shooting up the evening news

It’s funny how a song can be playing in the background while you’re busy with something else, but then a line comes along that just smacks ya right upside the head.
I don’t even know which Jackson Browne song it is, but it’s a great line.

“Your dad’s in the living room shooting up the evening news."
Made me think of all those plugged into the the Murdock mass media empire and what they have done to help screw democracy - and our futures. And all those stupefyingly brain-washing people IV’ed into these self-interested manipulators. Even worse that entire right-wing "Think Tank" community who's mission is PR and lobbying lobbying for their interests only and outshouting everything else. Nothing about learning or dealing with a changing global reality. Their self-interest is the only thing in their world, the rest be damned. :down: {typo or spell check gone crazy who knows}

This all began in 1919 when Germany sent one man to U.S. who spent large amounts of money supporting the German America Society and many other groups and caused news articles to be written in favor of Germany.
He gave our political machine and military two black-eyes. By the time of the Second World War, the US was forbidden by law to send troops or be involved in Europe’s wars. We learned fast, thus was started Economic Warfare by secret departments to control the news and flow of money in the US and elsewhere.

Actually this thread is about what happened to USA’s once proud Fourth Estate.
Once again facts is facts, and ya totally miss the point. okay I take that back. That’s not true. Guess you just piss me off.
Not to say the roots don’t run deep

Actually this thread is about what happened to USA's once proud Fourth Estate. Once again facts is facts, and ya totally miss the point. okay I take that back. That's not true. Guess you just piss me off. Not to say the roots don't run deep
Sorry, for pissing you off. That is not my intent. I even posted the data to help you deal with the news forecasts in the fact that it is the government and not the private business behind these controls. The Fourth Estate is very active, but being operated by our secret departments. Decades past I was wondering how all of this worked and come about. So I researched how a NSA banker operates. In other words I followed the money. I followed a guy name John R Petty. He was the young NSA banker on J. P. Morgan board, assigned from a branch of the Army. After the war he was sent to Texas to close down all the radio and newspapers that would not be bought out and would not fall in line with syndicated news. Of course, this was all being done in secrecy. He is also on the list of 300 people that can change the newscasts if the data is deemed to be psychological damaging to the United States. If it will help, I will clue you in on the fact that the political system is rigged. That should make you happy because Hilary is going to win. So just chill out a little bit. You are going to get all your free government stuff and the empty promises to fix all the problems. But don’t give up, keep asking questions and digging for data. You really have a skill for research. I sure miss Dusty. Dusty could keep focused on the facts. But I think Dusty pissed you off too.

Oh yea, now I remember why you piss me off. You are such a jerk. Not to mention the deluded parts.
Oh and the free talking about things you have no clue about.
But so it goes with serious right-wing types, build their straw men to their own liking and do as they will, to hell with what’s going on in the real world.

