San Berdoo Refugee Fruit Salad

The real irony in the whole Syrian Refugee Terrorist debate is
why on Earth would any refugees want to come here?
We got enough home grown killers and shooters to make Paris still look like an upscale day care center.
The fact that people are worried about infiltrators in the refugees is sickeningly myopic in view of the events in this nation.

To add more fuel to the fire - they were a Muslim couple. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/12/03/they-were-a-couple-the-striking-difference-between-the-san-bernardino-suspects-and-other-mass-shooters/

At a press conference Wednesday, San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan identified the suspects killed in the shootout with police as Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27. Hussam Ayloush, executive director of the Council for American-Islamic Relations in Los Angeles, told The Washington Post that Farook and Malik had been married for two years and left their 6-month-old child with Farook’s mother that morning.
This is gonna be good. 8-/

As I have been saying in my defense of the current Syrian refugee admission policy, the focus on making their admission even more rigorous than it already is, because of paranoia, takes away from focus on the ACTUAL ways Daesch infiltration is likely to occur.
And let’s not pussy foot around. San Bernadino was a Daesch influenced attack. But it wasn’t by a Syrian refugee who was vetted for 18 months by a plethora of agencies. It was by a homegrown defector to Daesh and by an infiltrator who came in easily, with a visa, from Saudi Arabia.
There is no fruit salad, here, except for those who can’t think clearly. It is an apple and a poisoned orange.

By fruit salad I mean it’s just a mess. Just a mess.
Half these whackos are not sanctioned by Daesh-they are just influenced-copy cat style.
Just like Mid A said…it just adds fuel to the fire that they were muslim.
It could have been another 2 white teens.

By fruit salad I mean it's just a mess. Just a mess. Half these whackos are not sanctioned by Daesh-they are just influenced-copy cat style. Just like Mid A said...it just adds fuel to the fire that they were muslim. It could have been another 2 white teens.
Well it is certainly a mess. But in this particular case it WAS Muslims who WERE inspired by Daesh. So too many people will get all confused and think that it means we shouldn't allow in ANY Syrian immigrants because they are Muslim and are therefore likely to be terrorists. BUT THAT IS NOT REALITY, because the Syrian refugees are and will be sufficiently vetted. However to your greater point, what is really messed up, in our society, is the amount of gun violence. More Americans are killed by guns, than by Aids, war, illegal drug overdoses, and terrorism COMBINED. And then you have to consider the survivors of gun violence and the TREMENDOUS social and financial costs accrued. It's staggering.
So too many people will get all confused and think that it means we shouldn't allow in ANY Syrian immigrants because they are Muslim and are therefore likely to be terrorists. BUT THAT IS NOT REALITY, because the Syrian refugees are and will be sufficiently vetted.
So what if they get confused? Then what? This is like the 4th time I've seen you press the point about vetting and screening. Do you have personal vested interest in these refugees coming here? Just a question. I'm really curious to find the mechanics behind this yearning to let the refugees come here.
So too many people will get all confused and think that it means we shouldn't allow in ANY Syrian immigrants because they are Muslim and are therefore likely to be terrorists. BUT THAT IS NOT REALITY, because the Syrian refugees are and will be sufficiently vetted.
So what if they get confused? Then what? This is like the 4th time I've seen you press the point about vetting and screening. Do you have personal vested interest in these refugees coming here? Just a question. I'm really curious to find the mechanics behind this yearning to let the refugees come here. It is a sincere commitment to rationality. I have zero vested interests in Syria. I don't personally know any Syrians. I think that it is critical that in our Democracy, people, in general, learn to make accurate discriminations, rather than discriminations based on paranoia or over-generalization.
It is a sincere commitment to rationality. I have zero vested interests in Syria. I don't personally know any Syrians. I think that it is critical that in our Democracy, people, in general, learn to make accurate discriminations, rather than discriminations based on paranoia or over-generalization.
That's doesn't answer my question. If for some reason the refugees don't come here-hypothetically, they'll go somewhere else. Why do you want them to come here?
The real irony in the whole Syrian Refugee Terrorist debate is why on Earth would any refugees want to come here? Ummmmm. Let's see. To commit terroristic acts, do you suppose? Nah, impossible for those following the religion of peace. We got enough home grown killers and shooters to make Paris still look like an upscale day care center. The Paris shooters were not home grown in France. They were immigrants, who may have begged for refugee status then bit the hand that fed, sheltered and clothed them. The woman in the San Bernardino massacre was not "home grown" nor were the Boston Marathon bombers, nor were any of the terrorists involved in any of the terrorist acts on 9/11. The fact that people are worried about infiltrators in the refugees is sickeningly myopic in view of the events in this nation.
Myopia is in the eye of the beholder. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/americanattacks.htm Even "home-grown" terrorists are radicalized by Islam. Islam is apparently the problem, not where the radicalization happens. The man in the San Bernardino massacre had lived in Pakistan. He probably became radicalized there, though it's hard to tell for sure because he might well have been radicalized by his parents, who immigrated into this country, or his mosque. I'm sure they were all properly vetted before being allowed in, including the wife who arrived within the last few years, long after 9/11 and after the Boston bombing as well.
Myopia is in the eye of the beholder. Even "home-grown" terrorists are radicalized by Islam. Islam is apparently the problem, not where the radicalization happens. The man in the San Bernardino massacre had lived in Pakistan. He probably became radicalized there, though it's hard to tell for sure because he might well have been radicalized by his parents, who had immigrated to this country.
Oh yeah. My point being with the abstract Fruit Salad part was to ask, what difference does it make? Crazed teen in movie theater. Crazed, whacked out teen in elementary school, crazed brainwashed muslims, who cares? What a shit world! What a flippin' joke this place is becoming. I agree. It's not in fashion right now to be anti-islamist. Or as the New Left is screaming....ISLAMOPHOBES!! Islam has no place in the decadent West. The West goes against all of their dogma. Yet they keep coming. Ladies walking around like they just walked out of The Cantina in Star Wars. Morons blabbering on like it was The Bronze Age. The New Left is gonna drag you right into it. It's as bad as Ultra Conservatism. The New Left says show compassion and these people will learn to grow and become eclectic too. Or better yet, they're already eclectic, they just aren't being made to feel like they belong. See?

