Randi offers $1 Million Dollar for Perpetual Motion Machine

Hello it’s just gone past Midnight here in Australia and I’ve found out James Randi does the MDC for people who can make a working perpetual motion machine.
Well it just so happens that I have plans of such a device,though because of my perceived mental loony state,JREF will probably decline to have me as a real claimant to win the million dollar prize…

Poor Galileo…such persecution by those afraid to give up the reins of power…

Poor Galileo....such persecution by those afraid to give up the reins of power......
Randi the mainstream scientist actually fits very well.

Have you written them? Have you arranged for a test?

Have you written them? Have you arranged for a test?
No I haven't tried to make contact with JREF though tonight I was speaking on the phone to a West Australian Skeptic to see how to go about being a possible candidate for the Australian Skeptics $100,000 prize. There's a meeting in March and will find out more then if I show up.

Randi requires that you prove that you have the ability, which would probably require you to actually BUILD the machine, not just have plans for it. Don’t you think?

I’m curious, you said “your perceived mental loony state”. What do you mean by “loony” and who’s doing the perceiving, you, others?

I'm curious, you said "your perceived mental loony state". What do you mean by "loony" and who's doing the perceiving, you, others?
me and others... I have said alot of wacky things due to believing or should I say was FRIGHTENED into believing the Holy Bible as the infallible word of God from my parents and general public as a child.Though I no longer believe in God or the Scriptures due to me standing up against it by using logic and reasoning and especially denouncing the so called ''morals of the Bible'' by seeing how UNFAIR the requirements to gain the promised eternal life. Yes,I believe I am still in the process of repairing the extreme damage that was done to my mental state from the fears of punishment which the Bible has rammed down my throat since my childhood..... I am 46 years old and believe it's not too late to fight back to regain ones SANITY :-) Some people take longer than others to heal from long lasting childhood mental abuse.
Randi requires that you prove that you have the ability, which would probably require you to actually BUILD the machine, not just have plans for it. Don't you think?
JREF won't have anything to do with me unless I can attract the interest of the Australian Skeptics which has a cash prize $100,000.So I'm hoping to finnish building the machine and then take it apart (if need be partly destroy certain parts) before going to the next West Australian Skeptics meeting in March.
I'm curious, you said "your perceived mental loony state". What do you mean by "loony" and who's doing the perceiving, you, others?
me and others... I have said alot of wacky things due to believing or should I say was FRIGHTENED into believing the Holy Bible as the infallible word of God from my parents and general public as a child.Though I no longer believe in God or the Scriptures due to me standing up against it by using logic and reasoning and especially denouncing the so called ''morals of the Bible'' by seeing how UNFAIR the requirements to gain the promised eternal life. Yes,I believe I am still in the process of repairing the extreme damage that was done to my mental state from the fears of punishment which the Bible has rammed down my throat since my childhood..... I am 46 years old and believe it's not too late to fight back to regain ones SANITY :-) Some people take longer than others to heal from long lasting childhood mental abuse.Ok, I'm sure you're not alone in having gone through what you did. Hopefully you're talking to others. Now what does that have to do with having a PMM accepted for judgment? And really, I'd say before you waste any time and money, maybe you should read up on what you're trying to do. There's some other thread in this forum about PMM where some guy claimed to have built one in his house. Find that thread. Bottom line is, you're not going to build one. Now if you need to try for psychological reasons, well, have at it and have fun, can't hurt to try...or can it? False hope can be a bad thing too. Just be careful ok because you sound like a good person who was dealt a crappy hand. Don't deal yourself one too.

You don’t sound loony to me highflertoo. You sound like you have freed yourself from other peoples delusions…careful not to delude yourself. Check out the dialogue about perpetual motion. It is easy to fool yourself when the signal is very small. Tiny forces can keep your system functioning but that does not make it a perpetual motion machine. Keep your sanity and don’t try to fight the second law of thermodynamics…you will fail. If you are having fun and this is all tongue in cheek…keep up the good work.

Randi is not a scientist…He is a magician. And a brilliant man and dedicated rationalist. He is one of the great men who confronts nonsense with common sense.

