2/3 majority

For a long time I was thinking the 2/3 majority was outdated and too restrictive, but then it occurred to me that it’s exactly right. Germany will tell you that 1/3 of their country managed to gain power and almost take over the world. It becomes a problem when more than 1/3 of the country becomes apathetic. I think people McConnell and the like are well aware of this, and know how to create apathy. Once you can do that, and it’s a lot easier than getting votes, then you have minority rule.

The minority, who does all the thinking, has always ruled. Democracy is a myth. In the quote below, the wolves are, of course, the masses.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” ~ Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) US Founding Father

I have not seen a valid quote from Sree in months ‘Democracy Is Two Wolves And A Lamb Voting On What To Have For Lunch’ – Did Ben Franklin Say This Quote? | Check Your Fact

I knew you would split hairs but took the risk, anyway. Who cares if the quote was from Donald Trump? Can you focus on the quote itself and give your two-cents on its net worth?

Political apathy was the norm 10 years ago but today people are more politically engaged than they have been in generations.

Controversy is a big motivator.

The minority, who does all the thinking, has always ruled. Democracy is a myth.
Pretty much, but the illusion of democracy is important to maintain.
Pretty much, but the illusion of democracy is important to maintain.
Somehow, that illusion has kept us on even keel as a nation. Do you think Biden and Kamala can tip us over?

I’m skeptical the illusion of democracy has had an effect on American stability or success.

@sree even keel? You are dreaming. The dotard has destroyed the U.S. and created a large divide of hatred and racism. He removed the pandemic plan President Obama and Biden had put into place and allowed the virus to run rampid. If anything, I would expect Biden to do something about the virus AND put back, as much as he can the Pandemic plan he and President Obama created as he can. Even get us back into WHO and other world organization the dotard took us out of that were beneficial to us. Basically, they would replace and/or repair everything the dotard destroyed. They’d get rid of DeVoe who doesn’t want kids educated, but rather indoctrinated into HER religion. I’m sure there is a whole list of things that will fix or replace the damage the dotard has done.

Can you focus on the quote itself and give your two-cents on its net worth?
The quote sucked.

lol That’s his two cents worth. I don’t know if @sree wants to see @lausten 's two dollars worth. Might give even more of an early morning laugh to others.

Terrifying thing is that the 1/3 Trump Cultists block seems to be getting more entrenched in their self fabricated world of self-delusion, resentment and rage.

If we aren’t changing minds we are losing.

seems to be getting more entrenched -- CC
I think we are mistaking "entrenched" for how they figured out to game the system. It's easier to see it historically, to look back at the days of myth and magic and see how a few could claim to have the power of the gods and rule the many. Look back 250 years and you can see how they used the power of the new philosophies of freedom and equality to claim the right to enforce those philosophies with this new idea of delegating force to a democratically elected state. All of these were based on a low literacy rate and lack of global communications. So they provided those, or we created those tools ourselves, depending on how you see it, but power still concentrates and AI is not something we can easily grab.

Throughout, I don’t think the ratio of caring and compassionate to authoritarians has changed that much.

Depressing thought. But you may have a point. They’ve just been empowered like never before in American history.

I’m skeptical the illusion of democracy has had an effect on American stability or success.
The US is no less stable than the major western countries of Europe. Moreover, it is the pre-eminent economic power on the planet. If the illusion of democracy - the belief that the government is of the people, by the people, for the people – did not affect America as a going concern since its founding, then this fraud is not a bad thing. May the people win again this November.

@sree

The US is no less stable than the major western countries of Europe. Moreover, it is the pre-eminent economic power on the planet.

Don’t fool yourself sree, the dotard has destroyed pretty much everything- the economy, security, and stability. All of that and more. We are not an economic power anymore.

The US is no less stable than the major western countries of Europe. Moreover, it is the pre-eminent economic power on the planet. If the illusion of democracy – the belief that the government is of the people, by the people, for the people – did not affect America as a going concern since its founding, then this fraud is not a bad thing. May the people win again this November.
I didn't mean to imply it's a bad thing, just that it's probably necessary. Europeans seem more cynical (and realistic) about politics than Americans, but Europe is less stable than America and far less relevant geopolitically; maybe that is proof enough of it's necessity.
Don’t fool yourself sree, the dotard has destroyed pretty much everything- the economy, security, and stability. All of that and more. We are not an economic power anymore.
You should try to make sense sometimes.

I don’t know what doesn’t make sense to you, @thatoneguy. It’s in English.

@sree

May the people win again this November.

One more thing, the people didn’t win, because the majority didn’t vote for the dotard. The EC voted against the people, probably paid off by Russia and/or the dotard, but whatever the case, the EC did not vote the way the people wanted in 2016. Again, the dotard is trying to steal the election and has even admitted he is. He has admitted he’s tampering with the USPS so votes by mail doesn’t arrive in time for the election and is slowing COVID-19 relief in the hopes that will make it harder for people to vote. The problem with slowing down the USPS and taking away the sorting machines, is that people, especially veterans, don’t get their medicine that comes through the mail. The dotard admits he’s trying to rig the election, but no one seems to be doing anything about it.