21st Century

Does anyone know who invented the typewriter? Hint: it wasn’t Remington or Underwood. It’s a name I’ll bet you amd most everyone else have never heard.
Easy, and I didn't look it up, Christopher Sholes. Ok, who invented the vacuum cleaner, hint he wasn't related to a president. Cap't Jack
You left out his co-inventors, Glidden and Soules. Anyway,nthere are many other contenders. Typewriters were invented simultaneously by several people. Hubert Cecil Booth is credited with inventing the powered vaccuum cleaner. I guess we'd have to say we're Boothing when we use a Hoover. :-)
Someone asked this question last week. I thought it would be a good topic for discussion. Nobody could think of anything. What good has come out of the 21st century so far? LL
Shark Bit Plumbing fitting ! One of the greatest DIY and pro advanc(es) in plumbing eeva ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCO_AI_j8M no this is no a joke, and totally post millennial :coolsmile:
Someone asked this question last week. I thought it would be a good topic for discussion. Nobody could think of anything. What good has come out of the 21st century so far? LL
I haven't read every post so sorry if this has already posted. 3D Printing and the latest Stem Cell Advancements. These will be the foundations for disease cures and damage repairs like we never known before. Lee
I haven't read every post so sorry if this has already posted. 3D Printing and the latest Stem Cell Advancements. These will be the foundations for disease cures and damage repairs like we never known before. Lee Ok, that's two, but we're 14 years into the 21st century. Lois
I remember as a kid in the 70s reading science fiction stories about futuristic societies based entirely on credit. That is the characters would use an "identity disc" or something to buy things. Even then I remember thinking it would be cool, but I took it for granted that such a system would only work if there were a fool proof method of making sure someone else couldn't steal your disc or just get your number off of it. I mean, it's one thing for a pickpocket to steal what cash you happen to have on you, but if he could steal everything you own with just one swoop? Nobody would be that stupid, I thought. And here we are in the futuristic world of 2014, and looking at how easy it is to steal identities, I guess I was a pretty naïve kid, wasn't I? :)