Why despise "Earth First" advocating for the health of our planet?

Considering a comment I received last week I’ve become curious about people’s reactions to Earth First.
I’ll admit, I’ve never had any dealing with them, so have no direct knowledge - I do hear some pretty extreme claims
being made, but when I’ve tried tracking them down, they tend to evaporate into the petty rather than the “eco-terrorist” hysteria.

Or, <strong>Why shouldn't Earth have an Advocate?</strong>
http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2014/05/kj-whynot-earth-first.html
<em>Last summer I reposted an excellent collection of AGW education videos that was compiled by one "Greenfyre." Last week I received the following comment regarding Greenfyre - I figure it deserves it's own post
</em>
<blockquote>On 5/15/14 KJ aka TxSmiler wrote: "Please be honest enough to post this background information on Greenfyre. Greenfyre is the Internet blog and screen name for a radical environmental activist, Mike Kaulbars from Ottawa, Canada. He is a founder of the Earth First! chapter in Ottawa, Canada, an eco-terrorist organization with a long history of violence and sabotage."</blockquote>
Really now? How long and just how "violent"?
Is Mike actually implicated in anything serious, besides perhaps arrested at protests? Seems to me your "Eco-terrorist" has the ring of hysteria about it.
<strong>Oh and speaking of honesty, when will you be honest enough to acknowledge and examine the "causes" and "issues" Earth Firsters were/are fighting for - in an increasingly apathetic world?
Can you explain why someone shouldn't be an advocate for this Earth, the thing all of us dearly depend on... or don't you appreciate we rely on the good health of our Earth's biosphere and the stability of its Climate engine?</strong>
KJ, the way you spit out "eco-terrorist" I can feel your contempt for "ecologists" and "tree-huggers" and such.
Why the hatred for people who have a deep connection with our planet and it's health?
It's as though you still haven't figured out that we humans and our society require a healthy Earth.
<blockquote>KJ aka TxSmiler:
"My experience is that many people are impressed and supportive of the radical militant actions that we do. ...I make no secret of my militant activism, arrests etc; [...] ...we do break the law. [...] In a few weeks I, and 50 others are off to jail. ...I do what I do because of a "pure, true love for the Earth." - Mike Kaulbars,
Thank you KJ on Greenfyre's "Mr. Sinclair's Video collection" - manmade global warming education made easy</blockquote>
You know, American's have a long uneasy respect and acceptance of thoughtful civil disobedience when the cause is important enough.
KJ, are you like some folk who believe only your say should be heard?
You know that's called Totalitarianism and leads to disaster.
Don't you?
I myself still figure this is America, battered though she may be. We're supposed to be a system where we understand that all voices have important insights to share... that is, if constructive outcomes are the goal.
Isn't the health and wellbeing of our life sustaining planet worth allowing some people to consecrate their lives to it's wellbeing? We put up with Priests - why not with "Earth Firsters"?
<strong>And why shouldn't Earth's "defenders" be listened to as a matter of practice and policy? Why does "the corporate way" force them into such isolated corners they feel compelled to take extreme measures to get the simplest message across?</strong>
~~~~~~~~~~
<em>PS. Here's what they have to say for themselves: http://earthfirstjournal.org/about/</em>

It’s all about hypocrisy, it’s fine to do things for profit that are effectively destroying the ability for millions of species to exist that will probably include us at some point, but if you run afoul of those who are most directly and significantly benefiting from those profits you become the target of the very powerful organizations they have created to advance and protect their interests.
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/feb/14/funding-climate-change-denial-thinktanks-network

Conservative billionaires used a secretive funding route to channel nearly $120m (£77m) to more than 100 groups casting doubt about the science behind climate change, the Guardian has learned. The funds, doled out between 2002 and 2010, helped build a vast network of thinktanks and activist groups working to a single purpose: to redefine climate change from neutral scientific fact to a highly polarising "wedge issue" for hardcore conservatives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_activities_of_the_Koch_brothers
The Koch brothers are the sons of Fred C. Koch, who founded Koch Industries, the second-largest privately held company in the US, of which they own 84%.[2] Having bought out two other brothers' interests, they remain in control of the family business, the fortune which they inherited from their father, and the Koch Family Foundations. The brothers have mainly contributed to libertarian and conservative thinktanks and campaigns. They actively fund and support organizations that contribute significantly to Republican candidates, and that lobby against universal health care and climate change legislation.[3] They have donated more than $196 million to dozens of free-market and advocacy organizations.[3] In 2008, the three main Koch family foundations contributed to 34 political and policy organizations, three of which they founded, and several of which they direct.[3][4] Some of political activities of the Koch brothers have brought controversy from organizations such as Greenpeace.
People like the Kochs couldn't care less about any true morality or sense of a wider responsibility and people who are committed to something beyond a narrow pursuit of personal interests whatever the consequences effectively become their enemy. You can't do what the greediest among us are doing without controlling the public space and activists threaten that control.