Supreme Court Justice Thomas's right wing extremist insurrection loving wife Ginni Thomas

I was just reading about that Here

“This is a fight of good versus evil. Evil always looks like the victor until the King of Kings triumphs. Do not grow weary in well doing. The fight continues. I have staked my career on it. Well at least my time in DC on it.”

It’s like some kind of bizarre cult-virus has been spreading.

sure like to be a fly on the wall in the Thomas household … or some kind of bug :wink:

Except that they don’t leave it for God to judge but take matters in own hand because God told them it was a good idea.

This is how religious persecution starts. Humans believing that God gives them the right to do His Holy business!

Justice Thomas should recuse himself (resign) from the Supreme Court.
He is no longer at arms length in the separation of Church and State.

1 Like

March 24, 2022

“If you were wondering why Republican Senators sounded like QAnon-obsessives in the confirmation hearing for Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, it is because, apparently, that is exactly the constituency they are catering to.”

You really had the inside track on this last month, didn’t you CC?

How much louder of a hint could she have dropped, “Hey, it’s me, I sleep with a SCOTUS Justice, challenge the election, you know like Bush did, when he became President without the popular vote, thanks to the SCOTUS. <wink, wink>”

Maybe she does do all the thinking for Judge Thomas, he always seemed a bit slow.
Too bad she’s an extremist wing nut and a traitor to her country, and Clarence, well, perhaps he’s nothing more than a skirt chaser at heart, who knew a good job when his wife saw one for him.

The more I learn about her, I’m surprised she and Thomas are married.

The more we learn the more bizarre it gets.

But, how about happy Tuesdays with a few words from Stephen Colbert.
Though it comes with an introduction to John Eastman, who deserves his own dedicated post here at CFI considering the length and breath of his crazy definitely treasonous reasoning. Insurrectionist in Chief, is probably not putting it too outlandishly, considering the trail he’s left behind, the trail that is littered with evidence that’s slowly coming into focus. Will gets an honorable mention.

I read a petition email that was titled “Impeach Clarence Thomas” and of course the body dealt with his wife telling him how to rule in various cases. Did I sign the email. No, not yet at least and I’m not sure I will because I’m not certain how impeaching a Supreme Court judge would go. I don’t think such a judge has ever been impeached.

…and as an email, what does it really accomplish?

Get your name on another spammers list?

2 Likes

Maybe. As I said, I didn’t click the link to sign the petition. I just don’t see how that is going to solve the problem of Thomas and his wife.

So what do you think. Will this whole affair change any Republican mind?
Like,

Wow, this Election Lie thing really is over the top and maybe I got it all wrong and and trump isn’t a good guy and the Left Wing aren’t such demons after all.

A lot of Republicans quit during Trump. Many were pushed out because he had control over the big money. I don’t is the minds that need to be changed. It’s so hard the power

Justice Thomas Ruled on Election Cases. Should His Wife’s Texts Have Stopped Him?

By Adam Liptak - March 25, 2022

The nature of the text messages was enough to require recusal, legal experts said. But the Supreme Court has traditionally left such decisions to the discretion of the justice in question.

"… But Justice Thomas did participate in a ruling in January on an emergency application from Mr. Trump asking the court to block release of White House records concerning the attack on the Capitol. The court rejected the request, in a sharp rebuke to the former president.

Only Justice Thomas noted a dissent, giving no reasons.

He also participated in the court’s consideration of whether to hear a related appeal, one in which Mr. Meadows filed a friend-of-the-court brief saying that “the outcome of this case will bear directly” on his own efforts to shield records from the House committee investigating the attacks beyond those he had provided.

The Supreme Court last month refused to hear the case, without noted dissent. There was no indication that Justice Thomas had recused himself. …"

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell speaks to Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe about the mounting pressure that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is facing after text messages his wife sent in the lead-up to the January 6th Capitol riot were made public.

Brooking Institute, has a pretty weird take, that adds up to Supreme Court Justices being above any sort of accounting - rather absolutist sounding - something that seems blatantly unAmerican and fortunately seems plenty other legal scholars disagree.

… The Judicial Conference Rules for administering the Judicial Conduct Act say that “misconduct does not include an allegation that calls into question the correctness of a judge’s ruling, including a failure to recuse ” (Rule 4(b)(1)). In other words, parties can only challenge a judge’s failure to recuse as they would any other judicial decision—by appealing that decision to a higher court.

Obviously, there is no higher court to which litigants can appeal a justice’s recusal decision. …"

But trump’s people promised us, his victory was inevitable.
The only think inevitable is the wreckage Trumpster’s Supremacists leave in their wake.

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is the utter hypocrisy and disregard for the truth, on all sides of the political spectrum - there is no actual rule of law, and what little there is that parades as it, is barely if at all “blind”. And yet we praise the US as some haven of justice and law and order. Then again maybe all this will help expose the myth.

Yeah, pretty sad.
The beat goes on.

The New Yorker’s Jane Mayer joins MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell to discuss why it “doesn’t seem possible” that Clarence Thomas didn’t know his wife’s role in sending text messages to Mark Meadows.

Influence peddler. It gets more interesting, in a Stephen King sort of way.

> So, how did someone like that, end up with that much power in the first place?

Ginni Thomas has functioned as a key link between the furthest fringes of the conspiracy theory-believing right and the absolute centers of power—including the Supreme Court and the White House.

So, she’s a genuine cultist type? Go figure.

A story worth keeping up on.

Justice Clarence Thomas Has A Ginni Problem, April 4, 2022

The behavior of the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is raising serious ethical red flags, and some Democrats are calling for him to recuse himself. The Nation’s justice correspondent Elie Mystal joined American Voices with Alicia Menendez to discuss why Justice Thomas is in hot water.

After a long day of work, I should be going to bed, but first check the latest from the files of This Is Your Life Ginni Thomas.

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell says “we are living through what feels like the end of the Supreme Court as we know it” while detailing the new Washington Post report that Virginia Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, was in contact with Trump-linked attorney John Eastman who was behind the plot to get Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 election on January 6.

The committee is also reviewing emails between Mr. Eastman and Virginia Thomas, the wife of Justice Thomas. Ms. Thomas was an outspoken supporter of Mr. Trump and in the period after Election Day sent a barrage of text messages to the Trump White House urging efforts to reverse the outcome and supported a variety of efforts to keep Mr. Trump in office.

It was not immediately clear when the communications took place between Ms. Thomas and Mr. Eastman or what they discussed. The existence of the emails between Mr. Eastman and Ms. Thomas was reported earlier by The Washington Post.

as an aside,

Loudermilk Is Obligated To Come In And Testify Says Joyce Vance

Former U.S. attorney Joyce Vance, former assistant U.S. attorney for SDNY Dan Goldman, Washington Post national investigative reporter Carol Leonnig, and former FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok discuss the January 6th select committee releasing surveillance footage of Rep. Loudermilk’s Capitol tour on January 5th.