So frustrating!

Sadly with all the sources of misinformation available, confirmation bias has never been easier. People don’t want to change their minds, they want to be correct. I still don’t understand why so many people have such a difficult time being wrong.
I believe MacGyver mentioned it would be nice to have some sort of ‘certification’ system for websites, et al. I like the idea. However I’m not sure it would work because websites/sources we trust others don’t. There’s lot of folks who don’t trust da gub-ber-ment so sites like the CDC, FDA, et al. don’t mean anything to them. They like Dr. Oz and Mercola because they tell folks what they want to hear. If only people would realize how much money they throw away on fake remedies… Then again, that would be admitting they were wrong and foolish and we certainly can’t have folks poor delicate egos squashed in such a manner. :wink:
Take care,
Derek

I believe you participated in one group whose message is not an accurate representation of what I will call the shift, the awakening, the ascension, beginning of the new world December 21st, 2012, Christ Consciousness whatever.
Christ Consciousness . . . well that makes it clear as mud.
The depressing part was that I expect Trekkies to have above average intelligence. This guy was practically begging people to discuss this with him, so asked a few obvious questions. He responded to each by posting another link! I finally got frustrated and told him, "Listen, discussion is two people talking to EACH OTHER! I don't care what Oprah Winfrey thinks or what Shirley Maclaine thinks, I want to know what YOU think, in your own words!" He responded with ANOTHER LINK! And instantly got promoted to my Ignore list!

That was another side of my frustration as well. My friend stated that she thinks vaccines are dangerous. Someone else posted why? She then basically said, ‘Well, search Google and you’ll see.’
Umm… So she makes a claim and then expects those who don’t share that conviction to convince themselves of the validity of her argument?!
(Hmm… I’m going to need to do some repairs to the wall. Where’s my taping knife and some spackle?) :slight_smile:
Take care,
Derek

I believe MacGyver mentioned it would be nice to have some sort of ‘certification’ system for websites, et al. I like the idea.
It has an appeal. Problem is, who decides???? You might find yourself not liking the answer to that question.
I believe MacGyver mentioned it would be nice to have some sort of ‘certification’ system for websites, et al. I like the idea.
It has an appeal. Problem is, who decides???? You might find yourself not liking the answer to that question.
The body of experts could be made up of whomever you trust. A government sponsored system should ideally be managed by experts in the field who rely on evidence based medicine much as the USPSTF does now when recommending screening tests only this agency could evaluate web sites. There would no doubt be controversy from the alt med community but if the group sticks with the method the USPSTF uses the scientific community would most likely support it. Then the rational public would at least have some guidance that they dont get now. There is not much we can do for the rest.
I’m so annoyed with irrational people at the moment!! People whom I know personally… And then I ‘discover’ they have some bizarre notion about reality.
THANK YOU!!!!!!! Someone finally says what I always wanted to say! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6w9Hn8Jg5s