Perfect Example of a True Christian

If he doesn’t like the rights of American gays to be married, there are a number of predominately Islamic countries where he could live, where gays are oppressed in ways that might be in accordance with his narrow religious beliefs.
I don’t recall any scriptures where Jesus advocated taking up arms against a government that had policies that did not align with his teachings or against individuals who acted in dis-accord with his teachings.

Was Jesus anti-gay marriage? Would he be? I don’t think we know the answer to that. Perhaps a lurking Christian theologist has evidence to the contrary?
If this pastor were a good Christian, shouldn’t he, rather than waving guns, advocate that his followers be willing to be jailed or otherwise persecuted for standing up for their beliefs? It seems to me that, that is what Jesus would do re: issues of religious beliefs. Though per my question, I am not sure that gay marriage would be an issue for Jesus.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/ericrosswood/gun_wielding_pastor_encourages_followers_to_use_guns_to_fight_back_against_same_sex_marriage
There are actually good Christians. He is anything but Christian.
Was Jesus anti-gay marriage? Would he be? I don't think we know the answer to that. Perhaps a lurking Christian theologist has evidence to the contrary? If this pastor were a good Christian, shouldn't he, rather than waving guns, advocate that his followers be willing to be jailed or otherwise persecuted for standing up for their beliefs? It seems to me that, that is what Jesus would do re: issues of religious beliefs. Though per my question, I am not sure that gay marriage would be an issue for Jesus.
Most of my 17 years as a Christian were in a church that is a national leader for changing the language of the United Methodist Book of Discipline to be inclusive. The easiest Bible evidence is that Jesus NOTHING about homosexuality. Apparently he didn't care who you slept with. But then you get into the "I came here to fulfill the law" and the New Covenant and all that stuff that can be applied to any rule. The "willing to be jailed" thing is more in tune with the actions and words of Jesus and his followers. Including those people that can be confirmed as real. And other than a half-phrase about going to gather your swords, I don't know of any pro-weapon verses from Jesus. Of course the OT is full of them, so they got that going for them.
Was Jesus anti-gay marriage? Would he be? I don't think we know the answer to that. Perhaps a lurking Christian theologist has evidence to the contrary? If this pastor were a good Christian, shouldn't he, rather than waving guns, advocate that his followers be willing to be jailed or otherwise persecuted for standing up for their beliefs? It seems to me that, that is what Jesus would do re: issues of religious beliefs. Though per my question, I am not sure that gay marriage would be an issue for Jesus.
Most of my 17 years as a Christian were in a church that is a national leader for changing the language of the United Methodist Book of Discipline to be inclusive. The easiest Bible evidence is that Jesus NOTHING about homosexuality. Apparently he didn't care who you slept with. But then you get into the "I came here to fulfill the law" and the New Covenant and all that stuff that can be applied to any rule. The "willing to be jailed" thing is more in tune with the actions and words of Jesus and his followers. Including those people that can be confirmed as real. And other than a half-phrase about going to gather your swords, I don't know of any pro-weapon verses from Jesus. Of course the OT is full of them, so they got that going for them. You're right. Gay anything wasn't an issue for for Jesus because he isn't quoted as mentioning it, just as he never metioned abortion, birth control or compurtr hacking. So none of those things can be Christian sins. Lois

Did anyone else do a thread search and came up with the first one being "Oh dear, what are they doing to eggs? " and read this one as “Perfect Example of a True Chicken”?

Another example of a Christian wanting others to be punished for some obscure and for the most part non-existent Judeo-Christian Law while recommending they piss all over the Ten Commandments themselves (Thou Shalt Not Kill).
Besides, I have biblical proof that Jesus was gay.

