Texas Valedictorian Blasts Cowardly Texas Abortion Law

Science and fact. A 6 weeks embryo has no central nervous system and is not yet an human being. It has the potential to become one.

There is no right to kill and destroy others actually. -- dad1
No civilization has survived without the self-defense principle encoded into law. All major civilizations have armies and sanction killing by them. Where do you stand on the death penalty (and I will quote your Bible when it enforces its laws with that penalty). Why didn't we keep the speed limit at 55? In the 70's we reduced the limit to save gas, it also reduced traffic death. So, are we against the termination of a fetus but for the murder of people who are innocently driving to work?
Others is someone other than yourself. You do not get to label some others as non important or less than human.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwvv8NJmbY

@dad1

Who made that rule? Not God.

Actually, the OT, which was originally written in Hebrew, states life begins at first breath and nephesh is the word for breath, spirit, breath of life. See Gen 2:7. God gave Adam life and the character Adam became a living person. Again though, even most ministers and religious professors will tell you, Genesis is just a story and there is no history to it. It is a tribal story no different from other tribal stories concerning how humans got on planet earth. It’s just a story, but that’s why the Jews consider as when life begins- first breath.

You might as well say no one is human unless they are 24 years old and live in Philadelphia. Such proclamations are worthless. -- dad1
That's a good one. Too bad you aren't intending it to be funny in the way I see it. You say a human is a human because some people said life begins at conception. The Bible does not say that. Unless you have a direct line to God, you didn't hear God say it. That's an arbitrary beginning. What about the egg? Evolution developed us to protect the eggs of the females, and evolution led to the development of culture, including religions. Yet, we treat some women pretty horribly, despite the precious life they carry within them. And we don't always treat living children so great either. It's you who is imposing this logic about conception and enforcing the rule of the sacredness of life in an arbitrary manner.

Actually since Adam was formed by God, His life began somewhere other than a womb. God said be fruitful and multiply and it is clear that babies lives do not begin after being formed in dirt.

-You say a human is a human because some people said life begins at conception.-

A human is sent by God, so we are who we are in the womb also. You have no more right to kill someone not yet out of the womb than you would have any right to whack em later.

-Unless you have a direct line to God, you didn’t hear God say it.-

Jesus gave us a direct line. This is news? His word is directly from God.

-Evolution developed us to protect the eggs of the females-

Except that is fantasy. You were not there to see man’s beginning, and so you cannot comprehend why we are the way we are. You merely insert your beliefs and try to credit them with all things that we are.

-evolution led to the development of culture, including religions-

Prove it! You are making stuff up and pulpit pounding your religion. There is no basis in fact for your claims.

-we don’t always treat living children so great either-

The sin of man does not give you or anyone else the right to murder children. Sorry.

-It’s you who is imposing this logic about conception-

False. It is God that says He made us and loves the children and sends them. It is the people that want to destroy these innocents that have rejected God and His word and the love of God. We did not make it up.

@dad1

You were not there to see man’s beginning, and so you cannot comprehend why we are the way we are. You merely insert your beliefs and try to credit them with all things that we are. - dad1
And that's any different from you, how?

I am not the one who said how it was as if I knew based on nothing. I accept how God says it was.

K, dad1, you are just repeating talking points now. There are a million ways to describe the flaws in your logic and millions of answers to your supposedly rhetorical questions. You are just ignoring evidence, or don’t understand what “demonstrable” means. This is no longer a conversation. Read the rules of this forum, and abide by them. That’s all I ask.

@dad1

Actually since Adam was formed by God, His life began somewhere other than a womb. God said be fruitful and multiply and it is clear that babies lives do not begin after being formed in dirt.

So you’re saying the Jews are wrong and they should follow your views?

So you’re saying the Jews are wrong and they should follow your views?

What I actually said was that Adam was not born in a womb and his life never began in a womb. That means that you cannot compare him to a baby who does start out in the womb. Trying to divert the issue into one of ‘Jews’ is crass and low. I neither know, nor much care what some religions may say on the issue of life or Adam.

–evolution led to the development of culture, including religions–

Prove it! You are making stuff up and pulpit pounding your religion. There is no basis in fact for your claims.

Please, read some history. History of religions is a topic studied by many people, including religious ones.

Christianity evolved from its beginnings to his present state.

Relationship between the church and the Jews evolved also .

For instance, priests were allowed to marry up to the 11th century and church doctrine changed. Reform allowed again priest to wed. The Reform itself has an history, has reasons and the reformed church evolved also .

This changes are the results of events in the man history.

Please, read some history. History of religions is a topic studied by many people, including religious ones.

Christianity evolved from its beginnings to his present state.

Relationship between the church and the Jews evolved also .

For instance, priests were allowed to marry up to the 11th century and church doctrine changed. Reform allowed again priest to wed. The Reform itself has an history, has reasons and the reformed church evolved also .

