forum. Thank you! PS: I've read the RULES and I know about the advertising restrictions. I DID NOT COME HERE TO ADVERTISE NOR TO SELL ANYTHING!
I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. Them you believe in god? I'm not sure how the "exactly" fits in there. Either you believe there's a god or you don't. If you're trying to day you don't KNOW whether there is a god or not--nobody does. But that doesn't make you an atheist. But welcome to the forum. Lois Hi Louis. Thank you for your welcome. A fair question from you. For Buddhists, the belief in god is senseless, that does not mean they deny its existence; they just say it is senseless. In order to NOT BELIEVE in God, atheists must conceptualize one. You think about something and say "I don`t believe this." But first, you think about it, only then you decide either it exist or not. The even concept of BELIEF is relative, as well as the NON-BELIEF one. So, looking from one point of view, I may be called an Atheist, while from others, maybe I could be called a believer. Anyway, this is just my introduction letter, let's discuss this matter in a better place later. Thanks!

Your threads might get interesting. I’ll remain skeptical because we’ve had a lot of Christians come through and exit quickly when the members started pointing out flaws in arguments. But you come across as open minded so I’ll give your posts a fair read. I hope you start some interesting conversations.

Your threads might get interesting. I'll remain skeptical because we've had a lot of Christians come through and exit quickly when the members started pointing out flaws in arguments. But you come across as open minded so I'll give your posts a fair read. I hope you start some interesting conversations.
Thank you Darron! My purspose is not to convert anyone into a believer. I actually don`t mind about unbelief, and I think atheists are a "necessary thing" in this World. Actually, I'm quite sure that if there is a Heaven, many atheists will enter it before some "believers" that I know.
Actually, I'm quite sure that if there is a Heaven, many atheists will enter it before some "believers" that I know.
I have some Christian friends who believe the same. I'll do my best to stay civil. Pardon me if I backslide once in a while. ;-)

Hey Gabe. Be sure to read around a little. Just a few regular posters, quite a few who come and go. You should be able to get the idea.

{GabrielGnosi writes} A fair question. For Buddhists, the belief in god is senseless, that does not mean they deny its existence; they just say it is senseless. In order to NOT BELIEVE in God, atheists must conceptualize one. You think about something and say "I don`t believe this." But first, you think about it, only then you decide either it exist or not. Even concept of BELIEF is relative, as well as the NON-BELIEF one.
I like it. I can definitely relate. Allowing oneself to get immersed in the universe during a star filled night, or wonder at the detailed changes during evolutionary periods of rapid speciation - it takes ones beyond the notion of GOD. God isn't even part of the picture anymore. When one feels a visceral connection to deep time and the flow of the universe, and the depth of the stars and the wonders of time and evolution here on this planet, something else takes over that makes the notion of GOD totally irrelevant. That good ol "Is-ness" and "One-ness" isn't just a cliché - the need for God or no God goes away. The universe is intelligent beyond our imagining, it's when we allow the wonderment to take over our awareness, god become irrelevant. Let that soak in and I think GG makes a heck of a lot of sense.
{GabrielGnosi writes} So, looking from one point of view, I may be called an Atheist, while from others, maybe I could be called a believer. Anyway, this is just my introduction letter, let's discuss this matter in a better place later. Thanks!
Welcome Gabe. It's nice to think you are into discussing your ideas, more than crass peddling. I for one am looking forward to reading and thinking about what you got. :cheese:
{GabrielGnosi writes} A fair question. For Buddhists, the belief in god is senseless, that does not mean they deny its existence; they just say it is senseless. In order to NOT BELIEVE in God, atheists must conceptualize one. You think about something and say "I don`t believe this." But first, you think about it, only then you decide either it exist or not. Even concept of BELIEF is relative, as well as the NON-BELIEF one.
I like it. I can definitely relate. Allowing oneself to get immersed in the universe during a star filled night, or wonder at the detailed changes during evolutionary periods of rapid speciation - it takes ones beyond the notion of GOD. God isn't even part of the picture anymore. When one feels a visceral connection to deep time and the flow of the universe, and the depth of the stars and the wonders of time and evolution here on this planet, something else takes over that makes the notion of GOD totally irrelevant. That good ol "Is-ness" and "One-ness" isn't just a cliché - the need for God or no God goes away. The universe is intelligent beyond our imagining, it's when we allow the wonderment to take over our awareness, god become irrelevant. Let that soak in and I think GG makes a heck of a lot of sense.
{GabrielGnosi writes} So, looking from one point of view, I may be called an Atheist, while from others, maybe I could be called a believer. Anyway, this is just my introduction letter, let's discuss this matter in a better place later. Thanks!
Welcome Gabe. It's nice to think you are into discussing your ideas, more than crass peddling. I for one am looking forward to reading and thinking about what you got. :cheese:
That`s the spirit, friend! Thank you!