Actually this thread is about what happened to USA's once proud Fourth Estate. Once again facts is facts, and ya totally miss the point. okay I take that back. That's not true. Guess you just piss me off. Not to say the roots don't run deep
Sorry, for pissing you off. That is not my intent. I even posted the data to help you deal with the news forecasts in the fact that it is the government and not the private business behind these controls. The Fourth Estate is very active, but being operated by our secret departments. Decades past I was wondering how all of this worked and come about. So I researched how a NSA banker operates. In other words I followed the money. I followed a guy name John R Petty. He was the young NSA banker on J. P. Morgan board, assigned from a branch of the Army. After the war he was sent to Texas to close down all the radio and newspapers that would not be bought out and would not fall in line with syndicated news. Of course, this was all being done in secrecy. He is also on the list of 300 people that can change the newscasts if the data is deemed to be psychological damaging to the United States. If it will help, I will clue you in on the fact that the political system is rigged. That should make you happy because Hilary is going to win. So just chill out a little bit. You are going to get all your free government stuff and the empty promises to fix all the problems. But don’t give up, keep asking questions and digging for data. You really have a skill for research. I sure miss Dusty. Dusty could keep focused on the facts. But I think Dusty pissed you off too. Is our political system rigged when right wingers get elected, too? Was it rigged when George Bush got elected, Ronald Reagan? Republican members of Congress? Republican governors? Were Chris Christie's elections as NJ governor rigged? Was Trump's nomination rigged? Or are nominatioms and oelections rigged only when Democrats win, but when Republicans win, everything is on the up and up? Is that how it works? Do you know how rigging works? Who's in charge of rigging? Do you know how "the media" works to help rig elections? "The media" must change it's rigging process for every election, even during elections. I wonder how that's done. You must know since you claim to know so much about rigging elections. Why not let us in on it? Lois
Is our political system rigged when right wingers get elected, too?
Funny you bring that up Lois. There is the monster ALEC, a story in rigging legislation and local elections.
http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_Exposed Through the corporate-funded American Legislative Exchange Council, global corporations and state politicians vote behind closed doors to try to rewrite state laws that govern your rights. These so-called "model bills" reach into almost every area of American life and often directly benefit huge corporations. In ALEC's own words, corporations have "a VOICE and a VOTE" on specific changes to the law that are then proposed in your state. DO YOU? Numerous resources to help us expose ALEC are provided below. We have also created links to detailed discussions of key issues, which are available on the left.
But they are trying to pretend to clean up their act
'Dark money': ALEC wants image makeover The goal is to reduce negative perceptions about anonymous contributions. By Tarini Parti 07/30/15 05:15 AM EDT Updated 07/30/15 Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/alec-koch-brothers-dark-money-anonymous-donation-120784#ixzz4GePlPj3i Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook The Koch brothers-backed group that helped launch the push for voter ID laws and “stand your ground" statutes has a new project: defending the anonymous “dark money" in politics. The American Legislative Exchange Council, composed of conservative state lawmakers and corporations, devoted part of its annual conference last week to turning around negative perceptions about anonymous contributions. In an audio tape obtained by POLITICO, panelists at the San Diego event lament a movement gaining traction in state and local governments to require more disclosure of donations to politically active nonprofits, which are expected to spend hundreds of millions in the 2016 election. According to the audio, speakers stressed that groups pushing for disclosure were strategic in labeling anonymous spending “dark money," “conjuring images of shady operatives in smoke-filled rooms" in the minds of voters to boost their cause. “Seems to me that by using the term ‘dark money’ in this discussion we are buying into their arguments," said one state senator at the session. “If the media were to call it something better such as ‘anonymous free speech money’ or something else. Somebody needs to come up with a better label than ‘dark money.’" Other speakers also acknowledged that disclosure advocates have waged a more successful public relations campaign in influencing voters’ opinion on the issue, and that it’s time for their side to step it up as more statehouses propose disclosure laws. At least 125 campaign finance reform bills — many of them dealing specifically with disclosure — had been introduced in 33 statehouses in the first half of the year, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics. And a recent New York Times/CBS poll found that three-quarters of self-identified Republicans support requiring more disclosure by outside spending organizations. But participants at the ALEC conference, including many state legislators, talked about the need to counter arguments about transparency in political fundraising by referencing the “chilling effect" disclosure can have on giving. ... (and so on and so forth)
