Right to bear arms?

I’m not sounding like a moron. People talk and if one is smart, they listen. I have a job in which I talk to a variety of people every day and I listen. I happen to be lucky enough to hear hunters talk during the various hunting seasons and I can tell you, they brag about “the rack on that buck” and crap. I don’t need to try harder and apparently you don’t listen. Now who sounds like the moron? I can tell you, it’s not me. If you want that deer, you cannot use an AR or an AK. That would be totally stupid.

My late grandfather, who hunted and ranted against poachers (he loathed them) would call these people “poachers”.

This is military.

Worse than poachers and if my grandfather were alive today, I can imagine what he’d say. He loved Reagan, believed in protecting his family, wanted gun regulations, and abided by gun laws. He’d have no issues with regulating guns and banning ARs and AKs. He had both a handgun and a rifle and maybe had yet another that I didn’t even know about.

Decent law abiding citizens should have no problem with registration and background checks when purchasing a weapon designed to kill something.

Interestingly, black powder gun owners must always fill out a registration when they buy a few ounces of black powder, because it is an explosive substance, but it takes you about 30 seconds to load each single shot with a very akward long gun.

Cohen brings up a few excellent points regarding the Second Amendment.

No Lie podcast episode 108: Brian discusses Republicans’ new stall tactics when it comes to passing gun legislation and what CONSERVATIVE readings of the Second Amendment actually say.

What we have here is not a Republican MAGA, we have a Republican MAFIA!

And my grandfather was a decent law abiding citizen who had no problem with registration and background checks. He also had his handgun in a draw (I wasn’t supposed to snoop, but I did and found it) and his bullets in a completely different draw. I didn’t touch either when I saw them, but I knew not to touch it. Being an only child, as well as the only grandchild on my mother’s side, you can’t get away with very much. Touching would have gotten me in a LOT of trouble and there’d be no question what kid did what. I know how to fire a gun. I don’t like it, but I was taught. I even know about the safety and to unload a gun. I also know you unload the gun and turn on the safety to clean it. I just don’t want to bother owning one, much less touch and fire one. Of course, it’s not just because I was the only [grand]child, but because law abiding citizens teach their [grand]kids how to handle a gun. However, it hurt my ears so I didn’t want to target practice again after the one time. That and I know what guns do (are used for) and that’s all they’re used for, which is sick IMO.

The AR15 is not fully automatic so you can’t “spray” fire. It is semi automatic which means it fires as fast as you pull the trigger. As for the overkill argument – one shot might be best if the hunter is planning to eat the animal, but beyond that semi automatic rifles are ideal for hunting.

There is plenty of game besides deer – which AR15s can take down. And AKs are even better for deer hunting since it uses a bigger bullet – more stopping power so the deer might suffer less.

These aren’t fully automatic rifles, BTW.

[quote=“thatoneguy, post:147, topic:9505”]
The AR15 is not fully automatic so you can’t “spray” fire. It is semi automatic which means it fires as fast as you pull the trigger. As for the overkill argument – one shot might be best if the hunter is planning to eat the animal, but beyond that semi automatic rifles are ideal for hunting.

Well, I have dressed a few hides in my life (native style) and a hide with a bunch of holes in it is worthless except for making baby moccasins.

A hole in the hide ruins its virgin state. No self-respecting native hunter-warrior would wear a spoiled skin.

If you need more than a single bullet you are not a hunter. You are a wannabe hunter.

And killing for sport without needing food is a mortal sin, IMO

I feel like I should have clarified this better. I was trying to make a counterpoint about med compliance, etc, but I do understand there are multiple factors (contagion being one that I don’t think was mentioned here yet) that may be contributing to an increase in gun violence. And I can’t really speak with any authority as to how much more or less effective/safe modern psych meds are in comparison with their 30 year old counterparts.

Unrelated to that (but still on-topic for this thread), I didn’t see that anyone here has mentioned bump stocks yet. From what little I understand about them, it sounds like they’re an unnecessary thing and there should be much tighter restrictions on their availability. I think I first heard about them in the Las Vegas mass shooting from a few (six?) years ago.

Yeah, rabbits and squirrels and possums will be nothing, if you use an AR. ARs are not meant for hunting period. To think they are is pure ignorance of how to hunt.

Yeah, because they will be gutted already. AKs are also not meant for hunting, unless you want to do illegal hunting and take down an elephant. I don’t think you are a hunter or even talked to hunters or even raised by hunters, because you don’t know anything about what AR and AKs do to game. No one needs an AK or AR to hunt and yes, I do believe they should all be take from those who have them, because they are for the military only, not for civilians.

Oh and yes, the poor dears did suffer less when that crazed teenager shot them. They just bled out and died, leaving the ones who survived using their blood to look dead or to hide. Suffer less my butt.

Answer me this question; What was the purpose AR 15 and AK47 (Russian) guns were designed for?

A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.

Samuel Adams

1 Like

The new hunters today like to use ARs . I shot a moose and it did not go down so I did it the old fashion way I tracked the blood trail until I found the animal it was at least 10 miles. Its been part of hunting since the beginning of time but today’s modern hunter doesn’t want to do it. Anyone using an AR is not a hunter they are butchers and out of touch with nature.

Ah let me think on that a little. :thinking:

To kill as many people as possible as fast and easily as possible? :shushing_face:

2 Likes

All guns are made for killing. These two rifles are better for killing than a bolt-action rifle, for example. It is 100% true that guns like these are not necessary for hunting or self-defense; people buy them mainly because they look good and they’re fun to shoot, but there’s enough powerful people who think that is a valid reason to keep them legal.

Exactly! A real hunter doesn’t use an AR. There’s nothing left to butcher in some cases.

Anyone who believes this is not in their right mind, crazy with a false sense of power.

Here Are 7 Animals Hunters Kill Using an AR-15 | Time

I just had an idea that might just work.

You may buy a “weapon of war” but can only use it on the range for practice but otherwise keep it locked up unless in case of war. This way no one takes the right to own that gun away but restricts its use only for wartime military purposes.

They are not real hunters. They are slaughterers. They are using ARs to slaughter animals that don’t need to be slaughtered. Let’s retitle that article: “Here are 7 Four-leggeds two legged animals slaughter using AR-15s”.