(1) The 2nd Amendment actually REQUIRES gun regulation. Keep reading this & see!
(2) The 2nd Amend. says: “A well REGULATED Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
(3) The Supreme Court said that the Founding Fathers used “the ordinary definition of the militia as all able-bodied men.”
(4) So, the “militia” referred to in the 2nd Amend. just means all the gun owners in each state.
(5) The 2nd Amendment does not refer to “an UNregulated Militia” but instead refers to “a well REGULATED Militia.”
(6) Thus, the Founding Fathers expected that the governments of each state would regulate the guns in each state, & not just regulate guns, but “well regulate” them. In other words, the regulations would be strong, effective, & fulsome.
(7) So, the 2nd Amend. authorizes, expects, & requires strong regulation of guns.
(8) Now, the 2nd Amend. does state that possession & use of guns “shall not be infringed.”
(9) But since the 2nd Amend. also says that gun ownership shall be “well regulated,” it logically follows that ALL gun regulations do NOT constitute an infringement of the right to own guns.
(10) So, as an example, a regulation requiring each gun owner to pay $1 for a gun license & background check would not be an infringement, but requiring each gun owner to pay $1,000 for a gun license & background check would be an infringement.
(11) Thus, anyone who supports the 2nd Amend. must support laws that make sure that guns are “well regulated.”
(12) So, those who promote reasonable gun regulation are the true upholders of the Second Amendment, and those who oppose all gun regulation are repudiators of the Second Amendment.