Sorry, for pissing you off. That is not my intent. I even posted the data to help you deal with the news forecasts in the fact that it is the government and not the private business behind these controls. The Fourth Estate is very active, but being operated by our secret departments. Decades past I was wondering how all of this worked and come about. So I researched how a NSA banker operates. In other words I followed the money. I followed a guy name John R Petty. He was the young NSA banker on J. P. Morgan board, assigned from a branch of the Army. After the war he was sent to Texas to close down all the radio and newspapers that would not be bought out and would not fall in line with syndicated news. Of course, this was all being done in secrecy. He is also on the list of 300 people that can change the newscasts if the data is deemed to be psychological damaging to the United States. If it will help, I will clue you in on the fact that the political system is rigged. That should make you happy because Hilary is going to win. So just chill out a little bit. You are going to get all your free government stuff and the empty promises to fix all the problems. But don’t give up, keep asking questions and digging for data. You really have a skill for research. I sure miss Dusty. Dusty could keep focused on the facts. But I think Dusty pissed you off too. Is our political system rigged when right wingers get elected, too? Was it rigged when George Bush got elected, Ronald Reagan? Republican members of Congress? Republican governors? Were Chris Christie's elections as NJ governor rigged? Was Trump's nomination rigged? Or are nominatioms and oelections rigged only when Democrats win, but when Republicans win, everything is on the up and up? Is that how it works? Do you know how rigging works? Who's in charge of rigging? Do you know how "the media" works to help rig elections? "The media" must change it's rigging process for every election, even during elections. I wonder how that's done. You must know since you claim to know so much about rigging elections. Why not let us in on it? Lois Let’s just take this in steps. Answer this question. Do you think Lois Lerner was rigging the election?
Oh yea, now I remember why you piss me off. You are such a jerk. Not to mention the deluded parts. Oh and the free talking about things you have no clue about. But so it goes with serious right-wing types, build their straw men to their own liking and do as they will, to hell with what's going on in the real world.
You talk about reality, just look at you postings on climate change. When ask what you would do to fix the problem. You have no answer. You just seem to run around pointing fingers of blame and calling people names and getting pissed off. So why should your outlook on the political structure be any different?
Sorry, for pissing you off. That is not my intent. I even posted the data to help you deal with the news forecasts in the fact that it is the government and not the private business behind these controls. The Fourth Estate is very active, but being operated by our secret departments. Decades past I was wondering how all of this worked and come about. So I researched how a NSA banker operates. In other words I followed the money. I followed a guy name John R Petty. He was the young NSA banker on J. P. Morgan board, assigned from a branch of the Army. After the war he was sent to Texas to close down all the radio and newspapers that would not be bought out and would not fall in line with syndicated news. Of course, this was all being done in secrecy. He is also on the list of 300 people that can change the newscasts if the data is deemed to be psychological damaging to the United States. If it will help, I will clue you in on the fact that the political system is rigged. That should make you happy because Hilary is going to win. So just chill out a little bit. You are going to get all your free government stuff and the empty promises to fix all the problems. But don’t give up, keep asking questions and digging for data. You really have a skill for research. I sure miss Dusty. Dusty could keep focused on the facts. But I think Dusty pissed you off too. Is our political system rigged when right wingers get elected, too? Was it rigged when George Bush got elected, Ronald Reagan? Republican members of Congress? Republican governors? Were Chris Christie's elections as NJ governor rigged? Was Trump's nomination rigged? Or are nominatioms and oelections rigged only when Democrats win, but when Republicans win, everything is on the up and up? Is that how it works? Do you know how rigging works? Who's in charge of rigging? Do you know how "the media" works to help rig elections? "The media" must change it's rigging process for every election, even during elections. I wonder how that's done. You must know since you claim to know so much about rigging elections. Why not let us in on it? Lois Let’s just take this in steps. Answer this question. Do you think Lois Lerner was rigging the election? "The U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI began an investigation into the IRS controversy in May 2013.[30] In October 2015, the DOJ announced that the Department was closing the investigation and would not seek any criminal charges related to the IRS controversy. The determination came after an investigation of almost two years, in which the DOJ and FBI interviewed more than 100 witnesses and reviewed more than a million pages of IRS documents.[1] "In a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Republican of Virginia, announcing the case closure, Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs Peter J. Kadzik wrote that while "our investigation uncovered substantial evidence of mismanagement, poor judgment, and institutional inertia...Not a single IRS employee reported any allegation, concern or suspicion that the handling of tax-exempt applications—or any other IRS function—was motivated by political bias, discriminatory intent, or corruption." Kadzik wrote "We found no evidence that any IRS official acted based on political, discriminatory, corrupt, or other inappropriate motives that would support a criminal prosecution."[31] Kadzik stated that the investigation specifically absolved Lerner of criminal liability, and determined that Lerner was in fact the first official to recognize a problem and try and correct it. "Reactions to the investigation's conclusions were split along partisan lines." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Lerner So in answer to your question, no. I agree with the FBI's and Bob Goodlatte's conclusions and statements. Now back to my questions. Do you have any rational answers?
