Non Sequitur

This is quite minor, however, I enjoyed this comic strip by Wiley in today’s Los Angeles Times. For those of you who don’t have it available, it starts with a story from a little girl’s “Church of Danae” about god’s putting all the species on earth, but forgetting gravity until his wife reminds him. Another character says, “Your faith-based physics is melting my brain”, and she replies, “That’s what happens when you commit the sin of thinking.”
Love it when kids are exposed to this kind of theological “reasoning”. :lol:
Occam

This is quite minor, however, I enjoyed this comic strip by Wiley in today's Los Angeles Times. For those of you who don't have it available, it starts with a story from a little girl's "Church of Danae" about god's putting all the species on earth, but forgetting gravity until his wife reminds him. Another character says, "Your faith-based physics is melting my brain", and she replies, "That's what happens when you commit the sin of thinking." Love it when kids are exposed to this kind of theological "reasoning". :lol: Occam
That's funny! Have you met God yet? He actually exists! See: The Last Testament: A Memoir by God] I'm following him on twitter. If you're not on Twitter, Occam, I recommend it for you -- it's format forces you to be absolutely succinct. But for some reason it seems hard to meet anyone with depth there. I wonder why?

Sorry, but I’ve carefully avoided all of those “social” sites such as facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc. From the references to and quotations from them, I shudder when even considering signing on to any of them.
Possibly there’s a difference between being succinct and, like most of their users, being unable to think with more complexity than expressed in 140 characters.
Occam

Me too. I tried Facebook and tested its integrity by setting up two accounts that should not have had any means of associating with one another unless they breach your privacy. I made sure that I didn’t have the same ‘friends’ in common to be sure that they don’t simply have computerized analysis of associations. When I received targeted sponsoring regarding personal information on one of the accounts that I didn’t so much as hint to anyone, I knew that they had to determine this indirectly. Not only was the information unknowable by that account, I didn’t even indicate this on the first account. The only way I figured that they could associate this was by some contact from one of my ‘friends’ from the first account. I used the first account under my regular name (Scott Mayers) while the other was under my birth name. I’m guessing perhaps that one of my family members discussed this within email exchanges!
I do have a Twitter account but recognize its risks. I am using it to follow Big Brother and other fun stuff.
For example, here’s some quotes from God on Twitter:
I have never been more ashamed of making Florida the model for the human penis.
Give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day. But why are you walking around giving men fish? That’s weird, dude.
Once in a while people do something so stupid, even My son yells “Jesus fucking Christ!”
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Neither. The rooster came first.
:lol:

This is quite minor, however, I enjoyed this comic strip by Wiley in today's Los Angeles Times. For those of you who don't have it available, it starts with a story from a little girl's "Church of Danae" about god's putting all the species on earth, but forgetting gravity until his wife reminds him. Another character says, "Your faith-based physics is melting my brain", and she replies, "That's what happens when you commit the sin of thinking." Love it when kids are exposed to this kind of theological "reasoning". :lol: Occam
In this case it was the wife who did the thinking yet again. ;)

Yeah, but since it was god’s wife, she’s a mythological character doing thinking. :lol:
Occam

Non Sequitur is one of my favorite cartoons, and today’s made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the reminder.

Today’s is excellent too.