The new Republican Party violence and dehumanizing fellow Americans IS THEIR POINT!

I have the feeling that Republican violence is going to be increasing, so I’m starting this thread as a place holder for future breaking news.

What inspired me to start this thread?

Elite Republicans are now openly encouraging political violence

Paul Waldman, June 20, 2022

At this moment in history, Republican radicalism comes in so many forms — election subversion, draconian abortion restrictions, gun fetishism, anti-LGBTQ scapegoating — that some argue the party is moving toward a new kind of fascism. That raises complicated questions, but one of fascism’s key features is the glorification of violence as a domestic political tool.

Keep that idea in mind as you watch this new ad from Eric Greitens, a Missouri Republican running for U.S. Senate: link

With a shotgun in his hand and a pistol on his belt, Greitens accompanies soldiers busting into what appears to be a suburban home. Then he says to the camera: “Join the MAGA crew. Get a RINO hunting permit. There’s no bagging limit, no tagging limit, and it doesn’t expire until we save our country.”

For the uninitiated, “RINO” is short for “Republican In Name Only,” a term that originally referred to Republicans who were too ideologically moderate for someone’s taste. Now it is used to refer to those who, no matter how ideologically conservative, are insufficiently worshipful of Donald Trump or question the more radical beliefs and tactics of the extreme wing of the party.

DECEMBER 3, 2021

Death threats, gerrymandering and voter suppression are being normalised by America’s right to keep Trumpism alive

But Trumpism endures too in the party he remade in his own image. He has left behind a Republican party no longer committed to democracy. That sounds hyperbolic but, if anything, it understates the case. Republicans are breaking from the principle that precedes the idea of democracy and is even more fundamental: the belief that arguments between citizens should be resolved by peaceful means. Today’s Republican party is normalising the notion of violence as a means of securing a political outcome. …

**Start with the case of Paul Gosar, the Republican member of Congress for Arizona. He retweeted an anime-style video that depicted him murdering his Democratic colleague, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, as well as swinging a sword at Joe Biden. Appalling though that was, especially at a time when AOC and others face constant threats of violence, more telling was the response of Gosar’s party. When Democrats moved to censure him, only two Republicans voted with them. The 200-odd others [gave Gosar their blessing]

(https://thehill.com/homenews/house/582031-house-votes-to-censure-gosar-and-boot-him-from-committees).**
Earlier, Republicans had had to make a similar decision. Before her election to Congress in 2020, Marjorie Taylor Greene had posted on Facebook a photograph of herself holding a gun next to an image of AOC and two other members of the so-called Squad, made up of left-leaning Democratic women of colour.

Taylor Greene also all but called for the execution of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi. Yet when Democrats voted to kick the Georgia Republican off the various congressional committees she sat on, only 11 members of her party voted with them. The rest stood with her. …

NOVEMBER 29, 2021

By Jeet HeerTwitter

On November 12, while promoting his new book, Betrayal, ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl released an audio recording of a conversation with Donald Trump. Responding to a question about the Capitol rioters who’d chanted “Hang Mike Pence,” Trump said those words were just “common sense,” given the fraudulence of the 2020 election. Two days later, Wyoming Republican Senator John Barrasso, who ran as a moderate but has since swung to the right, was asked by ABC’s George Stephanopoulos about Trump’s comment. Despite repeated prodding, Barrasso kept dodging the issue, emphasizing the need to move on and suggesting that there had been voting irregularities in the 2020 election that merited further investigation.

Barrasso’s dismal performance was even more ominous than Trump’s initial comments.

Trump is Trump, a known quantity. But Barrasso’s cowardly inability to condemn him shows, once again, how thoroughly the Republican Party has been conquered by Trump, whose promotion of political violence now has the tacit approval of almost the entire party apparatus (with the few exceptions, like Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, increasingly pushed to the margins—if not driven out of public office completely). …

June 20, 2022

Chris Hayes: This violent, thuggish intimidation and menace is one of the tools that the Trump faction of right-wing American politics uses for control. And they are now deploying that same thirst for violence as a means of exerting control in the broader Republican Party.

Eric Greitens, a leading contender for the Republican Senate nomination in Missouri, released a new video in which he is depicted as hunting RINOs (Republicans in Name Only). CNN’s SE Cupp has the details. #CNN #News

Founder of Country Over Party Matt Dowd and writer-at-large for the Bulwark Tim Miller react to the Texas GOP showing what happens when the “crazy is let loose” in the Republican Party.

And the real pitiful thing is, I’ll bet if these morons faced actual violence themselves, as in what soldiers faced in battle, they’d probably wet theirs pants and start crying. Look at the police in Uvalde - I’ll bet many if not all were hard core 2nd amendment nuts, but when faced with actual death, they chose to cower in fear instead of charge in and help the children.

Maybe we should come up with a name for these fakers - TINO. Tough in name only.

1 Like

With Cadet Bone Spurs as their leader…

Sounds good to me. :+1:t2:

Texas GOP platform:
“Biden didn’t win,
We want to secede”

For so long, I though GOPers tended towards fascism,
Here, they are Separatists!

Greitens was a Navy Seal who deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. Let’s hope he follows through. :laughing:

I guess, but it sounds like his fellow Navy Seals didn’t think much of him.
I get the feeling he was a free loading show boat - but I wasn’t there. Where you?