Another example of a Christian wanting others to be punished for some obscure and for the most part non-existent Judeo-Christian Law while recommending they piss all over the Ten Commandments themselves (Thou Shalt Not Kill). Besides, I have biblical proof that Jesus was gay.
I hope you are not falling into the trap of painting all Christians with the same brush. Many of the beliefs I have seen attributed to Christians on forums, do not represent my beliefs and many of them are not representative of the beliefs of the members on the church I attend. I admit that many "Christians" appear to Piss all over the 10 Commandments, but I would suggest that it is not on purpose, very few Christians I know will claim to be perfect or sinless, just forgiven.
I hope you are not falling into the trap of painting all Christians with the same brush.
I am not. It is an example of one guy, and there are more, that I have read about who believes it is OK to kill gay people. The other, not surprisingly, was also a minister. In Arizona, I think.
I hope you are not falling into the trap of painting all Christians with the same brush.
I am not. It is an example of one guy, and there are more, that I have read about who believes it is OK to kill gay people. The other, not surprisingly, was also a minister. In Arizona, I think.
If you've read my post on the Scott walker thread, I would add deactivation for anyone who actively promotes violence towards other groups.
http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/ericrosswood/gun_wielding_pastor_encourages_followers_to_use_guns_to_fight_back_against_same_sex_marriage
There are actually good Christians. He is anything but Christian. No true Scotsman] fallacy. I hear people argue this all the time. They claim anyone who does something egregiously immoral is not a Christian because a Christian would never do such a thing. Reality check: Christians have been doing such things for close to 2,000 years.
Did anyone else do a thread search and came up with the first one being "Oh dear, what are they doing to eggs? " and read this one as "Perfect Example of a True Chicken"?
True chickens are different. They don't use weapons. They are infinitely more moral than true Christians. LL
There are actually good Christians. He is anything but Christian. No true Scotsman] fallacy. I hear people argue this all the time. They claim anyone who does something egregiously immoral is not a Christian because a Christian would never do such a thing. Reality check: Christians have been doing such things for close to 2,000 years. [deleted for duplicate point]
There are actually good Christians. He is anything but Christian. No true Scotsman] fallacy. I hear people argue this all the time. They claim anyone who does something egregiously immoral is not a Christian because a Christian would never do such a thing. Reality check: Christians have been doing such things for close to 2,000 years. [deleted for duplicate point] Yeah, I think we should accept someone's assertion that they are a Christian, if they label themselves as such, but if they do things that are so far removed from the basic doctrine, it seems to me, that the Christian doctrine itself, is much less a factor in their behavior, than other factors. This pastor, for example, seems more motivated to flaunt his "Constitutional 1st and 2nd Amendment rights" by waving a gun around in some sort of paranoid rant, than to be concerned with following any "reasonable" (internally consistent) interpretation of Christian theology, that is primarily based on the New Testament. (Although, problematic in Christianity, is that their doctrine heavily takes in the Old Testament, which has a hodgepodge of stuff that can be cherry picked and jury rigged to support a variety of potentially heinous beliefs and actions.) Hence Christians who really want to do bad things to other people, can come up with religious justifications, and even religious calls to action to do bad things to other people. Although the internal logic of doing so, within the total context of doctrine, tends, I think, to be rather tenuous and/or disorganized.
There are actually good Christians. He is anything but Christian. No true Scotsman] fallacy. I hear people argue this all the time. They claim anyone who does something egregiously immoral is not a Christian because a Christian would never do such a thing. Reality check: Christians have been doing such things for close to 2,000 years. [deleted for duplicate point] Yeah, I think we should accept someone's assertion that they are a Christian, if they label themselves as such, but if they do things that are so far removed from the basic doctrine, it seems to me, that the Christian doctrine itself, is much less a factor in their behavior, than other factors. This pastor, for example, seems more motivated to flaunt his "Constitutional 1st and 2nd Amendment rights" by waving a gun around in some sort of paranoid rant, than to be concerned with following any "reasonable" (internally consistent) interpretation of Christian theology, that is primarily based on the New Testament. (Although, problematic in Christianity, is that their doctrine heavily takes in the Old Testament, which has a hodgepodge of stuff that can be cherry picked and jury rigged to support a variety of potentially heinous beliefs and actions.) Hence Christians who really want to do bad things to other people, can come up with religious justifications, and even religious calls to action to do bad things to other people. Although the internal logic of doing so, within the total context of doctrine, tends, I think, to be rather tenuous and/or disorganized. " There must be Religion. Otherwise the poor would murder the rich." Napolean Bonaparte
" There must be Religion. Otherwise the poor would murder the rich." Napolean Bonaparte
"Religion can be like a tumor within a society. It could remain benign, or it could metastasize." TimB