This is catastrophic

Excellent summary at the MOA stressing the point that the Baltic sea is controlled by NATO

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/09/whodunnit-facts-related-to-the-sabotage-attack-on-the-nord-stream-pipelines.html#more

I saw an article referring to that possibility as well.
Something as simple as a remote controlled explosive dropped off the side of a passing oligarchs yacht

Results in from next month’s pipeline investigations

From another one of his Energy oligarch “Friends”?

We’re supposed to care about the passport why? And what does that have to do with the thread, besides sounding like something made up?

Yes, the saboteur presented his passport when entering the country.
When asked the pupose of his visit he replied: “Maintenance on the pipe-line”… :wink:

He was an honest man. We mourn his passing during the mishap, so sad… :cry:

OK that just made no sense. I don’t call that honest. There’s no reason to mourn him if he sabotage something, unless you’re family.

LOL, sorry Mriana, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Small boats can be detected easily. Not to mention it would be very suspicious for a small boat to be in that particular area in the first place.

On point. To the anti-Russia crowd it’s proof that Putin is playing some 4-d chess or he’s gone crazy like a rabid dog.

Ukrainian pipe-line is still in use. It is not logical to pay fees to your direct ennemies and close the pipe-lines you profit from.

Truth is that, if you look at cost-advantage balance, Poutine is no more rational .

In fact he has two imperatives, keep the power and to punish Ukraine and West he hates. That’s why the nuclear menace is not a bluff.

He will raise the stakes to the final point of explosion.

That’s my personal opinion.

What do you know about that area? Where did you get this “fact”?

I think Tucker Carlson got it right:

“If you are Vladimir Putin, you’d have to be a suicidal moron to blow up your own energy pipeline,” he said.

Seeing Putin’s actions and threats lately, Yes I agree that he is a suicidal moron.
Scorched Earth approach.

2 Likes

So they just use their big boats

European security officials on Monday and Tuesday observed Russian Navy support ships in the vicinity of leaks in the Nord Stream pipelines likely caused by underwater explosions, according two Western intelligence officials and one other source familiar with the matter.

Russian ships routinely operate in the area, according to one Danish military official, who emphasized that the presence of the ships doesn’t necessarily indicate that Russia caused the damage.
“We see them every week,” this person said. “Russian activities in the Baltic Sea have increased in recent years. They’re quite often testing our awareness – both at sea and in the air.”

Nord Stream pipelines: European security officials observed Russian Navy ships in vicinity of leaks | CNN Politics

It’s all about messaging and Politic Optics.

If the perpetrator was Russia, the signaling value toward the West—which would certainly know Russia is behind the explosions—may be a threat to the rest of the marine energy infrastructure.

https://carnegieendowment.org/politika/88062

Of course, business as usual is also catastrophic for societies future well being.

Lol. I’m sure they did.

It’s not an area where small boats would be commonly seen. Too far from land.

Other than Sullivan, US officials have been far more circumspect than their European counterparts in drawing conclusions about the leaks.

“I think many of our partners have determined or believe it is sabotage. I’m not at the point where I can tell you one way or the other,” a senior military official said Wednesday. “The only thing I know there is that we think the water is between 80 and 100 meters [deep] at that location where the pipeline is. Other than that, I don’t know anything more.”

That’s a lot of water for a casual dive.

If Russia did deliberately cause the explosions, it would be effectively sabotaging its own pipelines: Russian state company Gazprom is the majority shareholder in Nord Stream 1 and the sole owner of Nord Stream 2.
But officials familiar with the latest intelligence say that Moscow would likely view such a step as worth the price if it helped raise the costs of supporting Ukraine for Europe. US and western intelligence officials believe Russian President Vladimir Putin is gambling that as electricity costs rise and winter approaches, European publics could turn against the Western strategy of isolating Russia economically. Sabotaging the pipelines could “show what Russia is capable of,” one US official said.

Considering Putin is threatening with nuclear weapons, which would flash back upon him & his nation with an aggressive rain of destruction like Russian hasn’t seen since the real NAZI’s marched on Moscow. But the west will do it with missiles and bombers and drones, and the mighty Russian Bear will be overwhelmed and buried.

Look at what Putin has done to his own people? Do you think he cares? Like a cornered wild animal, personal safety is no longer a concern, lashing out with all the viciousness it can muster, is all its mind can handle. Forethought, compassion, wisdom, nyet, nyet, nyet.

I love maps and figure a couple might help orient things a wee bit.

Maybe the sabotage was done by the same entity that’s been knocking off Russia’s oligarchs. At least 8 so far this year.

We just need to review the satellite tape and look for an all black cigarette boat that is owned by an obscure millionaire who has connections to arms dealers. We’ll know it’s the one because when it shows up on the video, ominous music will start playing in the background.