The Day the Music Burned

For a quiet evening these will make it complete

and for the world:

I was first turned on to Pat Metheny with “As Falls Wichita …” And then Falcon and the Snowman

Re OP: I vaguely remember the news, but hadn’t recognized the loss at the time.

I think one of the bigger losses of “What could have been” is the murder of John Lennon.

A meditation by Pat Metheny;

“From This Place” Composed and Arranged by Pat Metheny, Lyric by Alison Riley, Pat Metheny: Guitar, Meshell Ndegeocello: Vocal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJZ--WNq_II

One of my favorite guitarists. He played with all the great but he’s not well known.

I saw Jeff Beck a few years back at the “Rocksino” outside of Cleveland - Kind of a small-hall venue!

Great Show!!

@lausten

I just noticed - " At Ronnie Scotts"

Have you seen the whole concert? There’s a recording of it out there. It’s been on cable a few times.

Here is the live version of Tal’s amazing solo

I played the same bass as she, but never as good. Obviously she inspired Beck’s solo…

Here is another one of her little gems. Truth be Told

For the entire album Tal Wilkenfeld Transformation - YouTube

And a little something from the harder side of Jeff Beck

That’ll wake you up on a Sunday morning!

(and in some sense, you can say “He’s Burnin’ It!” … to keep with the OP :wink: )

Have you seen the whole concert?
Nope, just grabbed one of the top hits. The album version is longer. But, no particular reason for choosing the version I posted.

Jeff Beck at his hobby

I saw an interview where he said his hobby inspired the album Guitar Shop.

Another retro by Caro Emerald

I collab’d on a cover of A Night Like This on Bandhub. Couldn’t find it on Youtube - there are others, but not ones I played in. But I did run across another cover we had fun with!

Nice session…

For some Mongolian throat singing. It takes a while to get used to it, then it’ll get you to the Mongolian plains.

From the album, Imaginary Day. A must have in your music library!

As a Follow on to that I picked a Chick Corea YouTube - I don’t think I remember hearing about his death Feb 9, 2021

Return to Forever

(in case the link didn’t work)

Not that I’m real familiar with his works, but I know who he is.

… And Stanley and Lenny - I’ve heard their names.

Return to Forever was one of the most advanced (fusion) jazz bands with each player ranking in the top 5 of the worlds greatest jazz players .

They produced an outstanding body of work, worthy of any library. I had 4 vinyl albums of them, which I believe has been digitally compiled now .

This always reminds me of my time in No Idaho woods. Evenings, clear skies, millions of stars twinkling, and wolves singing in the distance.