WyattRoberts

Hi all, my name is Wyatt, I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I’m excited to be here and check out the forum.
I consider myself to be a very open-minded person. I know everyone has different life experiences and different upbringings, which shapes our way of thinking in a major way. I love to learn from others and find out a little from perspectives that I can’t even fathom, simply because I was born into a different family, in a different culture.
Glad to be here, thanks for everything.

Hi WyattRoberts. FYI we usually delete accounts such as yours that include spam links in the subject line. In an abundance of caution I am letting you remain, and writing this instead since it appears there is some small chance you may wish to be a legitimate member of the forum. If so understand that spamming is strictly against the rules, and that goes doubly for newbies.

Hi Doug, my apologies. I didn’t mean to “spam” or anything, I was simply trying to include my website in my signature so that as I post in here, if anyone is in Phoenix and happens to have pigeon problems (you’d be surprises how many people do), that they might happen across my posts and potentially visit my website for help. I didn’t know that was frowned upon. Again, my apologies.

Hi all, my name is Wyatt, I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I'm excited to be here and check out the forum. I consider myself to be a very open-minded person. I know everyone has different life experiences and different upbringings, which shapes our way of thinking in a major way. I love to learn from others and find out a little from perspectives that I can't even fathom, simply because I was born into a different family, in a different culture. Glad to be here, thanks for everything.
Welcome. Lois
if anyone is in Phoenix and happens to have pigeon problems (you'd be surprises how many people do),]
I probably would be surprised. I'm game, spill. What kind of pigeon problems to do you specialize in? What are your preferred methods for teaching them flea motels to behave? I think I've also given you a opening to sneak in your link, though you could put in a space to disable it, but still make it easy to cut, paste, edit and link. :)

:gulp: Oh that’s too rich. :lol: I just googled “Ninja Pigeon”
and dang if this dude ain’t the real tweety deal.
Ninja Pigeon backflips to avoid certain death - YouTube
Seriously, some great moves . . .
The pigeon, that is. Jury is still out on Wyatt. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:gulp: Oh that's too rich. :lol: I just googled "Ninja Pigeon" and dang if this dude ain't the real tweety deal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfZ454HMmYk Seriously, some great moves . . . The pigeon, that is. Jury is still out on Wyatt. ;-P
Whoa Citizenschallenge! I've never seen that one before, that really is a ninja pigeon! Haha thanks for the good laugh. To answer your previous question, we really stick with two main tactics out here in AZ to deter those crazy things-- netting and spikes. Spikes are good for window sills and places they might just want to land, but the real protection of your home comes in by using netting. Netting around solar panels, in shady areas where they like to roost, under eaves, etc. The funny thing about our business is that pigeons tend to pick one house in a neighborhood and make it their home. When we get a call and go take care of it, a lot of times those pigeons simply move over to the next door neighbor's house. So as you can imagine, we get a lot of referral business ;) And as for the link... ;) Our website is www. phoenixpigeons .com Thanks for being a sport and helping a friend out! I'm just following my nephews advice to get my business website anywhere and everywhere I can... he's the expert not me. I'm a pigeon ninja, he's a world wide web ninja!
Thanks for being a sport and helping a friend out! I'm just following my nephews advice to get my business website anywhere and everywhere I can... he's the expert not me. I'm a pigeon ninja, he's a world wide web ninja!
Shhh, we were supposed to be discreet.* What problems do pigeons create other than lots of poop, and fleas I imagine? Though what I'd really love to learn is how to selectively repel those obnoxious blue jays that take over bird feeders intended for other more pleasant bird species. Them and Magpies, truly the weeds of the bird kingdom. *Now you are obligated to come up with one non-pigeon related post, one that's interesting. ;-)

Welcome sir. From a fellow new member.

Thanks for being a sport and helping a friend out! I'm just following my nephews advice to get my business website anywhere and everywhere I can... he's the expert not me. I'm a pigeon ninja, he's a world wide web ninja!
Shhh, we were supposed to be discreet.* What problems do pigeons create other than lots of poop, and fleas I imagine? Okay you don't say it. I did it. Nicely put together website and it answered my question and learned me another couple things toboot. One suggestion that I learned from a blog builder - don't limit yourself to one invitation to join your mailing list. Repeat it at least couple more times, actually she says five linked pitches, which I think is getting mercenary but that's me.
What problems do pigeons create other than lots of poop, and fleas I imagine? Though what I'd really love to learn is how to selectively repel those obnoxious blue jays that take over bird feeders intended for other more pleasant bird species. Them and Magpies, truly the weeds of the bird kingdom. Let's see... there are several dozed different diseases that pigeons can carry. Histoplasmosis is a respiratory disease you can contract from pigeon feces that can be fatal. They really are some nasty creatures, especially when the travel in herds. Much different than the one or two racing pigeons that some people love and adore. I've seen just about everything you can imagine from these flying rats. As for the blue jays and magpies... a pellet gun does the trick ;) There really isn't much you can do except put sunflower seeds in one area, and the bird feed in another, in hopes that the magpies and blue jays will stay where the sunflower seeds are. That might work for a minute, but as soon as they are all eaten up, they are just going to come over to the bird feeder.
*Now you are obligated to come up with one non-pigeon related post, one that's interesting. ;-) Alright here's an interesting study I heard about from a friend the other day... A group of about 50 people were run through an experiment. They were told that they were going to be rubbed with poison ivy on the forearm, to see how different people reacted to the plant. In reality, they were all rubbed with a different plant that looked like poison ivy, but wasn't. An interesting thing happened... over half of the participants developed rashes and blisters, similar to what poison ivy would produce. The fact that they believed they were being rubbed with it, caused them to develop the symptoms. I've always been fascinated with the placebo effect and the power of the human mind. In my younger days I was a decent soccer player, and I remember just how much of a difference it made in my game when my mind was in the right place. If I was nervous and had thoughts of failure or missing goal scoring opportunities, that is what manifested in the game almost always. If I spent time before the game to visualize myself scoring and playing well, I would have a good game more often than not. The mind-body connection has always interested me.