Lois I see you added more red ink replies above in my quote bubble.

Islam has no place in the decadent West. The West goes against all of their dogma. Yet they keep coming. Ladies walking around like they just walked out of The Cantina in Star Wars. Morons blabbering on like it was The Bronze Age.
Is this sarcasm? Because it sounds stupid. Sorry, not in the mood to mince words. You obviously don't know what "Islam" is. You have done no research to understand why there are Muslim terrorists. Here's a good place to start.] What you are calling "Islam" here is a small part of the Muslim world. Muslims have been living in the West for a long time. It was mostly Sufi Muslims that spread the religion as far and wide as it is. Yes of course, being stuck in 7th century morality is a problem, but a lot of people and cultures have that same problem, manifesting in different ways. Stopping Syrian refugees is not going to fix that. Building walls around your country is a 7th century idea.
It is a sincere commitment to rationality. I have zero vested interests in Syria. I don't personally know any Syrians. I think that it is critical that in our Democracy, people, in general, learn to make accurate discriminations, rather than discriminations based on paranoia or over-generalization.
That's doesn't answer my question. If for some reason the refugees don't come here-hypothetically, they'll go somewhere else. Why do you want them to come here? Because the US is part of the world community. It's basic ethics. You do your part. If you don't why should anyone else. Similar to taking action on anthropogenic global warming. If the US does nothing, why should any other nation do something?
So what if they get confused? Then what? This is like the 4th time I've seen you press the point about vetting and screening. Do you have personal vested interest in these refugees coming here? Just a question. I'm really curious to find the mechanics behind this yearning to let the refugees come here. It is a sincere commitment to rationality. I have zero vested interests in Syria. I don't personally know any Syrians. I think that it is critical that in our Democracy, people, in general, learn to make accurate discriminations, rather than discriminations based on paranoia or over-generalization.Its far more critical that we take care of our own problems.
That's doesn't answer my question. If for some reason the refugees don't come here-hypothetically, they'll go somewhere else. Why do you want them to come here? Because the US is part of the world community. It's basic ethics. You do your part. If you don't why should anyone else. Similar to taking action on anthropogenic global warming. If the US does nothing, why should any other nation do something?IOW, humanism.
That's doesn't answer my question. If for some reason the refugees don't come here-hypothetically, they'll go somewhere else. Why do you want them to come here? Because the US is part of the world community. It's basic ethics. You do your part. If you don't why should anyone else. Similar to taking action on anthropogenic global warming. If the US does nothing, why should any other nation do something?IOW, humanism. IOW, Humans are inherently social creatures, despite being individual organisms. A perspective of taking care of one's self alone or of one's nation alone, is a bit delusional. Sure, you take care of yourself first, but if everyone stopped there, no one would ultimately survive. Taking in 10,000 Syrian refugees is no skin off our nose. They will assimilate and contribute. And as far as taking care of our own problems, we seem to be mucking that up, regardless.
Lois I see you added more red ink replies above in my quote bubble.
I know. I had to edit the thing more than once for errors I discovered after it was posted, then I saw that I should have added some other things. I think I was editing at the same time you were in the process of responding, which could be seen as kind of kinky, now that I think about it! I think it's in its final form now, if you want to respond to the final version. Lois

Yeah don’t it all get sooo complicated when no will acknowledge the other’s humanity and reasons for feeling as they do.
Mind you there is a distinct difference between appreciating reasons for people taking actions and justifying those actions.

That's doesn't answer my question. If for some reason the refugees don't come here-hypothetically, they'll go somewhere else. Why do you want them to come here? Because the US is part of the world community. It's basic ethics. You do your part. If you don't why should anyone else. Similar to taking action on anthropogenic global warming. If the US does nothing, why should any other nation do something?IOW, humanism. IOW, Humans are inherently social creatures, despite being individual organisms. A perspective of taking care of one's self alone or of one's nation alone, is a bit delusional. Sure, you take care of yourself first, but if everyone stopped there, no one would ultimately survive. Taking in 10,000 Syrian refugees is no skin off our nose. They will assimilate and contribute. And as far as taking care of our own problems, we seem to be mucking that up, regardless.Humans are social animals within small groups--i.e. tribalism. Helping people from the outgroup is OK sometimes, but not now. Syrians will just end up taking up space that belongs to Americans. Especially young Americans like my generation. Tim, if you want these people here so badly, why don't you and your fellow baby boomers commit suicide and free up some resources.
I think it's in its final form now, if you want to respond to the final version. Lois
No, I got it all, but thanks.