A Thitd Sex?

My daughter and the other half of the family just returned from French Polynesia with some cultural information that may be of interest to this forum. It is described as Tahiti’s transexual rae-rae. I’ve never heard of this but I am concerned about how women are not only treated in other cultures but used in a way not considered equal.
There are a lot of cross-dressers and transvestites living on the islands. These are mostly men who are dressed in tight-fitting floral-print dresses that accentuates their broad shoulders and false or implanted breasts.
These segments of culture take on the roles of servants. One person was considered a “petea" an individual who lives as a man during the day and a rae-rae at night. These men are not necessarily gay but many go through the reassignment surgery making them women. The sexual naming of these men mix up everything. What is interesting to me is they fill in a special function in society.
These men become a third sex in the islands. They function as high-level servants gracefully as women. This brought on a discussion of having younger women taking care of the elder women and men in the family. Women naturally tend to the elders in their own family members as well as members of other family units.
Almost immediately I can understand women taking the responsibility for many elderly people in their groups. In the islands there are not nearly enough women to do this kind of gentle care. The men dress the part of women and fill the need.
In a few cases it had been discovered that many of these men were called in and treated as slaves to the system.
That got my attention as men/women must never be treated as slaves under any condition. In America we saw the concept of prohibiting abortions when a young woman had been raped and chose not to raise the rapist’s child. This is still a sensitive situation in America. Anyone have anything to add to this subject?

Are these men eunuchs?
Throughout history, a lot of empires have employed people like this.

The men can be eunuchs. I’m not certain it is their choice. Apparently there are not enough female babies born to take care of the elderly citizens. It can be a form of slavery. When my daughter was talking about this subject, we all had many questions. She knew I would be interested as I have spent many years working on equal rights for all people.
When it comes down to putting a label on anyone, it often means a minority is in the making. Allowing individual choices are still not fully accepted when it comes to humans. This may be an American problem. Sitting around talking politics or culture with other Americans of comes down to labelling rather than individual choices. Is television labeling us?

The men can be eunuchs. I'm not certain it is their choice. Apparently there are not enough female babies born to take care of the elderly citizens. It can be a form of slavery. When my daughter was talking about this subject, we all had many questions. She knew I would be interested as I have spent many years working on equal rights for all people. When it comes down to putting a label on anyone, it often means a minority is in the making. Allowing individual choices are still not fully accepted when it comes to humans. This may be an American problem. Sitting around talking politics or culture with other Americans of comes down to labelling rather than individual choices. Is television labeling us?
If there were more female babies born to take care of the elderly, would they be any less enslaved than the the men that are doing it now?

Yes, that seems to be the assumption from my daughter’s description of the situation. It is a typical situation when all members of society are labelled as to their value. She brought this up knowing how upset I am with the labelling in general. For years, male nurses were questioned as to their value when it was the women who made the best nurses, here in America.

Where there is a need, people will rise to the occasion with what resources are available. Is that slavery?
Yes, we are enslaved to the system, to circumstances, to culture. And even an awareness of it doesn’t help. You may change the system, change the rules, but then you will only be a slave to the new rules, to the new system. Even if you were to rebel against it, the action would be a result of it. There is no escape. Some will feel better trying at least, but thats only because they fail to realize it made them do it. Also, I can’t help but to note that “individual choices” is redundant.

