One for the road . . . , well maybe another, . . .

If you listen very carefully you can hear the sweep of evolution, and also a person’s life, unfolding before your ears and mind’s eye. :slight_smile:

How we got here:

Eagles - The Last Resort

Bunch of freak’s stick in the muds, you folks are. So okay lets liven it up.

Here’s to Silverton, Colorado '79 - '86 (first half was during Colorado’s last gold rush which started the year before.)

It was the best of times, it was the worst of time, and for this adventure seeking kid, it was grand

;-}

my favorite Eagles song up there

That 4 non blondes one has been running through my head lately

Yeah, it’s especially good when no one is around and you can let loose with her.

Come on, I know some of you have a song or two to share.

This morning I woke up with that old Ray Stevens (at least I was positive it was him) song with lyrics like: “in the name of the Lord, la di da” “To hell with hate in the name of the lord” and other such goodie but dang if I can’t find what I’m looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myo9wXrNUP4

Tim, thanks and I fixed that for you. Just post the URL, don’t link it and Voilà.

Usually.

I always loved Steve Perry’s voice. Here is a voice coach analyzing a “Don’t stop believin” live performance. https://youtu.be/kYTPbw_4KfM

Thanks for helping with my posting dysfunction I guess I still don’t know exactly how to do it.

Heck who ever heard of Joe South - 1969 - I’d always thought that was Ray Stevens singing that song. My bad.

I hear ya bro.

At Indiana University lots of people had their Johnny Cougar sighting stories. Later John Cougar-Mellencamp, then, well, you know. I never realized I had the words wrong. I thought it was “favorite fire”. I’ll have to look up those lyrics.

Tim that time, I think, the “youtu.be” canceled all bets.

Oh and cool, I gotta do cabin cleaning this morning, need some distraction will check it out.

There are a couple at this link. Arlo, and a guy named CR Avery. I wrote him and asked for the lyrics, he said he would get around it, but never did, far’s I know. I did my best. Also, never found this recorded anywhere except by people who were at the folk festival.

I’m sorry sometimes I watch too much TV and let the swing door slam But one day the world is going to turn all fast chains in to second hand book stores And the world will be well read But in the valley of the dead, you can’t hold your breath before death I’m going to be a literary obscene green lizard with my tail curled up like a garden hose Between my teeth a wild rose, A gray dawn, I drop a crayon and I draw it back And I let water colors run and I smear it with beads of sweat

I used to think the lyric was Paper AND Fire. Here’s the lyrics:

She had a dream
And boy it was a good one
So she chased after her dream
With much desire

But when she got too close
To her expectations
Well the dream burned up
Like paper in fire

Paper in fire
Stinkin’ up the ashtrays
Paper in fire
Smokin’ up the alleyways

Who’s to say the way
A man should spend his days
Do you let them smolder
Like paper in fire…

… He wanted love
With no involvement
So he chased the wind
That’s all his silly life required

And the days of vanity
Went on forever
And he saw his days burn up
Like paper in fire

Paper in fire
Stinkin’ up the ashtrays
Paper in fire
Smokin’ up the alleyways

Who’s to say the way
Do you let them smolder
Like paper in fire

… There’s a good life
Right across this green field
And each generation
Stares at it from afar

But we keep no check
On our appetites
So the green fields turn to brown
Like paper in fire

Paper in fire
Stinkin’ up the ashtrays
Paper in fire
Smokin’ up the alleyways

Who’s to say the way
Do you let them smolder
Like paper in fire

Hmmm, always liked the song and direction of the lyrics, though don’t think I truly knew all the words.

Reading it like that is impressive. Good poem.

Ain’t it the truth, like paper in fire.

<i>The little pink houses dude too, eh :wink: I remember him. :-)</i>