new person saying hi.

Hi.
I am a total hater of the following: the justice system, expert witnesses, logical fallacies, confirmation bias, magical thinking, Cluster B personalities, science reporting, intellectual dishonesty…
I thought I might find a home here.

Nutrition ‘science’ gets me riled up, too.
I could probably do this all night.

psychologists who use rorschach tests…
80% of psychology really is nonsense.

people who just make up numbers like 80%^

Good evening “hater”! And welcome.
Maybe you should get off the caffeine or coke though. :slight_smile: Just a friendly reminder.
Love makes the world!
Peace, my brother or sister… enjoy the threads!

Hi. I am a total hater of the following: the justice system, expert witnesses, logical fallacies, confirmation bias, magical thinking, Cluster B personalities, science reporting, intellectual dishonesty... I thought I might find a home here.
Perhaps there's a little self-hate too? An intellectually honest person might say that there are aspects of the justice system, expert witnesses, etc... that they find repugnant. But total hate? Really? So you prefer No justice system? Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? But welcome nonetheless.
Hi. I am a total hater of the following: the justice system, expert witnesses, logical fallacies, confirmation bias, magical thinking, Cluster B personalities, science reporting, intellectual dishonesty... I thought I might find a home here.
Perhaps there's a little self-hate too? An intellectually honest person might say that there are aspects of the justice system, expert witnesses, etc... that they find repugnant. But total hate? Really? So you prefer No justice system? Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? But welcome nonetheless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k So you prefer No justice system? No. Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? No You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? No. Talk about logical fallacies... but which one? https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/loaded-question https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
Perhaps there's a little self-hate too? An intellectually honest person might say that there are aspects of the justice system, expert witnesses, etc... that they find repugnant. But total hate? Really? So you prefer No justice system? Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? But welcome nonetheless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k So you prefer No justice system? No. Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? No You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? No. Talk about logical fallacies. Doubturopath evidently doesn't understand te law of unintended consequences. I'm afraid he may be another crank who hates everything and everyone and figures that nothing is better than anything that isn't perfect. Since nothing is perfect he wants to throw out the baby with he bathwater. Lois
Perhaps there's a little self-hate too? An intellectually honest person might say that there are aspects of the justice system, expert witnesses, etc... that they find repugnant. But total hate? Really? So you prefer No justice system? Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? But welcome nonetheless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k So you prefer No justice system? No. Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? No You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? No. Talk about logical fallacies. Doubturopath evidently doesn't understand te law of unintended consequences. I'm afraid he may be another crank who hates everything and everyone and figures that nothing is better than anything that isn't perfect. Since nothing is perfect he wants to throw out the baby with he bathwater. Lois Lois' ability to deduce the gender, knowledge level and general thoughts and feelings of other posters is low to nonexistent. Also, why is Lois addressing the audience suddenly? Good to know who thinks they know everything in the absence of meaningful data off the bat. Anyway... use of the word "hater" is supposed to evoke something humorous like the Player Hater's on Chapelle's show. Hater is a slang term that can be applied to people who are are always making sarcastic/snarky comments. It appears this is NOT the forum for me.
Perhaps there's a little self-hate too? An intellectually honest person might say that there are aspects of the justice system, expert witnesses, etc... that they find repugnant. But total hate? Really? So you prefer No justice system? Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? But welcome nonetheless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k So you prefer No justice system? No. Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? No You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? No. Talk about logical fallacies. Doubturopath evidently doesn't understand te law of unintended consequences. I'm afraid he may be another crank who hates everything and everyone and figures that nothing is better than anything that isn't perfect. Since nothing is perfect he wants to throw out the baby with he bathwater. Lois Lois' ability to deduce the gender, knowledge level and general thoughts and feelings of other posters is low to nonexistent. Also, why is Lois addressing the audience suddenly? Good to know who thinks they know everything in the absence of meaningful data off the bat. Anyway... use of the word "hater" is supposed to evoke something humorous like the Player Hater's on Chapelle's show. Hater is a slang term that can be applied to people who are are always making sarcastic/snarky comments. It appears this is NOT the forum for me. My comments were directed at you, too, though I could have been more direct. If you were being humorous, you should have used a smiley ;-P or something to show your humorous intent. (As to gender, I use the default male pronoun when no information about gender is given by the poster). As for general thoughts and knowledge level, you have given no indication of what they may be. I use the default (as I do with everyone else) that you were probably of at least average intelligence and average thoughts and feelings, since I had nothing more to go on. If you wish to be seen as otherwise in any of these areas, you will have to demonstrate it. But, you're right, it may not be the forum for you if you are that easily disturbed at a mildly negative comment. You need a thick skin to be on a forum like this. Feel free to come back when you have developed one. ;) Lois
Perhaps there's a little self-hate too? An intellectually honest person might say that there are aspects of the justice system, expert witnesses, etc... that they find repugnant. But total hate? Really? So you prefer No justice system? Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? But welcome nonetheless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k So you prefer No justice system? No. Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? No You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? No. Talk about logical fallacies. Doubturopath evidently doesn't understand te law of unintended consequences. I'm afraid he may be another crank who hates everything and everyone and figures that nothing is better than anything that isn't perfect. Since nothing is perfect he wants to throw out the baby with he bathwater. Lois Lois' ability to deduce the gender, knowledge level and general thoughts and feelings of other posters is low to nonexistent. Also, why is Lois addressing the audience suddenly? Good to know who thinks they know everything in the absence of meaningful data off the bat. Anyway... use of the word "hater" is supposed to evoke something humorous like the Player Hater's on Chapelle's show. Hater is a slang term that can be applied to people who are are always making sarcastic/snarky comments. It appears this is NOT the forum for me. My comments were directed at you, too, though I could have been more direct. If you were being humorous, you should have used a smiley ;-P or something to show your humorous intent. (As to gender, I use the default male pronoun when no information about gender is given by the poster). As for general thoughts and knowledge level, you have given no indication of what they may be. I use the default (as I do with everyone else) that you were probably of at least average intelligence and average thoughts and feelings, since I had nothing more to go on. If you wish to be seen as otherwise in any of these areas, you will have to demonstrate it. But, you're right, it may not be the forum for you if you are that easily disturbed at a mildly negative comment. You need a thick skin to be on a forum like this. Feel free to come back when you have developed one. ;) Lois You are presumptuous, passive aggressive and dishonest. Male is not "the default". You were simply wrong. It is correct that I gave no indication; you simply made up a bunch of nonsense. Again, you are projecting your silly, speculative nonsense onto me and offering advice where none was requested. I will put you on ignore now.

