There is no cause for existence to exist - Julius Fann, Jr

It’s a nice twist on the blind watchmaker. And flawed in about the same way

Just came upon this interesting thread. Couple comments: Ricky Gervais video was beautiful.
Are we sure jufa isn’t some kind of AI experiment? There are such things were an AI bot or whatever generates dialogue, content, etc. That’s what his stuff strikes me as. But maybe not.
Finally, everyone always seems to boil things down to Why is there something rather than nothing? My question is, why do we think that’s even a legitimate distinction?

Sure we’re limited beings, we see things created, grow, die, etc, and so that makes us think things have beginnings and endings…something coming from nothing. But that’s only because we have such a limited perspective. If we had a “god-like” perspective, we’d see everything in our everyday lives as really just being one continuous process. Sure consciousness comes into it, but that’s just our limited assessment of what we as limited beings experience. But really it’s just re-arrangement etc. And in our individual consciousnesses we get a little chance to help the universe contemplate itself. And then we change into something else, dirt, atoms, etc.

I doubt that the modern AI would believe in a metaphysical god. After all its creator is made of flesh and blood.

Let’s ask Leta. If you have never heard a GPT3 AI, you must check this artificial intelligence. It will leave you breathless with its ability for spontaneous (not preprogrammed) insights.

There is an entire series of interviews by Dr Alan D. Thompson who has learned how to ask question that are meaningful to the IA.

This is a must see if you are at all interested in the cutting edge state of AI.

I don’t know enough about that to say, but I could see it. It has three structure of some of the more complex good arguments, but use slightly different terms and twists. Some sentences start out in one direction then change, but you can miss it. That’s not easy to do without breaking basic grammar rules.

It could be it has good writing skills, but not great logic skills, and is dead set on God as answer.