Pop Culture You Don't Like

My wife and I like to watch some of the Police Dramas, the original CSI was good for awhile, and I understand that a real crime isn’t solved in an hour show, the writers had to take some liberties or the timeline would get too boring. I think that the real draw for me is when solving the crime, is a variation of a Sherlock Holmes style of solving crimes. This last season it was “Castle” and “Forever” but we were watching less for the crime solving than the dynamics of the stars of the show. The one show that I am recording is the original “Dr Who” series that is playing on RTV. It is unfortunate that there are commercials. I had most of them recorded on VHS from a PBS station that did not have commercials, but I no longer have those tapes.

My wife and I like to watch some of the Police Dramas, the original CSI was good for awhile, and I understand that a real crime isn't solved in an hour show, the writers had to take some liberties or the timeline would get too boring. I think that the real draw for me is when solving the crime, is a variation of a Sherlock Holmes style of solving crimes. This last season it was "Castle" and "Forever" but we were watching less for the crime solving than the dynamics of the stars of the show. The one show that I am recording is the original "Dr Who" series that is playing on RTV. It is unfortunate that there are commercials. I had most of them recorded on VHS from a PBS station that did not have commercials, but I no longer have those tapes.
Another thing is that you seldom see a program where the crime remains unsolved. It would never sell. Sometimes documemtaries focus on unsolved crimes, but almost never fictional detective stories. Lois

Let’s see… ‘Popular’ things I don’t like:

• Rap music
  • ‘Reality’ TV shows
  • Remakes of movies that were just fine the first time. :wink:
    That’s all I can think of at the moment. I guess I tend to focus on what I like and just ignore what I don’t like. :cheese:
    Take care,
    Derek
Another thing is that you seldom see a program where the crime remains unsolved. It would never sell. Lois
A police officer once told me, "We usually don't catch the smart ones." so the programs that show the detectives catching a really bright criminal, are probably not very realistic.

I can’t stand Bro Country. And I couldn’t watch the TV show Friends.

Rap music and reality shows (especially) would make my top list also. I would add traditional sitcoms. I would include ballet and opera, but I’m not sure they qualify as particularly “popular”, anyway. Oh, and of course, FOX News, and any conservative radio talk shows.

Rap music and reality shows (especially) would make my top list also. I would add traditional sitcoms. I would include ballet and opera, but I'm not sure they qualify as particularly "popular", anyway. Oh, and of course, FOX News, and any conservative radio talk shows.
I think you're right, Ballet and Opera aren't particularly pop culture, though some Yuppies will attend to look sophisticated to others, so it's OK to like them and still not violate the rules of the thread.
Rap music and reality shows (especially) would make my top list also. I would add traditional sitcoms. I would include ballet and opera, but I'm not sure they qualify as particularly "popular", anyway. Oh, and of course, FOX News, and any conservative radio talk shows.
I think you're right, Ballet and Opera aren't particularly pop culture, though some Yuppies will attend to look sophisticated to others, so it's OK to like them and still not violate the rules of the thread.Nah, Ballet and Opera definitely do not qualify as pop culture in any way, shape, or form.

Some others that just popped into my head:
Miley Cyrus–not talented in anyway.
The Kardashians–also not talented, but at least they are good looking.
Carl Sagan–even though I’m an atheist, I hate everything about Sagan. Backpfeifengesicht]

Carl Sagan--even though I'm an atheist, I hate everything about Sagan. Backpfeifengesicht]
I always knew you were a statistical outlier. Luckily for society Sagan inspired many people to study science. His book The Dragons of Eden helped me get over my fascination with religion and open my mind to reality.
Some others that just popped into my head: Miley Cyrus--not talented in anyway. The Kardashians--also not talented, but at least they are good looking. Carl Sagan--even though I'm an atheist, I hate everything about Sagan. Backpfeifengesicht]
Kardashian's are good looking? Oh that reminds, me... songs like "I Like Big Butts" - I don't care for.
Some others that just popped into my head: Miley Cyrus--not talented in anyway. The Kardashians--also not talented, but at least they are good looking.
Two perfect examples of what's wrong with the entertainment industry these days. You don't have to have talent; you just have to be good at getting yourself noticed. And too many young women these days have figured out that dancing around in your underwear gets you noticed. I used to think that Taylor Swift was a class act until I saw one of HER music videos.
Two perfect examples of what's wrong with the entertainment industry these days. You don't have to have talent; you just have to be good at getting yourself noticed. And too many young women these days have figured out that dancing around in your underwear gets you noticed.
Its nothing really new, though.
I used to think that Taylor Swift was a class act until I saw one of HER music videos.
Whats wrong with her videos?
Some others that just popped into my head: Miley Cyrus--not talented in anyway. The Kardashians--also not talented, but at least they are good looking. Carl Sagan--even though I'm an atheist, I hate everything about Sagan. Backpfeifengesicht]
Kardashian's are good looking? Oh that reminds, me... songs like "I Like Big Butts" - I don't care for.Their looks are what make them somewhat tolerable.

OMg! Sharknado movies! I did not realize they were so popular. I have never watched one but have preformed my opinion that they must be terrible.

Harry Potter
The Hunger Games
Zombies
Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
psik

Kardashian's are good looking? Oh that reminds, me... songs like "I Like Big Butts" - I don't care for.Their looks are what make them somewhat tolerable. Honestly, I haven't looked at them enough to form a good subjective opinion on that. I think I'll keep it that way.
Kardashian's are good looking? Oh that reminds, me... songs like "I Like Big Butts" - I don't care for.Their looks are what make them somewhat tolerable. Honestly, I haven't looked at them enough to form a good subjective opinion on that. I think I'll keep it that way. Oops, I was just exposed to a picture of Kloe Kardashian. I am just not in that subset of white guys who find gigantic "booties" attractive.