The Catholic Church and Its Immigration Hypocrisy

This is an excellent article everyone should read who is interested in migration and the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church on migration.
How Many Immigrants Does Vatican City Take?

I am interested in what you think about this.
Here are a couple of paragraphs from the article.
"Today, Vatican City operates something like a miniature Monaco. Totally surrounded by Rome, the city-state is in no way self-sustaining. Yet it does have a large, unionized workforce, a highly professional diplomatic corps, and a fairly good cash flow (due to support from Catholic parishes).
"What it does not have is any immigrants. Nor refugees. None. I tried to get the Holy See’s official point-of-view on this question by contacting its official representative in the U.S., Archbishop Agostino Cacciavillan, the papal nuncio. His assistant insisted she could answer no questions, and all official questions must be addressed to the archbishop himself in writing. I faxed a few simple questions over in April but received no reply.
“So, is Vatican City too tiny to support even a few immigrants and refugees? If you just concentrate on the state’s absolute size, 108.7 acres, it seems small indeed. But a cursory statistical analysis suggests that many cities in the United States of similar or greater population density are presently doing much more.”
Lois

Who knows if this pope is off the rails or what? Inserting himself into our politics is just ridiculous.
Especially when he does it from another country…from the very country all these people are fleeing through and from.
I can’t come up with enough analogies on how bold that is.
What kind of message is that?
What does that say to the millions of people who wish to stay in the country he’s visiting?
“We want to stay here”.
“Well that’s fine, but lot’s of your countrymen want to leave.”
“They’re refugees and all…”
“I’m not a refugee! I’m living here…10s of millions of us are living here.”
What went wrong through all those hundreds of years of catholic missions down there?
The RC church has had hundreds of years to build god’s country down there. Exclusively too! Almost a monopoly on religion.
So what happened there pope? Hmmn?

Who knows if this pope is off the rails or what? Inserting himself into our politics is just ridiculous. Especially when he does it from another country....from the very country all these people are fleeing through and from. I can't come up with enough analogies on how bold that is. What kind of message is that? What does that say to the millions of people who wish to stay in the country he's visiting? "We want to stay here". "Well that's fine, but lot's of your countrymen want to leave." "They're refugees and all...." "I'm not a refugee! I'm living here...10s of millions of us are living here." What went wrong through all those hundreds of years of catholic missions down there? The RC church has had hundreds of years to build god's country down there. Exclusively too! Almost a monopoly on religion. So what happened there pope? Hmmn?
Good question! Lois

Vatican City can’t take in immigrants because there’s nothing for them to do - no infrastructure to support them. Everyone who lives in the city are either clergy, diplomats or Swiss guards, and there are a limited number of lay jobs (museum staff).
Plus, you have to be Catholic. Vatican City - Wikipedia
Ultimately, VC exists only as a home for the highest clergy and that’s all it needs to be.

One would think that there are refugees from somewhere in the world, who are Catholic, and who would also make good museum staff.

One would think that there are refugees from somewhere in the world, who are Catholic, and who would also make good museum staff.
Maybe, but there's no lack of locals to work those jobs.
Maybe, but there's no lack of locals to work those jobs. I think the Vatican is its own country, thus locals (Italians) would seemingly, technically, be foreigners, just as would anyone else from any other country. Although speaking Italian is probably a plus. So to be fair, it may be a small population to choose from, re: refugees who are Catholic, skilled in museum work, and also speak Italian. Although, I suspect that there are a few other jobs, besides just museum work, e.g., grounds keeping.
Vatican City can't take in immigrants because there's nothing for them to do - no infrastructure to support them. Everyone who lives in the city are either clergy, diplomats or Swiss guards, and there are a limited number of lay jobs (museum staff). Plus, you have to be Catholic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_City#Demographics Ultimately, VC exists only as a home for the highest clergy and that's all it needs to be.
How much infrastructure and how many jobs are there for migrants who have flooded into the other Europan countries? Most of them are stuck in refugee camps. They would certainly be no worse off in the Vatican, and probably a lot better off. Obviously refugees wouldn't "need" to be Catholic. If that were the case Jesus himself and all of the Apostles and NT writers would be barred from Vatican city. Not one of them was a Catholic. Jesus lived and died a Jew.

There are plenty of buildings that could be made to accommodate at least a hundred people or more in Vatican City. Migration is at crisis proportions in Europe. Since the Pope encourages every other country to open its borders to migrants, the least the church could do is make a symbolic gesture instead of being the worst of hypocrites, calling on everyone else to make sacrifices but making an crass exception for itself. Don’t forget, the Vatican is a sovereign nation, which means it is not merely bank, a museum and an administrative center for the church, though it makes that claim when it suits them, but ignores it when it doesn’t. It lost that status when it became a nation and took a seat in the United Nations. It is quick to accept the perks that nationhood offers, but rejects the responsibilities of nationhood. That in itself is a hypocritical stance. If the Church claims it’s above the responsibilities of nationhood, it should rescind its status as a nation. In other words if it’s too small to accept the responsibilities of nationhood it’s too damned small to be a nation.

There are plenty of buildings that could be made to accommodate at least a hundred people or more in Vatican City. Migration is at crisis proportions in Europe. Since the Pope encourages every other country to open its borders to migrants, the least the church could do is make a symbolic gesture instead of being the worst of hypocrites, calling on everyone else to make sacrifices but making an crass exception for itself. Don't forget, the Vatican is a sovereign nation, which means it is not merely bank, a museum and an administrative center for the church, though it makes that claim when it suits them, but ignores it when it doesn't. It lost that status when it became a nation and took a seat in the United Nations. It is quick to accept the perks that nationhood offers, but rejects the responsibilities of nationhood. That in itself is a hypocritical stance. If the Church claims it's above the responsibilities of nationhood, it should rescind its status as a nation. In other words if it's too small to accept the responsibilities of nationhood it's too damned small to be a nation.
You're letting your hatred of Catholicism influence possible solutions. At any rate, it would be better if Europe as a whole shut the door on refugees.
How much infrastructure and how many jobs are there for migrants who have flooded into the other Europan countries? Most of them are stuck in refugee camps. They would certainly be no worse off in the Vatican, and probably a lot better off.
lolwut? There's plenty of infrastructure, but too many refugees.
Obviously refugees wouldn't "need" to be Catholic. If that were the case Jesus himself and all of the Apostles and NT writers would be barred from Vatican city. Not one of them was a Catholic. Jesus lived and died a Jew.
This doesn't matter.

108.7 acres :roll:
I have the feeling most of us would/will turn into hypocrites, once the endless flood of refugees reaches our backyards. :down:
Thought of the moment “sustainability”