Welcome. What you do or don’t believe is no issue with me. I welcome anyone who can carry on a civil conversation, but then again, I do belong to a Unitarian Fellowship so in a way, that sums me up.

I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. Them you believe in god? I'm not sure how the "exactly" fits in there. Either you believe there's a god or you don't. If you're trying to day you don't KNOW whether there is a god or not--nobody does. But that doesn't make you an atheist. But welcome to the forum. Lois Hi Louis. Thank you for your welcome. A fair question from you. For Buddhists, the belief in god is senseless, that does not mean they deny its existence; they just say it is senseless. In order to NOT BELIEVE in God, atheists must conceptualize one. You think about something and say "I don`t believe this." But first, you think about it, only then you decide either it exist or not. The even concept of BELIEF is relative, as well as the NON-BELIEF one. So, looking from one point of view, I may be called an Atheist, while from others, maybe I could be called a believer. Anyway, this is just my introduction letter, let's discuss this matter in a better place later. Thanks! We don't have to conceptualize a god to not beliieve in god. All we have to do is reject other people's conceptualizations or claims. Nobody has ever described a god I can believe exists. Every description I've heard makes no sense to me. . But I still don't say there's no god. I can't possibly know that. I'm an atheist. i don't believe a god exists. That's a far cry from saying I know there is no god. I know no such thing.
We don't have to conceptualize a god to not beliieve in god. All we have to do,is reject other people's conceptualizations or claims.
Yes. Either you conceptualize or you analyze someone's else concept. Still, it is all about concepts.
Yes. Either you conceptualize or you analyze someone's else concept. Still, it is all about concepts.
There is a famous line in a play called "The Great Sebastion". Sebastion is a magician who has been hired to smuggle someone out of Nazi Germany. During the play he explains the secret of how to turn lead into Gold: "all one has to do is stir the molten lead while not thinking of the word Rhinocerous" As he points out, now that he explained how to do it, it can't be done. The fallacy of course is you can't turn lead into gold by stirring it under any circumstances. I won't speak for anyone else, but there are no supernatural beings except in fiction. They don't exist in reality, BY ANY NAME. The use of the word "believe" with or without a negating pronoun is your schtick. There is nothing to non-believe.
We don't have to conceptualize a god to not beliieve in god. All we have to do,is reject other people's conceptualizations or claims.
Yes. Either you conceptualize or you analyze someone's else concept. Still, it is all about concepts.That would make an interest topic itself. I agree that when presented with a concept, if I take the concept seriously, I "try it on" so to speak, see if it fits. So for a moment I have to try to believe in God. (In my case, I was raised on the idea of God anyway.) But at the same time, I can see Lois' point too. This isn't necessarily the way all people weigh concepts. Anyway, welcome, Gabriel. I'm sure you'll find some interesting topics here to talk about.
Yes. Either you conceptualize or you analyze someone's else concept. Still, it is all about concepts.That would make an interest topic itself. I agree that when presented with a concept, if I take the concept seriously, I "try it on" so to speak, see if it fits. So for a moment I have to try to believe in God. (In my case, I was raised on the idea of God anyway.) But at the same time, I can see Lois' point too. This isn't necessarily the way all people weigh concepts. Anyway, welcome, Gabriel. I'm sure you'll find some interesting topics here to talk about. Thank you, friend. Looking foward to discuss with you later.
We don't have to conceptualize a god to not believe in god.
It's the definitions that make it all so difficult and unresolvable . God is difficult enough. Is God 'provenance' the higher something behind the universe? Or is God the personal being in the sky that watches over us? If Atheist clearly meant rejecting an All-knowing Personal God. I'd be all about labeling myself an atheist. But considering the universe and some organizing principle, some something beyond human comprehension, that "god" I'm totally okay with. It's the distinction between a God and a petty Lord. Ironically, as much as I reject the notion of god as Lord - I echo "the good lording willing" almost every time I make a plan, simply because life is so unpredictable - not because I don't know what the "Lord" holds in store for me.