Randi is not a scientist....He is a magician. And a brilliant man and dedicated rationalist. He is one of the great men who confronts nonsense with common sense.
I thought Randi said he was a conjurer rather than a magician? Anyhow here's a video of a 2012 Tam meeting hosting the Million Dollar Challenge with James Randi in the Audience where Banacek make it's very clear how the MDC is not only for psychics but for people claiming perpetual motion machines,etc....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHs0vM3gRTA So until my claim of ''over-unity'' has been decently debunked, I would advise you not to imply my claim is nonsense ;-) stay cool

conjurer -magician whatever…do you feel better calling him a conjurer ? ok youre right !
I can see you think of yourself as the persecuted genius because you think that someone needs to DEBUNK your opus magnum…you need to prove it works to the world. That is science…over-unity and free energy alas are not…
I would advise you to listen to reason…not to hug and caress nonsense !!!

conjurer -magician whatever....do you feel better calling him a conjurer ? ok youre right ! I can see you think of yourself as the persecuted genius because you think that someone needs to DEBUNK your opus magnum......you need to prove it works to the world. That is science....over-unity and free energy alas are not...... I would advise you to listen to reason.....not to hug and caress nonsense !!!
Randi calls himself a conjurer because magic is of the supernatural. As for my over-unity machine you seem to have jumped the gun in a most unskeptical manner.
Randi requires that you prove that you have the ability, which would probably require you to actually BUILD the machine, not just have plans for it. Don't you think?
JREF won't have anything to do with me unless I can attract the interest of the Australian Skeptics which has a cash prize $100,000.So I'm hoping to finnish building the machine and then take it apart (if need be partly destroy certain parts) before going to the next West Australian Skeptics meeting in March. I have not heard that Randi has any such rule. Can you provide a citation? Lois
Randi is not a scientist....He is a magician. And a brilliant man and dedicated rationalist. He is one of the great men who confronts nonsense with common sense.
I thought Randi said he was a conjurer rather than a magician? Anyhow here's a video of a 2012 Tam meeting hosting the Million Dollar Challenge with James Randi in the Audience where Banacek make it's very clear how the MDC is not only for psychics but for people claiming perpetual motion machines,etc....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHs0vM3gRTA So until my claim of ''over-unity'' has been decently debunked, I would advise you not to imply my claim is nonsense ;-) stay cool Randi says he is a conjurer rather than a magician because his contention is that there is no such thing as magic, therefore no magicians. He is being consistent. JREF examines any claims of the supernatural and anything that would contradict known scientific principles. So your PMM would certainly qualify for a first look. Lois
I thought Randi said he was a conjurer rather than a magician? Anyhow here's a video of a 2012 Tam meeting hosting the Million Dollar Challenge with James Randi in the Audience where Banacek make it's very clear how the MDC is not only for psychics but for people claiming perpetual motion machines,etc....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHs0vM3gRTA So until my claim of ''over-unity'' has been decently debunked, I would advise you not to imply my claim is nonsense ;-) stay cool Randi says he is a conjurer rather than a magician because his contention is that there is no such thing as magic, therefore no magicians. He is being consistent. JREF examines any claims of the supernatural and anything that would contradict known scientific principles. So your PMM would certainly qualify for a first look. Lois his contention or his belief? don't get when Randi says he can't disprove supernatural yet is promoting that it can't exist??

Wait, I think I missed something. Where’s your claim to something you’ve called Over Unity? Why don’t you summarize it here. If it can’t pass muster here it’s certainly not going to with Randi and others.

I thought Randi said he was a conjurer rather than a magician? Anyhow here's a video of a 2012 Tam meeting hosting the Million Dollar Challenge with James Randi in the Audience where Banacek make it's very clear how the MDC is not only for psychics but for people claiming perpetual motion machines,etc....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHs0vM3gRTA So until my claim of ''over-unity'' has been decently debunked, I would advise you not to imply my claim is nonsense ;-) stay cool Randi says he is a conjurer rather than a magician because his contention is that there is no such thing as magic, therefore no magicians. He is being consistent. JREF examines any claims of the supernatural and anything that would contradict known scientific principles. So your PMM would certainly qualify for a first look. Lois his contention or his belief? don't get when Randi says he can't disprove supernatural yet is promoting that it can't exist?? No one is ever required to show that something is not true or doesn't exist. The burden of proof is always on the person making a claim, not the person(s) the claim is made to--and those saying the supernatural is a true phenomenon have never shown a scintilla of evidence for their claim. I doubt Randi has said the supernatural does not exist. He is taking the default position that it would be folly to assume a claim without evidence should be accepted as true. The fact that he is willing to test claims shows that he is open to evidence. It's just that none has been shown, even with a million dollars on the table. Can you prove Santa Claus doesn't exist? Zeus? Any of the thousands of gods that have been proposed but for whom no evidence has been shown? If you can, please show us how you would go about proving that they don't exist. We skeptics will then use the same method to show that the supernatural does not exist. Until then, we take the rational default position of "not proven." Lois