What drives Climate Scientists?

What drives scientists - allow Richard Alley to explain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_WLArrksB4
"Think for a minute about Newton and Einstein. Suppose that Einstein had stood up and said I have worked very hard and I have discovered that Newton got everything right and I have nothing to add. Would anyone ever know who Einstein was? Scientist at some level have to have a little bit of ego. The job description is very clear, it is, learn what nobody else knows. If you look at that and say all I want to do is cheer for other people, you're probably not going into that field. (I mean) if you go in that field, there's a little bit of ego to learn what nobody else knows. I mean, we've all got it, however well we tamp it down. The idea that we wouldn't want to be Einstein if we could overturn global warming. If we could prove that CO2 was not a greenhouse gas. If we could prove that we can burn all we want and not worry about it, how exciting would be? How wonderful, how many prizes, how many people would invite me out to give talks? If I could prove that you didn’t have to worry about this, is there any possibility, tens of thousands of scientists there isn't one of them got the ego to do that? It’s absurd, it’s absolutely unequivocally absurd!!! We’re people and we've got it in us the way people do! and the fact that nature pushes us to the reality that co2 is a greenhouse gas, it’s real. There’s nothing we can do about it." PhD and Professor Richard Alley

The U-Tube guy is smoking some really good stuff!
What drives Climate Scientists? Simple – “grants" and book deals. Or put another way, “money”.

I thought you supported the IPCC, Mike.

I do support the IPCC. And I think their budget need to be increased by 20 fold. What drives scientist is no different than football players. Make the players play for free and you will still get a few good players, but not many. For the most part the driving force is the money. Money is power. Power can be good or bad. The point is that Einstein didn’t do it for money. And he didn’t do it for Ego. Therefore the point the U-Tube guy was making by using Einstein didn’t fit the majority of the scientists. Yea, they all want to be Einstein, but the force that drove Einstein was the love of science itself.

The U-Tube guy is smoking some really good stuff! What drives Climate Scientists? Simple – “grants" and book deals. Or put another way, "money".
YouTube guy :wow: There you go again exposing how little of this climate science stuff you know anything about.