The End of Advertising

Has anyone else noticed how so many things are claimed to be “game changers” recently? Whether it’s products or cars or TV shows, it seems advertisers have finally reached the pinnacle of grandiosity. There are a couple TV shows that say “this changes everything”, or products making a similar pitch. Anyone else notice this? Are we finally topped out and advertisers might get back to just telling us what their product is?

Has anyone else noticed how so many things are claimed to be "game changers" recently? Whether it's products or cars or TV shows, it seems advertisers have finally reached the pinnacle of grandiosity. There are a couple TV shows that say "this changes everything", or products making a similar pitch. Anyone else notice this? Are we finally topped out and advertisers might get back to just telling us what their product is?
I remember someone saying that about a food blender in some in-store demonstration… musta been 1964 ;-P

Then around '69 they were saying that in San Francisco, but I didn’t know what they were talking about.
Well…, at least not then. :coolhmm:

Has anyone else noticed how so many things are claimed to be "game changers" recently? Whether it's products or cars or TV shows, it seems advertisers have finally reached the pinnacle of grandiosity. There are a couple TV shows that say "this changes everything", or products making a similar pitch. Anyone else notice this? Are we finally topped out and advertisers might get back to just telling us what their product is?
As we become saturated in stimuli, we also become desensitized as thus the marketers have to increase their claims and attempt to increase our endorphins, in order to make the sale. I think the future of advertising will be to "leak" the information as an "escaped secret," in order to make viewers believe they're privy to something that most aren't. I believe large companies will start paying the news media, to promote their product as a late breaking story. "This just in!!! You can find more of my thoughts on this cite under the name NolenTwoHundred!"