Southern Culture on the Skids

You Make Me Want to Walk Like a Camel]
Possibly the best band name of all time. And the song is great too. Little Debby, Little Debby! I’m a comin’ on home baby.
Put on yer headphones and crank it to 11.

“Where’s my Captain’s Wafers?”
Odd, very odd.
I like music that doesn’t fit a mold.
There’s no mold for that is there?

Nope, there ain’t no mold for that.
The wafers may be in the day old Banana Pudding]
Ain’t that a slippery groove? Somethin’ funky with the skin on top.
I love this band.

I’m gonna booglerize ya baby!]
Darron you probably know this one already.
But here it goes anyways.
Here’s a stinkin’ groove… :coolsmile:
Beefheart. Great Stuff!

Wahoo! Captain Beefheart is one of my favorites. Autumn’s Child] is one of my favorite songs of all time.
And Safe as Milk] provided the riffs for most of the 1980s hair bands.

Wahoo! Captain Beefheart is one of my favorites. Autumn's Child] is one of my favorite songs of all time. And Safe as Milk] provided the riffs for most of the 1980s hair bands.
I've got Safe as Milk, Trout Mask Replica, and The A&M Recordings. I need more. I got him on Zappa Live in Austin(Armadillo, 1976) too.

My wife and I had brunch at the local Kerby Lane cafe in Austin this morning. They played the entire Doc at the Radar Station album while we were eating. I recognized the guitar style and vocals, but had to come home and go though my Beefheart collection in iTunes to identify the album. Aside from the excellent food this is another reason I love Kerby Lane.

My wife and I had brunch at the local Kerby Lane cafe in Austin this morning. They played the entire Doc at the Radar Station album while we were eating. I recognized the guitar style and vocals, but had to come home and go though my Beefheart collection in iTunes to identify the album. Aside from the excellent food this is another reason I love Kerby Lane.
Oh yes. Kerby Lane. The memories. The pancakes. The omelets. The Austin vibe. Ahhhhh... Many Moons ago. A different time and space.

I remember hearing a few songs from this band years ago. Had to look them up again on Youtube. I rather like them.