Self-liberation

Liberation from the confines of mind, has been tried for at least two millennia, and proven to be a Sisyphean task, as the respective undertakings tend to add to the complexity of mind.
Since the beginning of the twentieth century, mind is apparently able to liberate itself through Self-realisation.

Actually the truth is the exact opposite of what you’ve stated. Sorry.

Not sure what he’s actually claiming, but love the word of the day.
I am familiar with Sisyphus, but never heard the term
Sisyphean task

You can use Sisyphean to describe things that require a lot of hard work and yet will never be truly finished. Keeping a house clean can feel Sisyphean, and so can deciding on a movie that everyone in a family will enjoy. The word comes from the character Sisyphus in Greek mythology, who was sentenced for his wrongdoing to push a boulder up a hill and watch it roll back down, again and again, forever.
Unlike Sisyphus' boulder, Sisyphean task rolls off the tongue with alacrity.

check Greek mythology

Yup,
Back to the OP, what does that even mean?

Liberation from the confines of mind,
Shouldn't you define what you mean by "confines of mind". "liberation" could use a little attention too. Seems to me in living real life we find liberation from within our 'confines' None of us (or any living being for that matter) is free, we must all exist within limitations (confines) of the reality we find ourselves within. Freedom or a prison may be made out of those unavoidable limitations life sets on each of us.
Since the beginning of the twentieth century, mind is apparently able to liberate itself through Self-realisation.
Here again, it's meaningless without a few definitions, what is "self-realization"? Oh and what's with "since the 20th century", you think there was no passion and self-realization happening before then? In my case somewhere early on I realized I was my project, I didn't want to emulate anyone else's expectations (wrong word, but...). I wanted to focus on figuring out who the hell I was, and what I could do with the talents and spirit manifest within me. Around me I see most people so busy trying to be some else they fail at living/experiencing their own lives as an ongoing evolving journey. So when they get old, they freak out because they have few solid self-made memories of taking advantage of youth and vigor when it was theirs. It's really sad.

no matter how I try S.N. won’t let me do it.
someone :-/

I can identify with your opinion about “most people” - but they are of little help to realise one-self. There might be some teachers & Philosophies trying to do so, but they can only be effective as long as one is ready to adapt them - which of course implies giving up, or at least suppress, some aspects of one Self.
Yet, there is the option of Self-realisation through Self-affirmation. Not very popular where ego is “bad” - but its exactly those types of criteria and restrains of which Self (mind) ought to liberate itself
In 1904 appeared “Liber al vel Legis”, a guide book to mind (self) and this particular approach.

Hmmm…
Hmmmm…
Ah ha…
Smoke some DMT and kill your ego. Escape from the ego would be the highest form of self-realization. What are you, when all of you is stripped away?
Well, I don’t know. Maybe just get off of Facebook and Twitter for awhile.

I obviously did not formulate it clearly
This is not a proposal to get rid of mind, but to liberate it, in order to be able to unfold (use/apply) its tremendous potential

I obviously did not formulate it clearly This is not a proposal to get rid of mind, but to liberate it, in order to be able to unfold (use/apply) its tremendous potential
That's a little clearer, but step one is to stop thinking in such grandios and vague terms. You want to liberate your mind? Read about other cultures. Live in them if possible. Listen to music you wouldn't normally listen to. Watch TV from other countries, and on and on. This will liberate your mind (make it not so provincial) and help you be a more effective and caring person. (Hopefully).

Agreed CuthbertJ. I think a lot of people understand “mind” as the social education they grew up with. Some, maybe even most, people don’t make the transition to thinking for themselves. They gain the skill, but immediately react to the realization that they weren’t thinking for themselves before and look for someone to blame. There’s no one to blame because it’s part of being human. The only thing to do is keep thinking for yourself, and improving your skills of recognizing when someone is trying to say they can think for you.

Mind accumulates and transforms external/internal events - Self is the core of Mind

. There is nothing like that. There is no liberation which can be called my liberation.

. All liberation is from the idea of the ego. You will not be liberated, you will be liberated from yourself. It is not your liberation, it is liberation from you. It is emancipation from all that you have become identified with.

How would you define Ego?

In what way do you think we need to be liberated from the “self”?

Why do we need to be liberated from “me, myself & I”?