A better demographic representation of our country.

“Yeah, probably Faux News, Newmax, and other Right Wing Fake News sources.”

Liberial - i gave you the young turks source

You say “liberal” as though it were a bad thing. BTW, TYT isn’t one I watch very often. It’s not like I sit around all day long and watch TV or listen to the radio, on Progressive Talk or Free Speech TV, all day long. I really don’t have time to do that.

:TYT isn’t one I watch very often. It’s not like I sit"

Thats why made it easy for and posted the clip for your viewing.

Liberials does not = progressives

I wonder how quick the republicans would vote for a relief bill if they lost their salaries. They’re not working for the taxpayers and earning their slice of the pie. Why should taxpayers reward some obstructionist by paying his salary?

@missinggirl

Liberials does not = progressives

I didn’t say liberals (you keep misspelling it- there’s no second “i”) equaled progressives. The station and app is called Progressive Voices (apologies for saying Talk, I should have looked at the app, which I don’t have time to listen to). Check it out. You may enjoy it or you might hate it because it’s Progressive talk radio.

https://www.progressivevoices.com/

@write4u

I wonder how quick the republicans would vote for a relief bill if they lost their salaries. They’re not working for the taxpayers and earning their slice of the pie. Why should taxpayers reward some obstructionist by paying his salary?

They keep voting themselves a raise, which they don’t deserve. We don’t get a say in any raises. Most corporations reluctantly give raises. They give slaps in the faces of a few pennies to a dime raise, while paying CEOs millions a years (Hellmart CEO is a prime example). Repugs take taxpayers’ money as greedy corporations feed their greed for passing laws that feed corporate greed. Then the Repugs feel so good about that that they decide they need another raise at taxpayers’ expense.

I can relate to missing girl seeming seething anger, but it gets in the way of her getting across what she’s actually thinking, and instead tends to make her come across as just playing gaming and baiting. It’s a shame, I like to think there’s something of substance in there, oh but our passions do trip us up when we least expect or want it. :v:

Let your guard down and just try having a discussion. ?

@citizenschallengev3 Nah, I don’t think that’s the issue. I think she’s ill informed about liberals, progressive, etc. After all she thinks President Biden removed the $15/hour when he wasn’t the one who did. President Biden fought to keep it, but the Dems decided to remove it and fight over it later so that COVID relief could be passed. Very ill informed.

(you keep misspelling it- there’s no second “i”)
Oh, I thought she was referring to the people of Liberia

…and she might think “Liberians” are the people that work in the buildings with lots of books.

Cc why arent you angry of the Dem broken promise over $15 min wage. Throughout the campaign harris biden said this was a core issue for the Dems to get done.

“After all she thinks President Biden removed the $15/hour when he wasn’t the one who did. President Biden fought to keep it, but the Dems decided to remove it and fight over it later so that COVID relief could be passed. Very ill informed.”

What a partisan fool you are Mriana. A Dem parlimentary advisor took the $15 wage out of the bill. An unelected unaccountable no authority advisor. In response, Biden Harris did nothing.

From David Sirota

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/01/joe-biden-minimum-wage-democrats

In the Tanden situation, in fact, the Biden team is acting like a White House’s power of persuasion and legislative arm twisting can potentially move votes for something a president cares about – in this case, the nomination of a Washington insider to a fancy White House job.

The real story, then, is that Biden seems unwilling to use the same influence to push as hard as possible for a minimum wage increase that would boost the pay of millions of Americans during an economic emergency.

He has the power to at least try – he just seems unwilling to.

Cc why arent you angry of the Dem broken promise over $15 min wage. Throughout the campaign harris biden said this was a core issue for the Dems to get done.
Your boy wasn't re-installed as the forever president yesterday. Biden-Harris, The Election Winners, still have 3-1/2 or maybe 7-1/2 years to go.

Did trump build his wall in 90 days? No. He was too busy signing executive orders undoing anything President Obama had accomplished.

