Secularism and Public Health

I discovered the Center for Inquiry about a month ago, and since then have excitedly been working my way through all the CFI podcasts and thoroughly enjoying the range of topics and the free thinking approach to the issues. I work across Africa as a health consultant, with a focus on HIV/AIDS and key populations. One of the most serious challenges for my work is the level of prejudice and discrimination (legal and non-legal) against LGBTI, sex workers and drug users - almost exclusively driven by religious intolerance. I want to use the CFI model to stimulate more reasoned debate around these issues - and build more effective, rational and “religion free” responses to these critical public health and human rights concerns.

I discovered the Center for Inquiry about a month ago, and since then have excitedly been working my way through all the CFI podcasts and thoroughly enjoying the range of topics and the free thinking approach to the issues. I work across Africa as a health consultant, with a focus on HIV/AIDS and key populations. One of the most serious challenges for my work is the level of prejudice and discrimination (legal and non-legal) against LGBTI, sex workers and drug users - almost exclusively driven by religious intolerance. I want to use the CFI model to stimulate more reasoned debate around these issues - and build more effective, rational and "religion free" responses to these critical public health and human rights concerns.
Welcome. Glad you found CFI. Lois