So Who Was This Jesus of the Bible

This was brought up in another thread], however it deserves it’s own spin off.
It was said…

Jesus, he is one of my heroes. But of course you are talking about the Jesus of Paul and John. I am talking about the real Jesus.
Jesus had a driving agenda and it was about gaining power. And it was his way of going after that power that showed his genius.
Do tell us more, how did Jesus go after 'Power'? Which power did he go after? For what purpose? Power to do what? Mind you, if you are implying an actual human and his one life, then you have to extract 2000 years worth of layers others have applied to him. Mike, you got any conception of what I'm talking about there?
This was brought up in another thread], however it deserves it's own spin off. It was said...
Jesus, he is one of my heroes. But of course you are talking about the Jesus of Paul and John. I am talking about the real Jesus.
Jesus had a driving agenda and it was about gaining power. And it was his way of going after that power that showed his genius.
Do tell us more, how did Jesus go after 'Power'? Which power did he go after? For what purpose? Power to do what? Mind you, if you are implying an actual human and his one life, then you have to extract 2000 years worth of layers others have applied to him. Mike, you got any conception of what I'm talking about there?
Where does one find "the REAL Jesus"?

Hi CC, just noticed this thread. I will be glad to answer any question you have. I will have to get back to this in a little while when I have more time. But, luckily we don’t have to peel back 2000 years of layers. I can’t be exact on dates right now because I loaned out my copy of the Lost Gospel so I will have to quote from memory. Loaned to my pastor, I will ask him to bring it to church Sunday. Then I can be more exact. How do you want me to answer, in details, which can take up some space or quick and dirty?

Don't know, Mike was going to get back to me on that, but get that scoundrel of preachers has absconded with his book. It's a mystery to me.
I suppose we can find the fake one and say: "Not that, not that." :)
Then I can be more exact. How do you want me to answer, in details, which can take up some space or quick and dirty?
Not usually an advocate for resurrecting dead threads, but there was a question left unanswered here. (and it's only a month old). My answer would be, don't answer it at all Mike. If you are going to quote a source that we've already discredited, what would be the point? Certainly don't bother doing that from memory. Actual page number would be best. It will make it easier for us to respond to the made-up, (oh sorry, "lost") quotes.
Not usually an advocate for resurrecting dead threads, but there was a question left unanswered here. (and it's only a month old).
Well, if we are talking bout Jesus.. it's been done before, I bet. For maybe 2000 years... right? Talk about your "dead thread"... lol. Talk about a "resurrection".. even loler. Maybe your interlocutor is seeking some help. To many people, Christian apologetic is brand spanking new. :)
Don't know, Mike was going to get back to me on that, but get that scoundrel of preachers has absconded with his book. It's a mystery to me. I will try to post again. Just about all my post are rejected as spam. Maybe this one will get by. My computer is clean. Sorry but I have tried to answer most of the posts.
Don't know, Mike was going to get back to me on that, but get that scoundrel of preachers has absconded with his book. It's a mystery to me. Let’s see if this will pass the spam test today! No, not letting me post! Sorry.
Isn't Jesus's power mostly miracle power? Isn't every miracle from his sneaky birth to his death defying rise from the grave his claim to power "over" everyone?
Interesting post there J. I've done a lot of things in my life, but, paintball at a wedding? I was discussing this with friends the other night, me trying to explain Richard Carrier's theory in brief. It says Jesus began as a spirit being, and the only thing he "did" was to descend a level or two from heaven, trick the evil powers into sacrificing him, and that released us good people from our curse of sin. All we have to do is believe it. Now, try to get a modern person to really buy into that. But, make him flesh and blood, and have him win debates against lawyers and priests, now you got something. You can still believe the crucifixion caused a miracle, or you can say it's symbolic, and sit next to each other and sing from the same hymnal. So, yes, I think it's all "miracle power", but they were in the right place at the right time, as this new idea of history was developing and they updated with the times, and continued to do that through the centuries.