I just realized I didn’t really absorb your opening post the first time. I know a few open minded Christians, so I’m looking forward to what you have to offer and might be able to get you some feedback.
This is my latest project.]

I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. Them you believe in god? I'm not sure how the "exactly" fits in there. Either you believe there's a god or you don't. If you're trying to day you don't KNOW whether there is a god or not--nobody does. But that doesn't make you an atheist. But welcome to the forum. Lois Hi Louis. Thank you for your welcome. A fair question from you. For Buddhists, the belief in god is senseless, that does not mean they deny its existence; they just say it is senseless. In order to NOT BELIEVE in God, atheists must conceptualize one. You think about something and say "I don`t believe this." But first, you think about it, only then you decide either it exist or not. The even concept of BELIEF is relative, as well as the NON-BELIEF one.if in god So, looking from one point of view, I may be called an Atheist, while from others, maybe I could be called a believer. Anyway, this is just my introduction letter, let's discuss this matter in a better place later. Thanks! The point is not what other people think of your stance on whether a god exists, it's what YOUR stance is from your own point of view. Only you can say whether you believe a god exists or not. If you're on the fence, say so, but that also means you have no firm belief in god. Agnostocs are atheists. Being open to the possibility of a god does not make you a theist. As for comceptualizing a god, we don't have to do that, since other people have done it for us since the dawn of man. Atheists reject all concepualizations of god(s). We don't believe any of them exist. I have no idea which of the thousands of gods you focus on when you say you are not "exactly" an atheist, but you most likely reject all conceptualizations of god except for the one you were raised to believe in. In other words, you are an atheist already when it comes to conceptualizations of gods not your own.

Welcome,
Can you describe your concept of God? If not, it seems kind of moot to discuss the existence of something which is unknown and unknowable.
If each person has the freedom to interpret (experience) his/her own God, then there would be a couple of billion gods, which makes it doubtful that consensus on a common denominator can ever be arrived at. So far, this scenario has played for several milennia now, and continuing…
OTOH, it has been proposed that a purely mathematical universe which functions quasi-intelligent (pseudo-sentient) and in accordance with mathematical imperatives (motive), would be equal in potential creativeness as any other invisible external causality.

I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. Them you believe in god? I'm not sure how the "exactly" fits in there. Either you believe there's a god or you don't. If you're trying to day you don't KNOW whether there is a god or not--nobody does. But that doesn't make you an atheist. But welcome to the forum. Lois Hi Louis. Thank you for your welcome. A fair question from you. For Buddhists, the belief in god is senseless, that does not mean they deny its existence; they just say it is senseless. In order to NOT BELIEVE in God, atheists must conceptualize one. You think about something and say "I don`t believe this." But first, you think about it, only then you decide either it exist or not. The even concept of BELIEF is relative, as well as the NON-BELIEF one. So, looking from one point of view, I may be called an Atheist, while from others, maybe I could be called a believer. Anyway, this is just my introduction letter, let's discuss this matter in a better place later. Thanks! Buddha came to the conclusion that a balanced life is well lived. Which is a concept of personal behavior. But an atheist does not need to form a concept of a sentient god, before he/she can reject the concept. The question itself is duplicitous in nature. The burden of presenting a concept of an immaterial sentient creative being falls on you. I reject the concept of God for that very reason, there is no known universal law that would allow for such an existence. By your words, the question in that context is meaningless. I don't need to prove the non-existence of something which by definition cannot exist in accordance with known properties of the universe. Watch this little clip, it may contain some valuable information in your quest for understanding. https://www.ted.com/talks/robert_sapolsky_the_biology_of_our_best_and_worst_selves