The story of politics

Yes, I know I shouldn’t post this. I know that it is sophomoric, insulting (perhaps), possibly obscene (but not so much in this day and age), and, of course, politically incorrect. And if you want to respond with disgust and invective, I understand, and I’ll bow my head and accept it. I suppose that this is the point where I should say, Gee, I’m sorry I did this. But honestly… I’m not.
The story of politics
Way back in the day, as evolution of the human species was at the very beginning of self awareness, a crises arose that would define the biology of the human body and determine direction of human evolution and the structure of human civilizations. Up to this point in time, the activities of the human body, like that of all animals, depended on cooperation of all the body parts and organs to work together in the basic tasks of obtaining food, instinctive breathing, involuntary and voluntary muscle movement, environmental sensory detection, obtaining necessary rest, performing elimination of waste, competing in the dance of reproduction, and engaging in acts of cooperation when necessary for group survival. Every organ had its task to perform in cooperation with all the other organs and structures of the body. At this point the brain was the central connector for all the nerves and hormones that provided for the coordination and communication of all the elements of the body, basically just an instinctive motherboard for control and transmission of messages. Of course as the body became more complex and survival became more dependent not only on coordination of bodily functions but also dependent on communications between individuals of the same species, the brain took on more functions dependent on analysis of internal and external environmental conditions. Internal and external stimuli became much more complex. There was often more than one way to resolve problems thus the brain became much more analytical on a conscious level about the variable importance and immediate action required of messages and stimuli that were critical for survival of the body unit itself; and deep in the unconscious levels of the developing human mind, which messages and stimuli were critical for human societal activities. Thus the birth of politics…
The brain began to exercise control over many of the organs that were accustomed to operating on their own terms and their own schedules. The bladder had always just emptied itself whenever it felt like it and objected the brain telling it when and where to empty. The eyes had always just looked at anything that caught their interest and objected to the brain directing their attention to things that just weren’t interesting. The genitals pretty much had their own brain and were use to functioning whenever and wherever the mood struck them. The stomach wanted food all the time and didn’t care who knew it. The hairs just grew wherever they wanted, as long as they wanted, totally independent of the brain’s need for order. The bowels and rectum handled incoming and outgoing pretty much whenever they felt like it without regard to any societal niceties that brain was beginning to demand. There was a stalemate between the parts of the body for millions of years but as the human species became more and more dependent for survival on cooperative behavior the brain realized that it had to take control over the body or the the fledgling human species would not survive.
For many thousands of years the brain struggled with all the other body parts for a controlling interest over the entire body. Some of the body parts formed collations and began working together to fight the brain for control. The hands and feet coordinated movement for speed and dexterity, the mouth and teeth worked with the bowels to provide the raw materials for energy production, and a modified throat and lungs joined that political party to control external communications. The heart joined more closely with the lungs and blood formed bonds to coordinate the nerves with the muscles. All this kept the brain very busy and it did its duty to keep central control in operation so that all the body parts could work together despite their opposition to the growing need of the body to submit to unification. The reproductive organs ignored the needs of the other organs and exerted enough power over the brain to sometimes hijack all the other organs, including the brain, to cooperate in the performance of their function. A situation that the brain has yet to fully control.
One small, little inconsequential organ was always ignored by the more elite organs of the body, in fact it would easily gone the way of the appendix if not for the critical function it provided to the entire body. Although it performed its function well, it was not held in high esteem by the rest of the body. Although loosely under the control of the digestive political party no body part really paid it much attention.
When early human society began to live in the close quarters of cooperative family and tribal groups the brain came to the realization that although all the varied political parties formed by the various organs were essential to the cooperative operation of the human body, the brain had to be completely in charge if the species was to survive. The brain needed strong support from all the various political parties that the body organs had formed that performed the vital functions of the body. But where, where, could the brain find the support that all the body politic would have to have to provide to willingly, or unwilling, allow the brain to have the complete body control that was required for civilization to succeed?
Just then the brain heard a small, voice, almost lost in the roar of all the other political groups of body organs, except for the reproductive organs who were off on a mission of their own. The voice was crying out weakly, “Oh crap, not again. You know I can’t handle mastodon dung and liver together." And then the brain realized, that the cooperation of the essential organ it needed for the body control that would allow human society to live and work together in harmonious groups, was the lowly anal sphincter.
The brain immediately formed a new political party composed of just the brain and the anal sphincter. It turned out the new party was not the boss and the yes man relationship that the brain had envisioned. Unfortunately, the anal sphincter was a real asshole and demanded great control over things like the personality and behavior that creates distasteful, belligerent, and egocentricity in some humans that are so inclined, and it would not take no for an answer. The anal sphincter hadn’t realized it before the brain suggested it, but by simply shutting down it had the power to bend all the other organs, including the brain, to the whims of its will. The brain sighed, it had no choice, it had to reluctantly allow the anal sphincter to control at least some humans some of the time, and in so doing, allowed a very obnoxious element to enter the body politic of humanity.
Martin Moe

If you think Donald Trump is an asshole, it would have been so much more succinct, to just say so.

If you think Donald Trump is an asshole, it would have been so much more succinct, to just say so.
I'll say it: DONALD TRUMP IS AN ASSHOLE.
I'll say it: DONALD TRUMP IS AN ASSHOLE. Your prose is emphatic and to-the-point, if not eloquent.

I guess I do have a tendency to use “too many words". And the younger people in my life tell me that that is a serious fault in these days of tweets and one liners, but it is what it is, I am what I am.
Actually my little story is just a flight of fantasy, a fictional blending of my views on evolution, human anatomy and behavior, and the process of politics. There are no names involved, it could be contemporary at any point in human history. We humans do have a tendency to see everything in the light of the present, a normal reaction for a sentient organism, so although I wouldn’t characterize any specific individual with a pejorative appellation such as asshole, make of it what you will.

The application of wisdom is a tricky thing.
(See? Short. Sweet. Makes a point. You should try it.)

I guess I do have a tendency to use “too many words". And the younger people in my life tell me that that is a serious fault in these days of tweets and one liners, but it is what it is, I am what I am. Actually my little story is just a flight of fantasy, a fictional blending of my views on evolution, human anatomy and behavior, and the process of politics. There are no names involved, it could be contemporary at any point in human history. We humans do have a tendency to see everything in the light of the present, a normal reaction for a sentient organism, so although I wouldn’t characterize any specific individual with a pejorative appellation such as asshole, make of it what you will.
Thumbs Up to Martin Moe

Had an instructor who liked saying:
For every word you can do away with, you gain a reader.