Postulate (1)

All our deeds, emotions, thoughts, creeds – and whatever else we are trying to relate ourselves with – are expression of consciousness which thus exercises its possibilities in order to realize itself

Did you get that from the Deepak Chopra random quote generator?

Apparently the concept of rationality fails or Jr. Member.

this is to evoke critical thoughts and not self aggrandizing & insulting comments

I thought they were very critical

I guess i leave you guys on your own - can you please remove this post? Thanks for your attention!

I guess i leave you guys on your own - can you please remove this post? Thanks for your attention!
Posts are not removed. If you want to expand on what you said or take it back, you are free to do so, you can't demand that it be unsaid. Lois

obviously i cannot demand civil conduct either - nor can i imagine that anyone is going to follow a threat that is tumbling into the abysses of imbecile minds

All our deeds, emotions, thoughts, creeds – and whatever else we are trying to relate ourselves with – are expression of consciousness which thus exercises its possibilities in order to realize itself
OK, taking your statement seriously. 1st, you are saying that everything that we do, feel, think, believe, etc. is an expression of consciousness. This seems off track, already, as much of what we do, feel, think, believe, etc., takes place subconsciously. 2nd, you are apparently saying that this consciousness does all of this in order to recognize itself. But consciousness is not an entity that is separate from ourselves that has its own agenda.

Nice explanation, Tim. If the original post been expressed this clearly the discussion would have started on a more rational level.
Statment 1 is demonstrably false. See any number of psychological studies showing our subconscious makes decisions before we become aware of them. You are aright about statement 2. I’ll add that waechter418’s reasoning is probably circular, depending on which definition of “realize” the OP meant.

As an auto- or self- complementary dynamic, consciousness could be universal as well as individual, innate to mind and matter and relate itself linear as well as non-linear, depending on the time/space distribution of its hosts.
Pardon the flaws - i just make this up - which by the way, might be another manifestation of consciousness and thus proof it to be difficult to frame.
P.S: the title “postulate” is misleading - ought to be “proposition”. I intent to follow it up with a couple of more (consequently numbered) subjects, which, despite having been cherished for thousands of years, seem find little sympathy among the contemporary “friends of wisdom”.
No hard feelings, fellows:-)

I intent to follow it up with a couple of more (consequently numbered) subjects, ...
If I may suggest... don't. There is no rational discussion possible about your postu..., eh, proposition, so there is no use posting this here.
Nice explanation, Tim. If the original post been expressed this clearly the discussion would have started on a more rational level.
Actually, I think that your original reaction, re: "a Deeprak Chopra random quote generator" was, extraordinarily clever, and on point. (Although I hate to see someone smacked down, so efficaciously, right out of the chute.)