@missinggirl

why arent you angry of the Dem broken promise over $15 min wage

You must be a young one. Wait about 40 years into your voting career and you’ll understand why it’s not worth getting one’s blood pressure up over.

What a partisan fool you are Mriana.

Insults don’t change the fact that politicians have been doing this crap for decades and if you get angry about every time you’ll soon find yourself angry all the time. Also, and again, activism isn’t partisan. You keep using that word, but you have no clue what it means or even what you’re talking about. Activism is not partisan.

Also, President Biden did try and he wanted it left in there, but the Senate saw fit to take it out.

He he tell the non elected advisor to put it back in the Bill?

@missinggirl Are you wanting a dictator? The president is not king in which he can order Congress what to do. He does not have that power, but he can tell them what he wants. Doesn’t mean he will get what he wants though. Seems to me you need a refresher course on U.S. government.

Mriana’s idea of democracy is unelected offical can dictate party policy to the point of breaking an election promise

@missinggirl It seems to me you read too much into posts, including stuff that isn’t there in a post, adding to it what your want with your own flare of paranoia, which makes you a troll and not worth listening to. I wouldn’t be surprised if you were one of those people in Q Anon. BTW, no one said anything about an unelected official making policy, which goes right back to what I said. You even did this to another’s post- added to it what you wanted when it wasn’t even there in the post. Just making up crap to suite your fancy so you can throw a fit. Obviously you are young, but that doesn’t mean that we won’t suspend or ban you for it. So stop adding to what people say, when it’s not even there in the post. Instead, ask questions, without being on the defensive or combative and have an actual conversation on the forum.

The president is not king in which he can order Congress what to do. He does not have that power, but he can tell them what he wants. Doesn’t mean he will get what he wants though.
Trump was the closest thing to a dictator I've seen in this country. Running with the adoration and fear of his "loyal" party. A little too close to the way Kim Jung Un (one of trump's heroes) runs his country, for my comfort.

Though trump didn’t have the opportunity to execute his opposition with anti-aircraft guns.

@mrmhead

Trump was the closest thing to a dictator I’ve seen in this country.

I agree and it seems as though that is what @missinggirl wants when she insists that President Biden needed to demand that the $15/hour stay in the bill. That would be a dictatorship and the Repugs in the senate would not stand for that… Unless it was the dotard demanding it.

Seems to me that, if necessary, Biden can declare Martial Law and give him dictatorial powers. We are after all at war, albeit with an invisible enemy.

The nation is still in crisis and I am sure that if Texas and those other states, which have declared the pandemic to be over, prove to become hotbeds for spreading Covid, Biden may declare mandatory Federal regulations to combat their criminal negligence of continuing to spread the disease, and quarantine those states from contact with the rest of the nation to prevent further unnecessary deaths.

Are these governors stupid? IMO, they should not receive any of the new support funding. They want it both ways and are placing the rest of the nation at risk. Well, if you are so keen on going it alone have at it, but don’t waste my taxdollars on your stupidity and incompetence of continuing to underestimate what you are dealing with.

"You must be a young one. Wait about 40 years into your voting career "

And now the Boomer is gaslighting me.

"BTW, no one said anything about an unelected official making policy, which goes right back to what I "

Mriana, honest answer please. Is it true or not true that an unelected parlamentarian took the min wage out of the covid and biden did nothing to address this.?

Also since i have to be the only one raising these issues how about the latest? Bernie tried to reintroduce min wage as an amendment to the Covid Bill and 8 Democratic Senators voted NO WITH THE REPUBLICANS RESULTING IN THE AMENDMENT BEING REJECTED!!

here they are

Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia,

Jon Tester of Montana,

Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire,

Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona

Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire

Two of Bidens close allies, Chris Coons and Tom Carper of Delaware.

Sen. Angus King (I-Maine)

All multi millionaires who just gave a death wish to the working poor.

Read all about it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/senate/541860-the-eight-democrats-who-voted-no-on-15-minimum-wage%3Famp

Anyone still want to throw around that joke claim that the Democrats are a working class party?