Patient dumping in the US...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mom-says-heartless-hospital-dumped-daughter-in-the-cold/ar-AAuBJeG?li=BBnbcA1
https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/patient-dumping-outside-hospitals-caught-on-tape/?ftag=MSF0951a18
A mentally ill patient was dumped outside of a hospital by no less that 4 hospital security guards on a bus stop wearing nothing but her hospital gown and her socks on a 30 degree temperature dead of Night. Not even during the day… When a witness called 911 to get her some help, she ended up being taken back to the same place that threw her out. And the “honorable” place claim they have and I quote (LOL.) “a psychiatric unit”!!! Holy cooww…
This is so humiliating to the medical establishment in this country. And this is not the first time that happened. Apparently it is a routine thing to do to those who have no insurance or no money to pay for their care. Least they could do is get her a coat, a hospital blanket and some shoes.
Last time I checked, Hospitals are “scientific” establishments, aren’t they?
they could have looked up the closest church in the neighborhood and call them to come and pick her up at the very least, but apparently they have no amount of decency to unable them to take the needed step.
Especially since her mother was not allowed to get in touch with her for some stupid reason… Oh my god. This is unsane. Make sure you don’t get sick under any circumstances.

It is terrible, though I’m withholding judgement until the investigation is finished.
University of Maryland medical center is quite a renowned hospital – it pioneered shock trauma medicine in the civilian world, and is highly regarded in transplant surgery, so its unlikely to be badly managed or staffed.
I’m predicting this incident was due to retarded security guards.

I'm predicting this incident was due to retarded security guards.
Or,... perhaps only because a camera was rolling?
It is terrible, though I'm withholding judgement until the investigation is finished. University of Maryland medical center is quite a renowned hospital -- it pioneered shock trauma medicine in the civilian world, and is highly regarded in transplant surgery, so its unlikely to be badly managed or staffed. I'm predicting this incident was due to retarded security guards.
Is that the way a hospital should be run, with the security guards in charge? The security guards would have no reason to dump patients unless they were directed to do so, most likely from the administration. How does dumping patients advantage the Security Guards?
It is terrible, though I'm withholding judgement until the investigation is finished. University of Maryland medical center is quite a renowned hospital -- it pioneered shock trauma medicine in the civilian world, and is highly regarded in transplant surgery, so its unlikely to be badly managed or staffed. I'm predicting this incident was due to retarded security guards.
Is that the way a hospital should be run, with the security guards in charge?
The security guards would have no reason to dump patients unless they were directed to do so, most likely from the administration. How does dumping patients advantage the Security Guards?
Who said anything about "advantaging" the guards, I said the guards messed up probably because they're idiots, and most likely unemployed now. Also there is virtually no chance of administative malfeasance at such an eminent hospital.

shit happens

I agree with what you said about the first part, but I JUST so happen to have An Extensive High level commercial security background. Guards are in a building to enforce policies, Not make or Re-write them. When they do something as drastic as this, it usually comes from Management. The Post Orders usually have a list of Big names to call when something as wild as this needs to be OKed. And I am sure they called few b4 they proceeded. So they are clear.
I agree with what you said about the first part, but I JUST so happen to have An Extensive High level commercial security background. Guards are in a building to enforce policies, Not make or Re-write them. When they do something as drastic as this, it usually comes from Management. The Post Orders usually have a list of Big names to call when something as wild as this needs to be OKed. And I am sure they called few b4 they proceeded. So they are clear.Maybe you're right, nevertheless I'm still skeptical and reserving judgment until more details come out.

The main details already have come in. It looks bad.

Interesting new info one week later: Family of woman found outside Baltimore hospital in just a gown speaks out – Baltimore Sun

Chandler said her daughter, who is from Charles County, was diagnosed with Asperger’s and a mental illness that she did not specify six years ago. After being removed from another group home for not taking her medication, she was in Baltimore as part of an intense, inpatient residential treatment program, but had gone missing. The family doesn’t know how Rebecca wound up at the hospital on Jan. 9 — whether she walked in herself or somebody brought her. Chandler has hired attorney J. Wyndal Gordon to represent her daughter. Gordon said he was still seeking answers about what medical care was provided that night, as well an emergency room visit Rebecca made to the same hospital five days earlier. He said he had requested medical records from the hospital. He said it was clear Rebecca was having a psychiatric emergency. Gordon said he’s exploring legal action, but didn’t commit to filing a lawsuit. “They were under federal obligation to screen and treat her," Gordon said. “It’s not a misdiagnosis, it’s a dump." [Don't get too far ahead of yourself counselor -- Beltane] The head of University of Maryland Medical Center, Dr. Mohan Suntha, has apologized for what happened to Rebecca. In a statement Thursday, the medical center reiterated that what happened was wrong. They said that an internal investigation identified a “breakdown in coordination" of the patient’s care after she was discharged to “ensure the social needs of the patient were met."
Well, the girls mother says she is not uninsured so that can be ruled out.

The guy who taped the clip said she had a bloody face. So either way, they needed to do something to help this person, regardless of how she got there and who is responsible about her state. That is irrelevant.
The medical establishment in this country want people to entrust themselves to it when in medical need, but they, as the medical professionals, more often than not screw up and screw up big. Michael Moore plays a similar clip in his documentary “sicko” where a homeless patient was dumped in skid row Los Angeles, CA by a taxi. The security cams had her just go around and around in the same area, in a total state of confusion upon the taxi driver dropping her off. The guards went up to her, and found out she had RAW fresh stitches across her face, neck or something like that, if I remember correctly. It was just evil to throw out someone like that who has just been knifed by some savage out there. And she was mental too, because they had hard time extracting basic information from her in the process of doing an intake. Patients like that need to rounded up and not let loose.