BY TRAVIS ZIMPFER ON MARCH 9, 2016

Operation Vigilant Resolve 5326
6 years ago

To all Team Guys: Gents, In the two days since we first put this internal video on an unlisted, several thousand SEALs viewed and forwarded it organically throughout the Community, man to man. In 48 hours, it reached more than 10,000. The intent was never to have this released publicly, but the message nevertheless went viral.

This video represents thousands of SEALs - active duty guys actively pursuing our nation’s enemies or transitioned civilians who have full time jobs but haven’t forgotten what it means to be a “silent professional” - guys with families and other shit to do than worry about the exaggerations of a misguided few.

We are Enlisted operators and Officers who pledged that we will not “advertise the nature of my work nor seek recognition for my actions.”

We are proud of our service but are also fed up having a handful of guys trading that privilege likes whores for recognition and validation. We are the guys that are still welcomed and respected in the Community. We are the brothers and teammates that “turds” wish hadn’t cut them out.

And to be clear: we don’t give a shit about political ambitions or party affiliation. Our ethos is not flexible or conditional.

Our message is clear: Eric – and guys like him – should run on their own record, not ours.

Here’s the deal if anyone is still wondering: Eric Greitens is the Brian Williams of the SEAL Teams. Instead of believing a host of bought and choreographed endorsements, ask guys who ACTUALLY served with him.

We ARE those guys – WE KNOW HIM. We are the nameless, faceless silent professionals who endorse this video and believe that being a SEAL is NOT a resume bullet.

Outsiders may wonder - why take Eric to task? Why give a (poop)? Because “brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold.”

Enough is enough. This conversation is over. The best summary of this video was written by a combat decorated SEAL Chief, who has actually led men in combat: “F•¶k this guy and all those like him.” - Teams and (poop).

Another comment:

Operation Vigilant Resolve 5326
6 years ago

Another quote from Eric Greitens’ Youtube Channel: Oswald Cobblepot 26 minutes ago (edited) Advice for my fellow civilians who cast votes for people like this. A large number of UDT/SEAL Members didn’t just “out” this guy for no reason. They did not just pick his name out of a hat and decide to spend their time creating and distributing a video to discredit all his Service claims. They did it because his bullshitting has gotten so out of control, that it became necessary in order to protect the reputation of the SEAL Teams that was built and payed for in blood by many men who served within.

BUD/S is designed to weed out guys like this but unfortunately some still slip through the cracks.

This is not a “smear campaign” as it is obvious to me that much of these men commenting here are real UDT/SEAL Members and have better things to do than write things on YouTube unless totally compelled to do so like in this case. So do yourselves a favor and use your mouse more and keyboard less. Just because somebody “served” does not give them the right to embellish their service. And if all that isn’t enough, he was a SEAL for two years and wrote 4 books about it, enough said.

What the heck is going on in your head???

‘thatoneguy’ Are you getting ready to go out start blowing away Americans you’ve decided don’t deserve to live on the same planet with you?

That’s not funny. Violence is never the answer and IMHO, the violent person needs some serious help, maybe some time in the hospital with haldol.

A) Just because he was a navy seal doesn’t mean he saw any kind of real action other than training. But B) what’s even scarier is that he WAS elected Governor. And C) this guy’s not uncommon for righties, they all need mental health help.

Here’s one from the New Republican Party"

“If you don’t believe in the country, leave and go somewhere else,” he said. “If it’s the worst state, why are you here? Why don’t you leave ― go to another? There’s, what, 51 more other states that you can go to?”

That’s the way to tell 'em, Hershel!!
GOP Candidate H. Walker

You missed the part about him going to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I didn’t make the commercial, so no – but I see where he’s coming from and it’s not serious.

These guys (and gals like Bohbert and MTG), choose their words carefully. The shock value works, it seems like they did this without getting it reviewed by professionals, but they know what they are doing. The metaphor is obvious to those steeped in gun culture. The people who own lots of guns but never actually killed anyone.

Words like “lock and load” and “bag limit” are thrown around without the actual intent to kill. Unfortunately, there are a few people who don’t get it. They take it seriously and someone like Gabby Gifford gets the bullet.

1 Like

Nobody is going to kill politicians because of this add. Gifford is a bad example because she wasn’t targeted for political reasons.

Oh that’s great, and the twit Greiten ain’t all political.

The blindsidedness is awesome to behold.

nothing to see here

You guess.

The cognitive dissonance must be getting too terrible, now what?
This is actually for the audience more than for my guy pal, trying for some perspective.

As more revelations come out in the Jan. 6th hearings, the threats against committee members increase. Tom Nichols takes a look at the underlying fear from Trump supporters that may be driving the anger.

Maybe not that ad specifically. But the sentiment is being pushed, and the extremists on both sides are hearing it.

A man armed with a pistol, a knife and other weapons was arrested near the Maryland home of Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh early Wednesday after he said he traveled from California to kill the Supreme Court justice, federal officials said…
“Roske indicated that he believed the justice that he intended to kill would side with Second Amendment decisions that would loosen gun control laws,” the affidavit said.

I heard about this guy. The feds say he is mentally ill. Probably not politically motivated.