This changes are the results of events in the man history.

Believers can still marry. Just because some silly church outfit went against nature and the bible does not mean belief and following Jesus evolved! That just means that some churches have departed from the scriptures. That is in fact a sign of latter times. You also indicated that that faith of God (‘religions’) originated by some process of evolution! Absurd. Unsupportable. False.

What I actually said was that Adam was not born in a womb and his life never began in a womb
Let's forget Adam and just start with "life did not begin in a womb". Bingo! you are right. You know what that's called ? Abiogenesis .

Believers can still marry. Just because some silly church outfit went against nature and the bible does not mean belief and following Jesus evolved! That just means that some churches have departed from the scriptures. That is in fact a sign of latter times. You also indicated that that faith of God (‘religions’) originated by some process of evolution! Absurd. Unsupportable. False.
What i say is that religions change, that the the way believers practice their faith change with time. That is pure fact. I gave examples.

And what i say is that religions have an history, that they are born, mature and die. The reasons of the processus can be found in man and in the societies where these religions are born.

You should at least be able to accept the idea that it is true for religions which are not yours.

Historians have shown that Jews did not become monotheists before the 8th century before christ, very roughly, later in fact.

What i say is that religions change, that the the way believers practice their faith change with time. That is pure fact. I gave examples.
True faith and religion and Scripture and God never change. If anyone practices anything against God's word then they are not believing it are they!? They are disobeying. Rebelling. Doing their own thing.

And what i say is that religions have an history, that they are born, mature and die. The reasons of the processus can be found in man and in the societies where these religions are born.
God is not a religion and neither is His word and neither was Jesus. The religious folks were those like the Baal worshippers who got into a frenzy on the mountain cutting themselves and worshipping their god all night. Then a simple man of faith comes along and calls fire down from heaven and burns their wet log to smithereens in a moment! The religious people were the leaders who killed Jesus and had all their traditions and ways that they had evolved.

You should at least be able to accept the idea that it is true for religions which are not yours.
Sure, look at science! That religion changes all the time.

Historians have shown that Jews did not become monotheists before the 8th century before christ, very roughly, later in fact.

False. They string together little fables based on almost nothing. Prove that God’s people did not worship Him!? Abraham? Isaac? Jacob? Totally made up baloney that they did not worship God.

Better called ‘Alieogenesis’! I don’t blame the theory of evilotion for trying to distance themselves from that unsupportable glob of fables and fiction!

True faith and religion and Scripture and God never change. If anyone practices anything against God’s word then they are not believing it are they!? They are disobeying. Rebelling. Doing their own thing.
No, they have become informed as to the real truth. Scripture was written by people who had no idea about science and how things work. It is perfectly acceptable that they made certain assumptions which were later proven wrong or misinterpreted, even if the message was inspired.

Case in point:

On October 27, 2014, Pope Francis issued a statement at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences that "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation," warning against thinking of God's act of creation as "God [being] a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_and_the_Catholic_Church#
Better called ‘Alieogenesis’! I don’t blame the theory of evilotion for trying to distance themselves from that unsupportable glob of fables and fiction!
Clever turn of phrases, brilliant! On second thought it is a little pathetic that someone has to resort to such lame attempts of humor without making a cogent argument.

Better be careful, you might offend some of your modern fellow worshipers and be excommunicated talking about the Pope like that when he was addressing the Pontifical Academy of Sciences in his official capacity as Magisterium and spokesman for God!

And much worse, you may become known as an ignorant fool who is unable to see the allegorical nature of scripture and refuses to recognize truth when it stares him in the face.

You just have no idea that all you have is a God of the gaps which have not yet been filled by science.

If you want to preach moral messages contained in Scripture you are welcome and I may even join you in some of that effort. But please stay away from science. Your Judeo-Christian books (OT + NT+ Quran + Book of Mormons) are not scientific instruments. They are allegorical moral cautionary tales.

Hey @dad1. You might want to read the rules again. There’s a big blue button at the top of this screen. Search on “abuse” and “abusive” and note it is the PATTERN of behavior. Your pattern is pretty clear, which brings to mind rule 3b, about repetitive posting. If nothing else, slow it down. We get your theme.

Here are a bunch of quotes from you, showing the pattern:

dull witted comedy

glob of fables and fiction

made up baloney

you have displayed a complete lack of understanding

Try to be truthful.

That is an insane response

So if you think you can reply to that inquiry, we wait!

Try to remember that some people here are adults and require serious replies

Did you really think you would get brownie points for making prophesy??

Try not to express baseless opinion as fact.\

This one for repetition: You have evidence the Almighty is imaginary then? Let’s see it.

I try to make it about ideas and not get personal.

That last one, I’m sure you think this, but it’s not seeming that way to us. Maybe try a little harder to “make it about ideas”.