The Religiously Unaffiliated

I just thought this was interesting. If you live in America, how does your city (or nearest city) stack up?
This is the most godless city in America]

I just thought this was interesting. If you live in America, how does your city (or nearest city) stack up? This is the most godless city in America]
Very interesting. Thanks. I might consider moving to Portland! Lois

I’m surprised Austin is so far down the list. At least Denver is near the top.

The first line in the article is misleading, since atheism and being unaffiliated with religion are two different things.

The first line in the article is misleading, ...
Are not all atheists unaffiliated? However, it is true that all unaffiliated are not atheists. You have your agnostics, Deists and Cafeteria Catholics. But that really doesn't matter to the article.

I guess that’s interesting, but honestly this type of thing totally misses the point: everyone is somebody’s atheist. If I don’t believe in the Hindu gods, I’m an atheist, even though I might believe in the Christian god. And visa versa. Anywho… :slight_smile:

this type of thing totally misses the point
I think you are missing the forest for the trees. To me, the point of the article is to discuss the increase in the number of people who do not feel the need to belong to an organized religion. Not about Catholics vs. Protestants vs. Jews vs. Muslims, etc. I realize that each religion feels that only their religion can get you to heaven and therefore everyone else is a heathen. But that is not what the article is about.
The first line in the article is misleading, since atheism and being unaffiliated with religion are two different things.
I completely agree. Moreover, the OP title suggest that this is something to worry about. Godless = without god = Atheism Perhaps a better question would be, "Which city (or state) is the most religious?", as that would worry me more than the reverse.

deleted

Wow! I didn’t find it misleading at all and I thought it was a quite positive article. Perhaps I am a bit too upbeat of a person. But I do appreciate the other points of view. Thanks.

Neither did I, Paineman.

If you don’t believe in God, you might want to move to the Pacific Northwest.
Does not say atheists are numerous in the NW., it implies the NW is a good place to be an atheist. Some people here are inferring something the lead did not say. I also agree it was a good article.
I just thought this was interesting. If you live in America, how does your city (or nearest city) stack up? This is the most godless city in America]
Very interesting. Thanks. I might consider moving to Portland! Lois My thought was that you wanted to move there so that you would have more potential to lead people to religion. Really I understood your point, I just wanted to poke a little fun at you.