The Art of the Shrill

She’s ba-aack! Just in time to try to save the D’ump from a humiliating defeat in his first ever actual voted contest, in Iowa… a defeat at the hands of an Hispanic Canadian immigrant.
The Irony would be just too delicious, were the D’ump to lose his very first contest to a Cuban Canadian American (who depending on the legal interpretations may not even be eligible to be President.)
The only downside, is that if the rescue effort is successful, we may be exposed to even more of Walin’ Palin’s shrill flights of neo-crypto-conservatist ideological thoughts.

She's ba-aack! Just in time to try to save the D'ump from a humiliating defeat in his first ever actual voted contest, in Iowa... a defeat at the hands of an Hispanic Canadian immigrant. The Irony would be just too delicious, were the D'ump to lose his very first contest to a Cuban Canadian American (who depending on the legal interpretations may not even be eligible to be President.) The only downside, is that if the rescue effort is successful, we may be exposed to even more of Walin' Palin's shrill flights of neo-crypto-conservatist ideological thoughts.
And wouldn't it be a hoot if he selected her as his running mate! Game Change Part 2 with John McCain playing Trump.
She's ba-aack! Just in time to try to save the D'ump from a humiliating defeat in his first ever actual voted contest, in Iowa... a defeat at the hands of an Hispanic Canadian immigrant. The Irony would be just too delicious, were the D'ump to lose his very first contest to a Cuban Canadian American (who depending on the legal interpretations may not even be eligible to be President.) The only downside, is that if the rescue effort is successful, we may be exposed to even more of Walin' Palin's shrill flights of neo-crypto-conservatist ideological thoughts.
And wouldn't it be a hoot if he selected her as his running mate! Game Change Part 2 with John McCain playing Trump. A shrill hoot. I would have to keep my mute button handy or, at least, be ready to scrape nails across a chalkboard, in order to drown out the sound of her voice.

How is this woman not a political liability at this stage?
I don’t get this.
Big risk in my opinion. Big risk.

How is this woman not a political liability at this stage? I don't get this. Big risk in my opinion. Big risk.
Trump took this risk, I think, because he needs to continue his mythos as the ultimate winner. It would ill serve him to be viewed as a LOOZER in his very first election contest. And despite his extraordinary skill in figuring out what to say in order to get people to support him, he is, I think, rather bumfuzzled, when it comes to dealing with authentic, dyed in the wool, evangelicals (who generally make a big difference in the Iowa primary). So he has to go after the other conservative Iowans, and the angry or disenchanted anti-establishment Iowan independents to make up the difference.

I don’t know how much of a factor Independents play in the GOP victory strategy but it must be at least relevant, if not close to necessary.
Palin does not register with the kind of Independents(excluding Tea Party types)that could be willing to throw in for Trump.
And she sure as heck is not a necessary appliance for mainstream GOP voters.
This makes no sense to me.
But whatever, I’m sure that cord can be cut with out any blood. So a quick marketing scheme…
Sometimes Iowa is important…sometimes it’s not.

How is this woman not a political liability at this stage? I don't get this. Big risk in my opinion. Big risk.
There are actually people who like her. I know two right wing nuts who think she's an asset. There are plenty of Republicans who do, but then they'd vote for Hitler as long as he was on a Republican ticket. Here's what one of the right wing nuts wrote. "I now believe I can say without any risk of being wrong that Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee. A lot of Republicans are not ready to believe it, but every time he lobs what I believe is a well considered verbal bomb the mainstream media bites like a school of hungry sharks, jumps all over him and just results in improving his following. "And he will win the Presidency. 1) because he is a genius at getting free media attention - the Democrat will fail miserably in that category because the candidate and the Super Pacs will just execute the same old campaign techniques, will pull no punches in trying to denigrate Trump and will only fuel his popularity. 2) because when the voters actually step back and ask themselves "Trump or Clinton?" or "Trump or Sanders?" it is going to come out Trump as the winner. "This tabloid criticism of Palin backing Trump is just one more example. They would be better served just ignoring Trump, but they can't help themselves. When they criticize Trump because Palin is backing him they totally overlook the fact that a LOT of people really like Palin. By making a big deal of this they are attracting more attention from the Palin followers to Trump. Again he is being talked about on every talk show and every news show across the country. I have said it before and I will probably say it again. He is an absolute marketing genius when it comes to getting free media coverage. And name recognition/media coverage is what it is all about in the end." Lois

Lois, thanks for posting this. I’ve run across exactly one admitted Trump supporter recently and this is the same type of thinking he used. Luckily for the rational among us (and the world for that matter) this type of thinking could win the Republican nomination but will not win the presidential election. The Republicans have done an excellent job of energizing their rabid fan base, but that base has turned on them and is controlling the primaries to the detriment of the Republicans in the upcoming national elections. I know many Republicans who are disgusted with Trump and their party. I suspect a lot of Republicans will either stay home in November o hold their noses and vote Democratic to keep the Orange Menace out of the White House.