Sorry, for pissing you off. That is not my intent. I even posted the data to help you deal with the news forecasts in the fact that it is the government and not the private business behind these controls. The Fourth Estate is very active, but being operated by our secret departments. Decades past I was wondering how all of this worked and come about. So I researched how a NSA banker operates. In other words I followed the money. I followed a guy name John R Petty. He was the young NSA banker on J. P. Morgan board, assigned from a branch of the Army. After the war he was sent to Texas to close down all the radio and newspapers that would not be bought out and would not fall in line with syndicated news. Of course, this was all being done in secrecy. He is also on the list of 300 people that can change the newscasts if the data is deemed to be psychological damaging to the United States. If it will help, I will clue you in on the fact that the political system is rigged. That should make you happy because Hilary is going to win. So just chill out a little bit. You are going to get all your free government stuff and the empty promises to fix all the problems. But don’t give up, keep asking questions and digging for data. You really have a skill for research. I sure miss Dusty. Dusty could keep focused on the facts. But I think Dusty pissed you off too. Is our political system rigged when right wingers get elected, too? Was it rigged when George Bush got elected, Ronald Reagan? Republican members of Congress? Republican governors? Were Chris Christie's elections as NJ governor rigged? Was Trump's nomination rigged? Or are nominatioms and oelections rigged only when Democrats win, but when Republicans win, everything is on the up and up? Is that how it works? Do you know how rigging works? Who's in charge of rigging? Do you know how "the media" works to help rig elections? "The media" must change it's rigging process for every election, even during elections. I wonder how that's done. You must know since you claim to know so much about rigging elections. Why not let us in on it? Lois Let’s just take this in steps. Answer this question. Do you think Lois Lerner was rigging the election? "The U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI began an investigation into the IRS controversy in May 2013.[30] In October 2015, the DOJ announced that the Department was closing the investigation and would not seek any criminal charges related to the IRS controversy. The determination came after an investigation of almost two years, in which the DOJ and FBI interviewed more than 100 witnesses and reviewed more than a million pages of IRS documents.[1] "In a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Republican of Virginia, announcing the case closure, Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs Peter J. Kadzik wrote that while "our investigation uncovered substantial evidence of mismanagement, poor judgment, and institutional inertia...Not a single IRS employee reported any allegation, concern or suspicion that the handling of tax-exempt applications—or any other IRS function—was motivated by political bias, discriminatory intent, or corruption." Kadzik wrote "We found no evidence that any IRS official acted based on political, discriminatory, corrupt, or other inappropriate motives that would support a criminal prosecution."[31] Kadzik stated that the investigation specifically absolved Lerner of criminal liability, and determined that Lerner was in fact the first official to recognize a problem and try and correct it. "Reactions to the investigation's conclusions were split along partisan lines." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Lerner So in answer to your question, no. I agree with the FBI's and Bob Goodlatte's conclusions and statements. Now back to my questions. Do you have any rational answers? August 8, 2016 Federal Judge Says IRS Still Targeting Tea Party With Classic 'Catch-22' http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/05/federal-judge-says-irs-still-targeting-tea-party-with-classic-catch-22/ Read more: http://650keni.iheart.com/articles/politics-104707/federal-judge-says-irs-still-targeting-14985650/#ixzz4GlBnxnHE August 8, 2016 Federal Court to IRS: Prove You Don't Target Tea Party Groups http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Federal-Court-Prove-Target-Tea-Party/2016/08/05/id/742329/ Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Federal-Court-Prove-Target-Tea-Party/2016/08/05/id/742329/#ixzz4GlCuZRAo Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now! Poll: 76 Percent of Americans Believe "Lost" IRS Emails Were Deliberatly Destroyed http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/06/25/poll-76-percent-of-americans-believe-lost-irs-emails-were-deliberatly-destroyed-n1855482 I just check what was in the news today. It seems that there are federal judges that are not buying into the FBI’s and Bob Goodlatte’s conclusions. Is the IRS mostly operated by democrat party employees? IRS Union PAC Gave 94 Percent of Donations to Democrats http://www.newsmax.com/US/IRS-donations-Democrats-union/2014/07/30/id/585799/ So, you think the IRS actions were caused by a few rogue Cincinnati employees? And it was Lerner who saved the day and was trying to fix the problem. Is that correct? Isn’t one of the issues in congress right now the impeachment of Koskinen the head of the IRS for lying about the cover-up? Here is a good timeline of the events. http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2016/06/24/irs-targeting-scandal-citizens-united-lois-lerner-and-the-20m-tax-saga-that-wont-go-away/2/#5a365ad410aa