Yes, yes, yes! In America we had a Bill of Rights that did not reflect the immigrants who chose to live in the new world. What arrived were humans who had come from nations based on laws written without any choices. Every government had their humans living under laws that came from the New and Old Testaments. Some of us had our own home-made laws such as the new religions that grew locally.
I think the information from two world wars introduced many of us to learning a better system of cultures and laws. At the end of WW2, women had no choices. Women raised the children under the direction of their men. I remember the end of WW2 and many of our troops came home very different from the men they were. The major problem was that these men took lovers; some were women and some men. It was the rules of their churches that destroyed their marriages. I have already gotten into a bit of trouble here when I express my own cultural choices so forgive me my lack of proper words.
I will try to clarify my words that may have offended several here. In America the American people seem to want the federal laws to be done for all Americans to follow. It would be impossible for our Congress to keep up with the many laws that we would have to agree to. Trying to keep ahead of the social laws would make all of us know and understand what these laws mean and how would we ever figure out which ones to keep and/or break?
For example; . We had several major attacks on our American soil that set off what we knew as World War 2. Over the years that followed this war, we had a strong strain with our young married couples who saw their men being sent away to battle stations in places that many had no knowledge of where they were. In many cases, their women saw them only when they were wounded and sent to Military hospitals. Many of my age groups would visit these hospitals and write letters home to the women of these brave young men. Millions of men in several other wars were found helping in these hospitals and some of us even assisted with the physical therapy when needed. Seeing the men who were in our care often caused great sympathy and even affection of love would often be used to help these young men heal. The truth is that few women took their actions of affections as anything other than a show of affection we felt for the bravery of these men.
When the war was over our men came home and their lives continued trying to put the wars away and their lives again being picked up where they had been before. I understood this even when I was too young to have ever been involved. What stayed with me was the experience of seeing couples being separated and then reunited again.
In my own experience and being married to a man who went through strong stress with his work. He had no interest in sharing his work with me and I was to be quiet in the home and serve him his meals without a child to be around. There was no family life. It was “sex on demand" and that was an arrangement I could live with. I understood that he had his own arrangement with his secretary and that was okay until she got pregnant. I lived with the arrangement wondering how long this would last. She had other arrangements. She made it clear that she wanted the whole illusion of our wealthy home including my friends from the studio. I wanted a father for my kids and when that disappeared, so did I. So how would this work out? It didn’t. But back to the discussion of living in a perfect world in the future. Obviously the way this is done at this time in America is not working.
Each state would write their own social laws and be outside the jurisdiction of power of the federal laws. These social laws can follow the bible, Koran, or any religious laws. Some states may choose to have no social laws at all. When a migrant moves to America they have a choice of many places to live. Many South American countries are open to many different tribes of many colors as well as languages.
How can we uphold our own laws when we may have to change our latest laws to fit our latest immigrants? The best way would be to fully understand right from wrong as a starting point. Why not allow the individual states to set the laws as state laws? This was the way North America started out and it managed very well. We all would have laws that we agreed upon. Federal laws would be a special selection of laws that covered our individual rights.
Allow North America to live as 50 separate states. There are many ways to divide up the universities and work out transfers to be possible when it comes to keeping the academics as good as possible. The border states who have the most efficient labor forces can work out their own pay scale.
Our states are already divided up by teams for competitive sports and college classes. Why can’t we take the best plans and improve on them so that a 4-year college can come up with a strong work force that comes up with entrepreneurial results?
What I never want to see again is a group of Primary candidates who barter for what to do when a woman is raped and produces a fetus. This stopped the entire election based on whether rape means life. My questioning this mess made for a very uncomfortable week on this forum for me. The question of this individual disaster rests with the women every time.

