Years of Living Dangerously - face what is happening

Hmmm, I was just going to share this video… turned into quite the ramble, I do get going sometimes :smirk:
There’s a new documentary out that has traveled around the world to document the dramatic changes
upon our planet and the cascading consequences of those changes to age old climate patterns.
Being of the generation who learned about all this global warming science and atmospheric observations in the early 70s,
it is indescribably heartbreaking to see those fearful, yet sober, projects from way back when climatology was young,
being played out in real life and real time.
Every bit as heartbreaking has been witnessing the war of dirty-tricks and lies the Republican/Libertarian powers that be have waged
against a rational sober understanding of the science. I’ve watched as decade after decade passed with increasing indications of
the reality of our impact upon our one and only home planet. And rather than learn about our planet and accommodating
the reality of many billions of hungry human mouths upon our finite planet -
all has been done to distract in favor of pursuing war games and profits like this was still the middle ages.

Unfortunately, as the science and evidence get’s stronger, the contrarian opposition get’s more shrill and hateful and disconnected.
Nothing is learned, nothing changes, as we relentlessly continue down our slippery slidey slope into irreversible climate catastrophe.
Funny (not), my Republican pals are happy to remind me “Earth’s climate has always changed”.
Yea, fine and dandy, it sure has and I’m sure the reptiles will love the new hot house Earth we are bequeathing back to them.
Unfortunately, the folks that need to watch this the most
are the one’s who are resolutely opposed to considering anything outside their bubble of awareness,
as though they themselves are smarter then the collective thinking of many tens of thousands of scientists,
the pursuers of knowledge and understanding - rather than the guardians of dogma.

Years of Living Dangerously Premiere Full Episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brvhCnYvxQQ Published on Apr 6, 2014 https://www.youtube.com/user/Years Hollywood celebrities and respected journalists span the globe to explore the issues of climate change and cover intimate stories of human triumph and tragedy. Watch new episodes Sundays at 10PM ET/PT, only on SHOWTIME.
I sure hope they won't be limited to Showtime, this thing should be seen by many. Yea and I imagine, all the celebs will draw a lot of fire and ridicule - anything to rationalize ignoring the real story. :down:

I’ve been following this issue since the late 1980s and it’s very sobering to see a lot of the stuff predicted then happening now and it’s only going to get more extreme.
The people behind the denial movement have largely checked out of the human race as far as I’m concerned, they really do need to be removed from positions of power as they’ve demonstrated no real sense of responsibility.