Lois, there have been claims of rigging elections as far back as I remember.
And it has all be denied. That is until a couple decades later when people in know start writing books about the cover-ups. Remember McGovern back in 1972 and Nixon’s Watergate?
When you read between the lines on what Michael Gerhardt was telling the Judiciary Committee. “Look for alternatives". In other words, don’t start impeaching government officials for crimes. Could end up creating one big court mess with all the crooked people and actions going on in Washington.
Look how the people responded. The working people are voting to replace the Washington politicians with people who are not part of and do not support the Washington techniques of deception. This is how Trump and Burnie got where they are. I don’t support Burnie as a politician, hell he was going to spend a trillion dollars forgiving government loans. That’s what I would call buying votes. Why So Many Millennials Are Socialists
But it is more than just about one man now, take Burnie or Trump out of the picture and you still have the movements. It is all about the movements now.
The FBI political investigations also has a history. Remember Watergate? They used the FBI’s finding in the movie “All the President’s Men".
The FBI used 58 field offices, 108,556 man hours in investigations. Within the Bureau the Watergate investigations was afforded extremely close supervision, direction and control at the Headquarters level.
And guess what, they found no connection to the White House. Surprise, Surprise. And then Nixon was re-elected.

Sorry, for pissing you off. That is not my intent. I even posted the data to help you deal with the news forecasts in the fact that it is the government and not the private business behind these controls. The Fourth Estate is very active, but being operated by our secret departments. Decades past I was wondering how all of this worked and come about. So I researched how a NSA banker operates. In other words I followed the money. I followed a guy name John R Petty. He was the young NSA banker on J. P. Morgan board, assigned from a branch of the Army. After the war he was sent to Texas to close down all the radio and newspapers that would not be bought out and would not fall in line with syndicated news. Of course, this was all being done in secrecy. He is also on the list of 300 people that can change the newscasts if the data is deemed to be psychological damaging to the United States. If it will help, I will clue you in on the fact that the political system is rigged. That should make you happy because Hilary is going to win. So just chill out a little bit. You are going to get all your free government stuff and the empty promises to fix all the problems. But don’t give up, keep asking questions and digging for data. You really have a skill for research. I sure miss Dusty. Dusty could keep focused on the facts. But I think Dusty pissed you off too. Is our political system rigged when right wingers get elected, too? Was it rigged when George Bush got elected, Ronald Reagan? Republican members of Congress? Republican governors? Were Chris Christie's elections as NJ governor rigged? Was Trump's nomination rigged? Or are nominatioms and oelections rigged only when Democrats win, but when Republicans win, everything is on the up and up? Is that how it works? Do you know how rigging works? Who's in charge of rigging? Do you know how "the media" works to help rig elections? "The media" must change it's rigging process for every election, even during elections. I wonder how that's done. You must know since you claim to know so much about rigging elections. Why not let us in on it? Lois Let’s just take this in steps. Answer this question. Do you think Lois Lerner was rigging the election? "The U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI began an investigation into the IRS controversy in May 2013.[30] In October 2015, the DOJ announced that the Department was closing the investigation and would not seek any criminal charges related to the IRS controversy. The determination came after an investigation of almost two years, in which the DOJ and FBI interviewed more than 100 witnesses and reviewed more than a million pages of IRS documents.[1] "In a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Republican of Virginia, announcing the case closure, Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs Peter J. Kadzik wrote that while "our investigation uncovered substantial evidence of mismanagement, poor judgment, and institutional inertia...Not a single IRS employee reported any allegation, concern or suspicion that the handling of tax-exempt applications—or any other IRS function—was motivated by political bias, discriminatory intent, or corruption." Kadzik wrote "We found no evidence that any IRS official acted based on political, discriminatory, corrupt, or other inappropriate motives that would support a criminal prosecution."[31] Kadzik stated that the investigation specifically absolved Lerner of criminal liability, and determined that Lerner was in fact the first official to recognize a problem and try and correct it. "Reactions to the investigation's conclusions were split along partisan lines." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Lerner So in answer to your question, no. I agree with the FBI's and Bob Goodlatte's conclusions and statements. Now back to my questions. Do you have any rational answers? August 8, 2016 Federal Judge Says IRS Still Targeting Tea Party With Classic 'Catch-22' http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/05/federal-judge-says-irs-still-targeting-tea-party-with-classic-catch-22/ Read more: http://650keni.iheart.com/articles/politics-104707/federal-judge-says-irs-still-targeting-14985650/#ixzz4GlBnxnHE August 8, 2016 Federal Court to IRS: Prove You Don't Target Tea Party Groups http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Federal-Court-Prove-Target-Tea-Party/2016/08/05/id/742329/ Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Federal-Court-Prove-Target-Tea-Party/2016/08/05/id/742329/#ixzz4GlCuZRAo Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now! Poll: 76 Percent of Americans Believe "Lost" IRS Emails Were Deliberatly Destroyed http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/06/25/poll-76-percent-of-americans-believe-lost-irs-emails-were-deliberatly-destroyed-n1855482 I just check what was in the news today. It seems that there are federal judges that are not buying into the FBI’s and Bob Goodlatte’s conclusions. Is the IRS mostly operated by democrat party employees? IRS Union PAC Gave 94 Percent of Donations to Democrats http://www.newsmax.com/US/IRS-donations-Democrats-union/2014/07/30/id/585799/ So, you think the IRS actions were caused by a few rogue Cincinnati employees? And it was Lerner who saved the day and was trying to fix the problem. Is that correct? Isn’t one of the issues in congress right now the impeachment of Koskinen the head of the IRS for lying about the cover-up? Here is a good timeline of the events. http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2016/06/24/irs-targeting-scandal-citizens-united-lois-lerner-and-the-20m-tax-saga-that-wont-go-away/2/#5a365ad410aa Show how any of that amounted to rigging an election. Show it with EVIDENCE--objective evidence that actually proves rigging wqs done. There will always be corruption and claims of corruption.. They do not amount to rigging an election. If you think they do, please show that it actually happened and how. Which elections were "rigged" and which ones were not rigged? Was GWB's election rigged? Reagan's? Bush senior's? Nixon's. You have never answered those questions. All you do is engage in innuendo and empty claims about rigged elections that Democrats have won. If you are going to claim that any election was rigged, you have to demonstrate that it was actually rigged, who did the rigging and how was it done. We've had enough of empty claims. Pointing to someone who was found to be doing something underhanded does not amount to proving that an election was "rigged". You have to come up with something much better than that. PS! The "Lois Lerner saga" won't go away as long as there are Republicans around who have nothing else to support their politics--and they are legion.