Hey “dudes” :wink: … I think male pretty much is the default. Sigh…
I wish we could all be women :slight_smile:

You are apparently a troll, and not a very intelligent one. It’s common for those who are in the greatest need of psychiatric counselling to dislike the field as you indicated. A question is: which will occur first,

It appears this is NOT the forum for me.
or banning.
Now it’s your turn to try to think up some boring insults that you’ll try to apply to me.
Occam

You are apparently a troll, and not a very intelligent one. It's common for those who are in the greatest need of psychiatric counselling to dislike the field as you indicated. A question is: which will occur first,
It appears this is NOT the forum for me.
or banning. Now it's your turn to try to think up some boring insults that you'll try to apply to me. Occam
Go ahead and ban me. I thought I would encounter critical thinkers here; not a bunch of truthers and white supremacists.

You wouldn’t recognize critical thinking if it bit you in your rear end.
Occam

You wouldn't recognize critical thinking if it bit you in your rear end. Occam
The rear end does seem to be the general area represented here.
Perhaps there's a little self-hate too? An intellectually honest person might say that there are aspects of the justice system, expert witnesses, etc... that they find repugnant. But total hate? Really? So you prefer No justice system? Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? But welcome nonetheless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k So you prefer No justice system? No. Witnesses who just dabble in their field like a hobby, etc? No You'd rather reporting on science go away and leave a vacuum for more infotainment or religious reporting? No. Talk about logical fallacies. Doubturopath evidently doesn't understand te law of unintended consequences. I'm afraid he may be another crank who hates everything and everyone and figures that nothing is better than anything that isn't perfect. Since nothing is perfect he wants to throw out the baby with he bathwater. Lois Lois' ability to deduce the gender, knowledge level and general thoughts and feelings of other posters is low to nonexistent. Also, why is Lois addressing the audience suddenly? Good to know who thinks they know everything in the absence of meaningful data off the bat. Anyway... use of the word "hater" is supposed to evoke something humorous like the Player Hater's on Chapelle's show. Hater is a slang term that can be applied to people who are are always making sarcastic/snarky comments. It appears this is NOT the forum for me. My comments were directed at you, too, though I could have been more direct. If you were being humorous, you should have used a smiley ;-P or something to show your humorous intent. (As to gender, I use the default male pronoun when no information about gender is given by the poster). As for general thoughts and knowledge level, you have given no indication of what they may be. I use the default (as I do with everyone else) that you were probably of at least average intelligence and average thoughts and feelings, since I had nothing more to go on. If you wish to be seen as otherwise in any of these areas, you will have to demonstrate it. But, you're right, it may not be the forum for you if you are that easily disturbed at a mildly negative comment. You need a thick skin to be on a forum like this. Feel free to come back when you have developed one. ;) Lois You are presumptuous, passive aggressive and dishonest. Male is not "the default". You were simply wrong. It is correct that I gave no indication; you simply made up a bunch of nonsense. Again, you are projecting your silly, speculative nonsense onto me and offering advice where none was requested. I will put you on ignore now. Please do. And Thanks.

doubturopath,
What made you think you would find other haters here on a Humanist Forum? Critical thinking has no connection whatever with gratuitous hating (even in a generic humorous sense).

Hey "dudes" ;) ... I think male pretty much is the default. Sigh... I wish we could all be women :)
We are. It's just that for us guys, one of our X chromosomes is broken. Still, we can be handicapable at times.
Hey "dudes" ;) ... I think male pretty much is the default. Sigh... I wish we could all be women :)
We are. It's just that for us guys, one of our X chromosomes is broken. Still, we can be handicapable at times. Oh... I know ;) You're not just handicapable :)