The men can be eunuchs. I'm not certain it is their choice. Apparently there are not enough female babies born to take care of the elderly citizens. It can be a form of slavery. When my daughter was talking about this subject, we all had many questions. She knew I would be interested as I have spent many years working on equal rights for all people. When it comes down to putting a label on anyone, it often means a minority is in the making. Allowing individual choices are still not fully accepted when it comes to humans. This may be an American problem. Sitting around talking politics or culture with other Americans of comes down to labelling rather than individual choices. Is television labeling us?
If there were more female babies born to take care of the elderly, would they be any less enslaved than the the men that are doing it now?Very good point.
My daughter and the other half of the family just returned from French Polynesia with some cultural information that may be of interest to this forum. It is described as Tahiti’s transexual rae-rae. I’ve never heard of this but I am concerned about how women are not only treated in other cultures but used in a way not considered equal. There are a lot of cross-dressers and transvestites living on the islands. These are mostly men who are dressed in tight-fitting floral-print dresses that accentuates their broad shoulders and false or implanted breasts. These segments of culture take on the roles of servants. One person was considered a “petea" an individual who lives as a man during the day and a rae-rae at night. These men are not necessarily gay but many go through the reassignment surgery making them women. The sexual naming of these men mix up everything. What is interesting to me is they fill in a special function in society. These men become a third sex in the islands. They function as high-level servants gracefully as women. This brought on a discussion of having younger women taking care of the elder women and men in the family. Women naturally tend to the elders in their own family members as well as members of other family units. Almost immediately I can understand women taking the responsibility for many elderly people in their groups. In the islands there are not nearly enough women to do this kind of gentle care. The men dress the part of women and fill the need. In a few cases it had been discovered that many of these men were called in and treated as slaves to the system. That got my attention as men/women must never be treated as slaves under any condition. In America we saw the concept of prohibiting abortions when a young woman had been raped and chose not to raise the rapist’s child. This is still a sensitive situation in America. Anyone have anything to add to this subject?
Are you familiar with the work of Anne Fausto-Sterling?

I am having a problem with my eyes. I logged out until I could get an appointment with my eye doctor.

The world would be in even more of a mess than it already is!! Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

My daughter and the other half of the family just returned from French Polynesia with some cultural information that may be of interest to this forum. It is described as Tahiti’s transexual rae-rae. I’ve never heard of this but I am concerned about how women are not only treated in other cultures but used in a way not considered equal. There are a lot of cross-dressers and transvestites living on the islands. These are mostly men who are dressed in tight-fitting floral-print dresses that accentuates their broad shoulders and false or implanted breasts. These segments of culture take on the roles of servants. One person was considered a “petea" an individual who lives as a man during the day and a rae-rae at night. These men are not necessarily gay but many go through the reassignment surgery making them women. The sexual naming of these men mix up everything. What is interesting to me is they fill in a special function in society. These men become a third sex in the islands. They function as high-level servants gracefully as women. This brought on a discussion of having younger women taking care of the elder women and men in the family. Women naturally tend to the elders in their own family members as well as members of other family units. Almost immediately I can understand women taking the responsibility for many elderly people in their groups. In the islands there are not nearly enough women to do this kind of gentle care. The men dress the part of women and fill the need. In a few cases it had been discovered that many of these men were called in and treated as slaves to the system. That got my attention as men/women must never be treated as slaves under any condition. In America we saw the concept of prohibiting abortions when a young woman had been raped and chose not to raise the rapist’s child. This is still a sensitive situation in America. Anyone have anything to add to this subject?
Hello Sandy, ... very interesting post. Reminds me of the Hijra in India. They are accepted as a "third sex", but they are very much lower caste. Feminine men are often relegated to "servitude", as the biology screams: men are warriors, women are housekeepers! Rape is a reprehensible crime. It's not simply violent, it's emotional. It destroys the victim on a level that a sword could never reach. It takes away their sense of self, having something that they can call their own... simply taken away. (And to call something a "legitimate rape", as this dude the other day put it, although I grant him to have misspoken, is just ridiculous. I wonder how he would feel if someone gags him out of nowhere just to pound his ass.) In this regard, hinting on abortion, and I am generally opposed to abortion, preferring adoption services, there is certainly an emotional part nobody but "that woman" can feel and take part of. To deny an abortion to her is as bad as the rape. The model of most societies, patriarchy that is, unless revised by secularism, is a shitty model in my view. It's authoritarian and violent, just by its nature. But we learn and we grow, that's the good thing. We've come a long way, us humans that is, but we still have a lot to learn, to adjust to, and to figure certain things out. Gender is one. Societal hierarchy is another. Just my fifty cents here... Thanks for your post!