Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theories

I apologize if this is a repost…feel free to merge or delete. However, I find myself astounded at the idiocy (or maybe just the lack of critical skill) propagating itself on my various social media feeds. Exhibit A, this video].
My response has been primarily to point people in the direction of an excellent article that appeared in the Inquirer a few years ago: HERE]
Don’t know if anyone else is seeing this stuff come up, but I feel like it’s even more frustrating than the Loose Change phenomenon.

I just got a spam email ‘explaining’ how it was all done with actors ‘just so Obama can ram through gun control’. >:-( What a bunch of ass hats!
Take care,
Derek

I don’t bother with grand conspiracy theories. While there have been real grand conspiracies, the people behind them hardly bothered to keep them or their goals a secret. In fact, one sometimes had to wonder if they would ever shut up.

The problem is, of course, is that the utter nutcases who think this have guns, and the traitorous morons who yap out this dogs breakfast on radio and TV know that. They simply want to cause as much harm as they can.

I heard NRA membership jumped by 250,000 since the shooting -
the whole thing seems to have spiraled so out of control I solve it the way most people solve the Global Warming issue/question - I shut it out.
been staying away from the news, so don’t know if that NRA figure is accurate or just more PR BS.
But I do hear gun sales have seen another surge.

Looks like Rick Perry has a solution: PRAY harder!!
It’s working so good with global warming and extreme weather, why not.
Here, let the Young Turk give you the details:

Under the heading “Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theories”
I’ve got a friend telling me Internet Talk about these “charity” groups setting up websites for the Sandy Hook families — before the shooting.
And this has been going on for days… and I’m just thinking they gotta be kidding… how paranoid has it gotten out there?
It makes no sense on so many levels, does this notion have legs out there?
I’m so disconnected from the media these days that I don’t know.

• and I got no time for it. Though it sure is curious.
    Has anyone heard about that story, where it started, what’s it about?
Let's put that number in perspective...so another 0.00080128205% of the population joined the NRA. So. What. 250,000 looks like a large number until you realize the population of the US is somewhere in the neighborhood of 312 million and that 250 thou is just a drop in the bucket.
Let's put that number in perspective...so another 0.00080128205% of the population joined the NRA. So. What. 250,000 looks like a large number until you realize the population of the US is somewhere in the neighborhood of 312 million and that 250 thou is just a drop in the bucket. Guess that depends on where they're pointing at. . . . . . . :grrr: ;-)