Request for Holiday Audio Essay

“It seems to me to be obvious that everything we value in Christmas — giving gifts, celebrating the holiday with our families, enjoying all of the kitsch that comes along with it — all of that has been entirely appropriated by the secular world the same way that Thanksgiving and Halloween have been." – Sam Harris, December 2006
“I am perfectly happy on Christmas day to say Merry Christmas to everybody…I might sing Christmas carols …We are not kill joys, we are not scrooges…we give each other presents and when my daughter was a bit younger we would have a tree. We don’t now. We go to my sister’s house for Christmas lunch which is a lovely big family occasion. Everybody thoroughly enjoys it. No church of course." –Richard Dawkins, December 2008
How do you deal with the Christmas holiday season? Do you love it, hate it, or just tolerate it? Do you celebrate the winter solstice, or “Humanlight"?
Equal Time for Freethought, the longest running on-air radio program for the freethought community, is accepting audio submissions to be broadcast on our Naturalistic Christmas Special which express your thoughts and feelings about this “holiday season." Submissions should be no longer than 10 or 12 minutes. It can consist of an interview with friends, family, and /or workplace associates, or even a rant by its producer. Chanukah experiences are welcome as well.
Submissions must be received no later than December 15, 2013.
For more information please send message to arnell7@juno.com with the words “Christmas Recording" in the subject line.
Thanks,
Arnell Dowret, Producer Equal Time for Freethought
Saturdays 3 - 4PM 99.5fm, WBAI, NY
www.equaltimeforfreethought.org