I don't know how much of a factor Independents play in the GOP victory strategy but it must be at least relevant, if not close to necessary. Palin does not register with the kind of Independents(excluding Tea Party types)that could be willing to throw in for Trump. And she sure as heck is not a necessary appliance for mainstream GOP voters. This makes no sense to me. But whatever, I'm sure that cord can be cut with out any blood. So a quick marketing scheme.... Sometimes Iowa is important..sometimes it's not.
I think you're correct in your point about Palin and independents. And she does, I think, represent a big risk for Trump, as time goes by. But in the short term, if he can win Iowa, his mythos can be bolstered. He may then have the momentum that he needs to continue to steam roll to the nomination. A bump in his road, in Iowa, could disrupt that. So if he is doing this purposely and thoughtfully, he must recognize that he is employing the strategy of big risk/big reward.
I don't know how much of a factor Independents play in the GOP victory strategy but it must be at least relevant, if not close to necessary. Palin does not register with the kind of Independents(excluding Tea Party types)that could be willing to throw in for Trump. And she sure as heck is not a necessary appliance for mainstream GOP voters. This makes no sense to me. But whatever, I'm sure that cord can be cut with out any blood. So a quick marketing scheme.... Sometimes Iowa is important..sometimes it's not.
I think you're correct in your point about Palin and independents. And she does, I think, represent a big risk for Trump, as time goes by. But in the short term, if he can win Iowa, his mythos can be bolstered. He may then have the momentum that he needs to continue to steam roll to the nomination. A bump in his road, in Iowa, could disrupt that. So if he is doing this purposely and thoughtfully, he must recognize that he is employing the strategy of big risk/big reward.I agree. I saw an interview with him where the interviewer tried to get him to say that SP could be his running mate as VP. He dodged the question like a seasoned politician. If it was something he'd seriously consider he would have come right out and said it "sure it's a possibility, no gaurantees, but a possibility".

Nobody needs Iowa. It’s just a psychological thing. It’s a “good start”. Which definitely has advantages and perks etc…
Whatever…he’s steamrolling right now. It’s his show. He ain’t stupid.

I think you're correct in your point about Palin and independents. And she does, I think, represent a big risk for Trump, as time goes by. But in the short term, if he can win Iowa, his mythos can be bolstered. He may then have the momentum that he needs to continue to steam roll to the nomination. A bump in his road, in Iowa, could disrupt that. So if he is doing this purposely and thoughtfully, he must recognize that he is employing the strategy of big risk/big reward.I agree. I saw an interview with him where the interviewer tried to get him to say that SP could be his running mate as VP. He dodged the question like a seasoned politician. If it was something he'd seriously consider he would have come right out and said it "sure it's a possibility, no gaurantees, but a possibility". He did say that she would be a serious consideration as a cabinet member. And she said that she wants to be Secretary of Energy. Imagine going from Ernest Moniz to Sarah Palin... No! Wait! Don't imagine it! It is too horrible to consider.

The Republican Establishment is getting worked over by the likes of Trump and Cruz. They are fighting back against Cruz, but not much against Trump. Are they getting ready to yield to the Alpha man’s power? Maybe.

The Republican Establishment is getting worked over by the likes of Trump and Cruz. They are fighting back against Cruz, but not much against Trump. Are they getting ready to yield to the Alpha man's power? Maybe.
God only knows.(if you take the meaning...) Sanders vs. Trump 2016!! :coolsmile: That's a win-win for me. What a show that would be!! Either one in office would be great times. Just great times!!
The Republican Establishment is getting worked over by the likes of Trump and Cruz. They are fighting back against Cruz, but not much against Trump. Are they getting ready to yield to the Alpha man's power? Maybe.
God only knows.(if you take the meaning...) Sanders vs. Trump 2016!! :coolsmile: That's a win-win for me. What a show that would be!! Either one in office would be great times. Just great times!! Great? I dunno. Interesting? Probably. How does that old curse go... "May you live in interesting times."

Jezz have you listened to her? That bitch has to be on Meth or something similar
The Original Material Girl Is Back

And Stephen Colbert shows what a consummate professional actor can do with words.
Since I don’t think he was on meth.

Jezz have you listened to her? That bitch has to be on Meth or something similar The Original Material Girl Is Back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LPR7DktumA And Stephen Colbert shows what a consummate professional actor can do with words. Since I don't think he was on meth.
I only made it two minutes into the video. I could feel my brain beginning to atrophy just listening to Palin.
Jezz have you listened to her? That bitch has to be on Meth or something similar The Original Material Girl Is Back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LPR7DktumA And Stephen Colbert shows what a consummate professional actor can do with words. Since I don't think he was on meth.
I only made it two minutes into the video. I could feel my brain beginning to atrophy just listening to Palin. That was just a snippet of Palin's endorsement "speech". She went on and on for a looong time at the endorsement rally. If you could make it through the snippet in this vid, the rest is classic Colbert.
Lois, thanks for posting this. I've run across exactly one admitted Trump supporter recently and this is the same type of thinking he used. Luckily for the rational among us (and the world for that matter) this type of thinking could win the Republican nomination but will not win the presidential election. The Republicans have done an excellent job of energizing their rabid fan base, but that base has turned on them and is controlling the primaries to the detriment of the Republicans in the upcoming national elections. I know many Republicans who are disgusted with Trump and their party. I suspect a lot of Republicans will either stay home in November o hold their noses and vote Democratic to keep the Orange Menace out of the White House.
I hope you're right. Lois
Lois, thanks for posting this. I've run across exactly one admitted Trump supporter recently and this is the same type of thinking he used. Luckily for the rational among us (and the world for that matter) this type of thinking could win the Republican nomination but will not win the presidential election. The Republicans have done an excellent job of energizing their rabid fan base, but that base has turned on them and is controlling the primaries to the detriment of the Republicans in the upcoming national elections. I know many Republicans who are disgusted with Trump and their party. I suspect a lot of Republicans will either stay home in November o hold their noses and vote Democratic to keep the Orange Menace out of the White House.
I hope you're right. Lois I hope so, too. Not long ago, in regards to Presidential politics, I considered myself to be excellent at predicting outcomes. But the contingencies that are converging in this election cycle put my self-perceived predicting skills in a quandary. (Not that I won't keep trying.)