Opioid crisis fueled by drug industry and Congress

Ah, typical politics as usual. It’s stuff like this that makes voters feel like they have no voice, when Congressmen clearly act against their interests with no backlash.
If our venerable President Trump would really “clean the swamp” and deal with shenanigans like this, I’d be on board. I don’t think he cares, though.

I don't think he cares, though.
Trump is now trying to destroy Obamacare by himself Bob Bryan Oct. 9, 2017 http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-obamacare-health-care-repeal-replace-2017-10
Sure don't seem like it.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-dea-agent-opioid-crisis-fueled-by-drug-industry-and-congress/ Ah, typical politics as usual. It's stuff like this that makes voters feel like they have no voice, when Congressmen clearly act against their interests with no backlash. If our venerable President Trump would really "clean the swamp" and deal with shenanigans like this, I'd be on board. I don't think he cares, though.
BILL WHITAKER: You know the implication of what you're saying, that these big companies knew that they were pumping drugs into American communities that were killing people. JOE RANNAZZISI: That's not an implication, that's a fact. That's exactly what they did. In the late 1990s, opioids like oxycodone and hydrocodone became a routine medical treatment for chronic pain. Drug companies assured doctors and congressional investigators -- as in this 2001 hearing -- that the pain medications were effective and safe. Purdue Executive to Congress in 2001: Addiction is not common, addiction is rare in the pain patient who is properly managed. With many doctors convinced the drugs posed few risks, prescriptions skyrocketed and so did addiction.
JONATHAN NOVAK: They are toothless. I don't know how they stop this now. It's a very sad state of affairs. Who drafted the legislation that would have such a dire effect? The answer came in another internal Justice Department email released to 60 Minutes and The Washington Post under the Freedom of Information Act: "Linden Barber used to work for the DEA. He wrote the Marino bill." Ad: Hi, My name is Linden Barber. I'm the director of the DEA litigation and compliance practice at Quarles and Brady's Health Law Group. Barber went through the revolving door. He left his job as associate chief counsel of the DEA and within a month joined a law firm where he lobbied Congress on behalf of drug companies and wrote legislation. He advertised what he could offer a client facing DEA scrutiny. Ad continued: If you have a DEA compliance issue, or you're facing a government investigation, or you're having administrative or civil litigation involving the Controlled Substances Act, I'd be happy to hear from you. JONATHAN NOVAK: It's not surprising that this bill, that has intimate knowledge of the way that DEA, you know, regulations are enforced, the way that those laws work, was written by someone who spent a lot of time there, charged a lot of cases there.
Oh dear, stuck in a Profits Über Alles world and there's no end to the bull shit.

Trump is “cleaning the swamp” by adding more alligators.

Seeing Trump so far, I predict he will say this is all fake news.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-dea-agent-opioid-crisis-fueled-by-drug-industry-and-congress/ Ah, typical politics as usual. It's stuff like this that makes voters feel like they have no voice, when Congressmen clearly act against their interests with no backlash. If our venerable President Trump would really "clean the swamp" and deal with shenanigans like this, I'd be on board. I don't think he cares, though.
Very interesting but not a surprise. There is probably a concerted effort by .gov and industry to eliminate the population in these rust belt areas.