Right to bear arms?

Isn’t it ironic that well-regulated militia like the police can only have hand guns and an unregulated insane 18 year old can walk into a gun store and buy a semi-automatic weapon of war .

Isn’t that kind of upside down?

1 Like

@thatoneguy Thank you.

For some more info about this, you might wanna checkout my post at Seeking recommendations for alternative treatment for anxiety! - #36 by archstanton

A cover story in TIME magazine from 2008 related how SSRIs were being used to treat soldiers for battlefield stress. The article as I recall was a “positive” article.

I need to elaborate on that though. The meds were being given to soldiers to treat battlefield stress… while still deployed. The idea was to keep them in service, on active duty but give them the meds so they could “cope” better.

You can bet your bottom dollar I wrote a letter to TIME, and to my reps after reading that. I did get a phone call from Rep. Kline’s (MN US District 2) office, a fellow who handled veteran’s affairs for Kline. I recommended a book by Alison Bass (linked in my post above).

Ah… I found the link to that TIME article!

I also recommend this resource list about “corrupted science”. Although I’m vaxxed with two boosters, I’m still concerned that some “troubling” information will be released years down the road.

Not quite true. The police do have access to some military grade weapons. They don’t always use them though.

Here’s a few articles on militarized police:

The ACLU even working on reforming this: Police Militarization | American Civil Liberties Union

[file:///C:/Users/mulsa/Documents/0000000%20%20Update%20P%20C/uvalde-guns-manufacturer-child-ad-01-1.webp]

Some people deserve a good spanking, or worst

As i understand it, Daniel defense made the weapon used for the killing.

As I understand it, the State of Texas. who as by governor’s decree is the guarantor of people’s safety was derelict in the execution of its responsibility.

I believe that the people who have lost children as a result of the State’s negligence should have the right to sue the State for damages .

I believe that a sum of 1.9 billion dollars would be a just punitive settlement.

In view of the new abortion laws, let’s see how much the State values human life.

If you are talking about the 19 kids and 2 teachers, I think the authorities “wrong decision” was actually apathetic racism.

Nevertheless, there is clear evidence of dereliction of duty by State employees specifically tasked with the protection and defense of the tax-paying citizenry when faced with life threatening situations.

Yes, that is why I say it was apathetic racism. The authorities were so racist they had very little concern about the children and the teachers being killed inside because the majority were of Latino descent. I’m not the only one who thinks this. It was a shining example of the racism that occurs within our system that is supposed to protect U.S. citizens and those living here with or without a visa or green card. What you just said is one definition of apathy.

I have this guy on twitter. He talks about how police are there to support the system, not protect people

Yes, that is what it is- a racist system. He’s not saying much different from what I’m saying.

Only good guys with guns can save us from bad guys with guns.

I thought Wayne LaPierre got nailed for dirty self enrichment at members expense and his days were numbered?

I thought NRA was being declawed by lawsuits - what happened?

Why does NRA and the insanity it peddles seem stronger than ever?

Republican’s tell us they have a plan,
let’s invent an agency that watches guys, who watch social media and stuff.

I think that translates into:

Let the mental health establishment deal with it.

Here’s how a spokesman for the Republican Party explains it:

We put security in schools, and they jailed children and wrestled them to the ground. They could easily put a few armed gaurds outside schools, and show how well that worked.

But, they won’t. We’ve already seen guards stand outside while shootings are happening. And, they don’t want authorities telling them they can’t go in their schools. They want authorities telling black people they can’t have skittles, or jog, or sleep in their beds.

I don’t think Hershel Walker is a spokesman for the GOP. I’ve read there are a number of GOPers that aren’t happy with Walker’s win …
Nonetheless, he did win the primary … assuming the election was not stolen.

And people watching men watching women on social media - isn’t that what the social media companies are supposed to be doing? Watch for “inappropriate” postings?

Nope! Walker get’s no pass.
Hershel Walker is the GOP’s candidate for US Senator. That spot is reserved for the best and brightest of the GOP. I mean the man was even able to lecture the President in the Oval Office. Says it all.

Draw what conclusions you may.

Neither does the GOP.

['Why only in America?' Sky Correspondent challenges Senator Ted Cruz - YouTube]

This man is pathetic … Confronted to the facts, he is unable to acknowledge the facts.

Other people have other views :slight_smile:

England is a cup of tea.
France, a wheel of ripened brie.
Greece, a short, squat olive tree.
America is a gun.

Brazil is football on the sand.
Argentina, Maradona’s hand.
Germany, an oompah band.
America is a gun.

Holland is a wooden shoe.
Hungary, a goulash stew.
Australia, a kangaroo.
America is a gun.

Japan is a thermal spring.
Scotland is a highland fling.
Oh, better to be anything
than America as a gun.

Brian Bilston

From what I’ve seen GOP candidates are merely who can get the most votes.

One of the first steps in turning my back on the GOP was McCain’s (GOPer party-assigned, I’d like to think) selection of Sarah-girl.
It’s like they though the answer to “The Black Man” was “A Woman” (trying to catch disgruntled Hillary votes?)

The Repugs refuse to do anything. They won’t do anything. Their idea of solving this more guns or the only thing that works against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. The Texas Rangers are cowards and they lie, just like Repugs and now the Repugs want to arm kids. They are so stupid and feeding right into the NRA. They are paid by the NRA. Other countries don’t have this much issue with active shooters or mass killings.

I was reading about Australia after their last mass shooting the laws they enacted and they haven’t had one since. I think I read it this morning so hopefully I can find it again. So gun laws do work Gun buybacks work too and these are two of the things Aussies did and allegedly people didn’t go buy more guns after they sold them back.

I went back three days and can’t find the article about Australia and how they decreased the number of mass shootings before it got worse, but they and many other countries did it and they did with stricter gun laws and buybacks.

It’s NOT a fundamental human right. The NRA is just trying to make money. It’s just pure greed, just like inflation is greedy corporations’ doing. NRA doesn’t care about human life. They just care about money. It’s gun manufacturers’ greed and NRA greed. They are in league with each other scratching each other’s back for money. Human lives be damned, as far as they are concerned. Protect the fetus, but kill the kids by the time they are 6, or 10, or soon after. They don’t care anymore than the Texas Scaredy Cat Rangers. The Rangers didn’t actually care about those Latino kids, that’s why they are telling all these lies about what they didn’t do.

1 Like