For what its worth the song is “Red Neck Friend”.

I think both parties are to blame. I am not just picking on the Democrats. Nixon was a Republican. Rigging is when you cause votes not to be cast for a contender by physical or deceptive methods. Nixon is good example because the FBI claimed that the investigation into Watergate was the most intensive investigation ever done in this nation. And there was nothing to connect the Whitehouse. It was later discovered that the right questions were never ask, in other words the FBI investigation was part of the cover-up of the rigging going on by the Republicans. They would have gotten away with the rigging if it wasn’t for W. Mark Felt (Deep Throat). Mr. Felt was a top FBI official, and he said that it was an FBI operation from the beginning. The FBI decided to use the outside help to do the break-in. And that was decided at a meeting in the Whitehouse.
All this is very common knowledge today.
The way the IRS handled the donors list would be considered rigging. Holding up approval of the tax exempt status would also be rigging.
In the news today printed in The Wall Street Journal, August 7, 2016.
The IRS Loses in Court Again
An appeals panel revives bias cases the agency tried to kill.
The IRS has so far evaded accountability for its political targeting of conservative groups, but the courts haven’t been forgiving when they’ve considered the issue. On Friday the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals gave the agency its latest comeuppance, reviving lawsuits by dozens of groups discriminated against by the IRS.

So, like Watergate, it takes time.
The courts today are saying.
A unanimous panel of the DC Circuit Court of Appeals isn’t buying it. Today the circuit’s three-judge panel unanimously reinstated lawsuits against the IRS over the targeting program (PDF). With scathing language, it ruled that a lower court had improperly credited the IRS’s promises that it had ended its abusive targeting and sought to rectify the harms being sued over. In fact, the court said, evidence indicates that the IRS has not only failed to provide adequate guarantees of future good behavior, but continues even now to hassle some of the groups it harassed.
Today’s ruling finds “little factual dispute" about the targeting and resulting “unequal treatment." In fact, it is “plain … that the IRS cannot defend its discriminatory conduct on the merits." Significantly, the service “has, obviously, taken no action to disavow or discredit" the Inspector General report from the Treasury, its own parent department, with its damning evidence of wrongdoing. So – contrary to what one set of IRS defenders has said – there is no real question whether there was wrongdoing, only what the remedies should be.

