What should the Democratic Party actually do to win back American voters?

Nah, there’s already twitter, FB, instagram, etc etc. And there’s probably a zillion discussion forums. We need a person with balls (figuratively speaking of course), honestly a liberal version of drumpf minus the immorality. I thought that lawyer guy who defended Stormy Daniels might be it, be he fizzled. AOC is awesome IMHO but still too mild and “woke”. Warren, blah, just a talking head. Pete B too unfortunately.

Fuedalism, so completely defeated it’s considered ancient
Monarchies, amassed weapons and blew themselves up in WWI
Fascism, on the losing side of WWII
Authoritarians are getting elected, but keyword, elected. They spend massive amounts of energy controlling media, why? Because media is more powerful than it has ever been. When in history has been so easy to fact-check the most powerful people and then speak truth to power without getting immediately jailed and/or killed?

You don’t know what you’re talking about, then.

Media is overrated as a check and balance against authoritarianism. It works sometimes in the West but it is flimsy everywhere else.

“Because media is more powerful than it has ever been. When in history has been so easy to fact-check the most powerful people and then speak truth to power without getting immediately jailed and/or killed?”

Fact checking is MIA when it comes to war, foreign policy, economics and economic theory

I’m afraid you don’t and are not worth listening to, because the Conservatives have in charge for decades now. The Repugs, who are the Conservatives, have been the majority the majority of the since at least Reagan and they’ve been running the show. Now they are old fogies and dying off. So it’s Conservatism that’s dying and thank goodness. You can easily look up who’s been in charge of this country and it hasn’t been the liberals. It’s been the Conservative Repugs with the far-Right Repugs.

Speaking about fact checking - to frame Ww1 as failure of feudalism just goes to show this subject matter is not your forte

This response shows that you aren’t reading carefully.

I would need both of you to explain.

For me, feudalism was a thing of the past in 1914.

Monarchies amassed weapons, but not only them.

The causes of WWI are complex, each having a part of responsibility.

The immediate cause was the lack of support for the Austrian almost legitimate claims after the murder of the throne inheritor by Serbian terrorists.

Very sketchily, i would say that the main culprits were Russia which pushed Serbia and Germany who wanted war against France.

UK was more looking to keep the power balance, for which a defeat of Germany was seen as necessary.

France wanted to get back the territories lost in 1871, and its revenge.

The result is that 4 monarchies were destroyed, Turkish, Austrian-Hungarian Russian and German empires,

Monarchies or Republics, other states survived. all democratic up to a point.

If you’d like, you could listen “Hardcore History”, he has about 10 hours on the topic. I don’t write theses. I was stepping through history, first fuedalism was marginalized, then empires fell.

This would be my main point. And colonization has increasingly become a bad word ever since.

There is only one answer to the OP. Make Trump voters rich again. Nothing else has a snowball cat in Hell’s chance. And that isn’t going to happen.

The Republic and the world will never have been in such danger. Never. Chronic not acute like the Missile Crisis. But leading to acute. Just . like . that .

After that it’s The Postman if we’re lucky.

“This response shows that you aren’t reading carefully”
I did read and my point is that Feudalism was replaced mercantilism and then by capitalism much well before ww1 and had nothing to do with the outbreak of that war.

I don’t know how anyone got that I was implying a cause and effect of feudalism to WWI. I was very quickly listing things that have been thrown into the dustbin of history, first feudalism, then the dominance of monarchies.

Different political parties trying to gain votes in routine elections means we live in a liberal democracy and it is still working.

Some pundits have claimed that globalization is creating a new kind of feudalism. There is a fairly new book about it by this guy, Joel Kotkin.

2 Likes

To summarise ww1 was all about empire - Germans were expanding theirs ( see The Berlin Baghdad Railway and the outbreak of World War One – Carlcymru's History Blog)

and British were trying to maintain theirs.

What happened in Bosnia was only one of many potential ignition sources for a flammable Europe.

That silly nonsense. As for etc etc, please do share who comes to mind.

Yo Lausten, how’s this sound. This evening I posted it at a YouTube news story, a I think it’s going to become a sort of template.

I think it’s meme worth investing some energy into, any one agree?

**Unless We Are Changing Minds We Are Losing! How to reconnect with a disillusioned membership? The DNC needs an Online Discussion Forum. With various boards organized relating to list of major issues and concerns. Simple, but strictly adhered to guidelines and rules, fairly, closely moderated. How can they reawaken and engage their disaffected grassroots? Give us, We The People, a platform to communicate and network with like-minded across the country! **

Reinvigorate with access to discussion based on fact based evidence, along with a renewed demand that HONESTY MATTERS!

It would be scary for current vested interests within the Democratic National Committee, but those self-serving dinosaurs need be retired. Reinvigorate the grassroots, let the public take it where it may, that’s what democracy is about isn’t it?

Incidentally, CFI Forum (https-forum-centerforinquiry-org) - Would make an excellent template for such an operation. Using it as a starting template, with appropriate modifications, should also minimize start up time to weeks. And why not, a public forum, but posting rights be restricted to people currently registered as Democrats.

Good night

Implementing policies that have not been approved by their US oligarch donors would be a tremendous start for the Dems

Re OP:
Do they need to “Win Back America”, or could they turn enough of them away from the repugs?

Some say Dems are “Fearmongering”
Details of “Jan 6” should show how close he came. With a few more Yes-Men in place, it could have been possible.
If he would have been successful in that, where would he have stopped?

Shouldn’t every American be afraid of that?

Yes, Democrats need to win back the hearts and minds of members whom it has disillusioned and driven away.
The principles of truth and honesty, fact based debates and such need to be reaffirmed. We regular citizens need to be given a voice that big money has pretty well buried under self-interests - a Democratic Party Discussion Forum, open to all for viewing and to Democratic Party members for commenting and starting posts, would be the fastest most effective way of bringing about such a peaceful revolution in voter attitudes.

The rational, honesty & facts, respecting grassroots needs the Democratic Party and much as the Democratic Party needs an enlightened and engaged grassroots, both to help steer its direction, and also to lend backbone to the politicians who have to carry out their duties in our capitals (be it federal or states).

Some would piss on all of it, because of Democratic Party is guilty of many failures - but my contention is that demanding perfection and turning your back if you don’t get it, is suicidal and plays right into the hands of true vandals and demigod wannabes.

Living a sane healthy life demands a constant balance between our better angels, and flesh & blood & contradictions that we humans and our societies always have been.

I’m not a great Biden fan, but I’ll let his last speech impress me, because it was impressive in saying what we are thinking. It’s a start, and I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, even as I remain aware of the skeletons in his closet.

Sure beats going along with a brainwashing lying genuine crazy man, who’s only interested in self adulation and destroying anyone or thing that doesn’t worship him.