Scotland to ban GM crop growing

Saw a good comment the other. A guy was saying that what got him thinking about GMOs is this argument about them being banned. He was also interested in Marijuana being legalized and knew that it’s being illegal said nothing about it being actually harmful or comparatively harmful. Marijuana bans are almost purely political, as are the banning of GMOs.

Hmmm, well there goes the next bumper crop of oats, and what about grain for Scotch? Will Scotch lovers pay two hundred dollars a bottle when the barley crop is eaten by insects?
Cap’t Jack

I’m growing tired of responding to my anti-GMO friends, especially in cases like this where the headline is “Scotland will ban GMO” but the real story is, the EU is declaring they are fine and one country has a couple nut jobs who are upset. So, I tell them, let me know what happens. I don’t care if some politician is looking for votes by claiming to be against something that will happen anyway. Tell me when this ACTUAL ban goes into place, how long it lasts, and what affect it has on the country.

Hmmm, well there goes the next bumper crop of oats, and what about grain for Scotch? Will Scotch lovers pay two hundred dollars a bottle when the barley crop is eaten by insects? Cap't Jack
Since I like my single malt aged at least 12 years, I hope that the effects of an insect plague now or in the near future, would not show up in price on existing stocks.