Check it out. The other side of this game.

http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_Exposed Through the corporate-funded American Legislative Exchange Council, global corporations and state politicians vote behind closed doors to try to rewrite state laws that govern your rights. These so-called "model bills" reach into almost every area of American life and often directly benefit huge corporations. In ALEC's own words, corporations have "a VOICE and a VOTE" on specific changes to the law that are then proposed in your state. DO YOU? Numerous resources to help us expose ALEC are provided below. We have also created links to detailed discussions of key issues, which are available on the left. What Is ALEC? Who Funds ALEC? ALEC Corporations Corporations That Have Cut Ties to ALEC ALEC Politicians (all states) Is Your Legislator Part of ALEC Legislators Who Have Cut Ties to ALEC ALEC Non-Profits and Think Tanks ALEC State Chairs ALEC "Scholars" ALEC Boards & Task Forces ALEC's Koch Connection Common Cause Trove of ALEC Task Force Docs
ALEC’s Influence over Lawmaking in State Legislatures Molly JackmanFriday, December 6, 2013 https://www.brookings.edu/articles/alecs-influence-over-lawmaking-in-state-legislatures/ Today marks the close of the annual policy summit of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) in Washington D.C. ALEC is known for writing model legislation with major industries and then encouraging their introduction – through their legislative partners – in statehouses nationwide. What ALEC does during its closed-door meetings is largely a mystery. This week, ALEC opened its doors to the Washington media – who quickly found the most important doors slamming in their faces. Not only are their meetings private, but so too are their legislative successes and failures. Specifically, we do not know where ALEC’s model bills inspired the introduction and passage of new legislation. In other words, ALEC could have a tremendous influence over lawmaking in the American states, or it could have none at all – we just don’t know. My findings are threefold. First, ALEC model bills are, word-for-word, introduced in our state legislatures at a non-trivial rate. Second, they have a good chance – better than most legislation – of being enacted into law. Finally, the bills that pass are most often linked to controversial social and economic issues. In the end, I argue that this is not good for ALEC, its corporate partners, or for the democratic process..
Check it out. The other side of this game.
http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_Exposed Through the corporate-funded American Legislative Exchange Council, global corporations and state politicians vote behind closed doors to try to rewrite state laws that govern your rights. These so-called "model bills" reach into almost every area of American life and often directly benefit huge corporations. In ALEC's own words, corporations have "a VOICE and a VOTE" on specific changes to the law that are then proposed in your state. DO YOU? Numerous resources to help us expose ALEC are provided below. We have also created links to detailed discussions of key issues, which are available on the left. What Is ALEC? Who Funds ALEC? ALEC Corporations Corporations That Have Cut Ties to ALEC ALEC Politicians (all states) Is Your Legislator Part of ALEC Legislators Who Have Cut Ties to ALEC ALEC Non-Profits and Think Tanks ALEC State Chairs ALEC "Scholars" ALEC Boards & Task Forces ALEC's Koch Connection Common Cause Trove of ALEC Task Force Docs
ALEC’s Influence over Lawmaking in State Legislatures Molly JackmanFriday, December 6, 2013 https://www.brookings.edu/articles/alecs-influence-over-lawmaking-in-state-legislatures/ Today marks the close of the annual policy summit of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) in Washington D.C. ALEC is known for writing model legislation with major industries and then encouraging their introduction – through their legislative partners – in statehouses nationwide. What ALEC does during its closed-door meetings is largely a mystery. This week, ALEC opened its doors to the Washington media – who quickly found the most important doors slamming in their faces. Not only are their meetings private, but so too are their legislative successes and failures. Specifically, we do not know where ALEC’s model bills inspired the introduction and passage of new legislation. In other words, ALEC could have a tremendous influence over lawmaking in the American states, or it could have none at all – we just don’t know. My findings are threefold. First, ALEC model bills are, word-for-word, introduced in our state legislatures at a non-trivial rate. Second, they have a good chance – better than most legislation – of being enacted into law. Finally, the bills that pass are most often linked to controversial social and economic issues. In the end, I argue that this is not good for ALEC, its corporate partners, or for the democratic process..
We really got to do some house cleaning and it looks like accountability and transparency needs to go beyond DC and include the corporate world too.